P90X Fat Man - Phase 2!

Options
1235»

Replies

• _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    here's my 2 cent's worth...if you cant breathe, take it real easy. especially with cardio. take many rests and stop if you have to. You won't do yourself any favours if you push yourself to exhaustion and make it easier for the cold to take hold. its happened to me.
    I didn't listen when my body was saying it was sick and continued working out and got sicker. had to take off a whole week, where if I had listened to myself at the beginning, I'd have one been down one or two days at the most. Even now, I hate missing a workout because I'm sick and really really take stock of how my body is feeling before I postpone a workout. If I find it hard to breathe before a workout or can't catch my breath, I postpone it until I'm better. Take the yoga and if it's got you struggling for breath more than usual, switch it to stretch for the rest of the time. then do an extra hour of yoga on another day when you have an extra hour to spare...(because you know, we have all these extra hours just lying around :wink: )

please, please take care of yourself!!

Got in my cardio today. Yesterday was cardio and Shoulders and arms. Had to postpone Wed's cardio to Thurs because my sister went into the hospital with shrtness of breath, stomach and chest pains. They were doing tests on her thinking it was a panic attack or stress induced. I got there at 4 and stayed with her a but, But she was still there when the daycare was closing...needed me to get her 3yo son. So I brought him to my house, with my son and they played...ate dinner. She was finally released at 6:30ish...stress and panic attack they said-but get more tests. she stayed with us until her son was done dinner then they went home, her promising to call me if she felt anything like that again.

so S&A yesterday, with some CardioX for the sweat factor.

today was my scheduled cardio: fitnessblender- When I say Jump, and Cardio Kickboxing...when I say jump is just a sneaky way of making you do burpees. when you are doing a ground based exercise, they tell you to jump. when you are doing an upright exercise they tell you to burpee down (no pushup) ready for Legs and Back tomorrow morning before my son's hockey game then we're off to see an OHL game in the evening. Busy day!
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling pretty sick today. I tried to do some XStretch but had to go lay down. Probably best to just rest up and get well.
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    agreed. rest so you can get better to do better
  • pinklolipops
    pinklolipops Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I'm still resting up. I feel like I'm almost over this though, so I believe I'll be ready to start into phase 3 tomorrow. We'll see. I'm looking forward to getting back into it!
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I'm baack. lol. I was feeling so pent up with energy from not exercising these past days. Couple that with laying around all the time and I really needed to go do something. I decided to do an evening round of CardioX.

I was a bit hopped up on cough syrup but definitely breathing better, so I went for it. Had to pause a lot but got through it just fine.
  • harlychic
    Options
    Good for you...sometimes its hard to get back into after being sick. Proud of you :smile:
  • swashburn3
    Options
    I started Phase 3!! Check out my new progress thread here!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/905162-p90x-fat-man-phase-3