Replies

• terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    I decided to do a veggie/fruit only day 2xs per week. Those two days are Friday and Monday! Right before and
    after the weekend which is the hardest for me. We are hosting a superbowl party so I know to put out healthy snacks
    for people like me who are watching what they eat.

I recently started making a garden salsa out of fresh veggies. Make it the night before and it will be perfect on Sunday. I serve
    it with chips but also celery and strips of bell pepper. I am making chili too but I will make a small batch of chicken or turkey chili
    just for me!

It can be done if you are motivated!

Good luck!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Don't drink alcohol then. You'll still have fun I promise!

This is a dangerous fiction that you speak.

Lawlz.
    You should party with me some time.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Don't drink alcohol then. You'll still have fun I promise!

This is a dangerous fiction that you speak.

Lawlz.
    You should party with me some time.

Not if it impinges on my closely held beliefs, sir! Also, I don't get back down to DC too often.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options
    No sweat, it basically ends up with beer and billiards anyway. SURPRISE RUINED.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    if anyone is going for the 49ers, ADD ME!, i am whooping it up, going to drink everything and eat everything too!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

Well, damn. That is actually my kind of night. In actual DC or suburbs? I grew up in Herndon.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Take a baggie of almonds with you. Anytime you're tempted... eat a couple.
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Veggie Tray....and if you stick with the wine/vodka mixed with a club soda etc....instead of beer it'll be better and you can sip it longer.

:drinker:

When you've snacked on veggies try picking a bit at the bad stuff you really like...you'll eat less of it.

:( My Patriots lost last week, so I suppose I'll be wearing Purple on Sunday!
  • FabFran33
    Options
    Make something healthy to bring & share. PAY ATTENTION to everything you eat. Drink lots of water throughout. Whenever possible, get up and move around. Start a game for every time the team you're root for gets a touchdown: like do a little dance or something. Most of all HAVE FUN! It's only one day. Burn & cut some extra calories through the week, so you can remain UNDER your calorie goal. Also, make the healthiest reasonably lowest calorie choices you can make for breakfast and lunch that day; and even for dinner the night before.
  • BurtHuttz
    Options

Well, damn. That is actually my kind of night. In actual DC or suburbs? I grew up in Herndon.

Hahah suburbs, but only just; two miles due north of 495 in Kensington. YAY BEER AND POOL!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    One day ain't going to kill ya! Have fun eating/drinking
    what ever you want!
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it would also be great modified to be a lettuce wrap and no corn shells and using quinoa instead of the rice.... mmmmm Think I might try that!
  • deekay8507
    deekay8507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bring a veggie tray. I will also eat a little of other things. I'll have some beer too. I'll kill it at the gym before I go. :)
    Super Bowl is like Christmas here.
  • ewennmacher
    Options
    forget about the calories and have fun!!! it's one day and life is meant to be enjoyed!! i'm going to make tons of yummy food but i am getting some low calorie snack recipes from Hungry Girl and go to the gym extra long that morning. have fun!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    What will I eat?

Wings
    Chips
    Nacho Cheese Dip
    Cheese Burgers
    Beer

& I'll get back on track Monday morning..

This. I am IN F'N NOLA so there's no way I'm not partying hard.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    What will I eat?

Wings
    Chips
    Nacho Cheese Dip
    Cheese Burgers
    Beer

^^^^ This.
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    Here is a great dip to take with you - it is sooooo good I swear it is like crack! I make it every other week now and use it through out the week - it is 118 calories for 1/3 cup

This is so good and mostly protein! You can eat it with celery sticks, on a roll or with crackers! Buffalo Chicken Dip 2.5 pounds fresh chicken breasts 1/2 pkg. dry ranch mix 3/4 bottle Frank's Red Hot sauce Block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese * put chicken, ranch mix, 1/2 bottle of Frank's in crock pot for 4 hours. Shred chicken, add the other 1/4 bottle of franks and the cream cheese.

goodluck!
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What will I eat?

Wings
    Chips
    Nacho Cheese Dip
    Cheese Burgers
    Beer

There is a line forming on the right, just behind me.

^^^^ This.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    What will I eat?

Wings
    Chips
    Nacho Cheese Dip
    Cheese Burgers
    Beer

There is a line forming on the right, just behind me.

^^^^ This.

How do I mess up quoting EVERY time....(rookie)