BUYING TREADMILL VS ELIPTICAL???

Options
124»

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My advice....don't buy either one.....join a gym. Really good home equipment is expensive, and then you're limited to just that machine, so if you hate it, you're out of luck. Buying cheap stuff is not worth it because the lower end machines are harder to use and leave you more likely to NOT use them. A gym membership gives you access to anything and everything you might want to do as you progress your fitness level....

But if you don't go or use your memebership, it's still a waste of money.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My advice....don't buy either one.....join a gym. Really good home equipment is expensive, and then you're limited to just that machine, so if you hate it, you're out of luck. Buying cheap stuff is not worth it because the lower end machines are harder to use and leave you more likely to NOT use them. A gym membership gives you access to anything and everything you might want to do as you progress your fitness level....

But if you don't go or use your memebership, it's still a waste of money.
    Find a place that offers month-to-month, or a short-term committment....at least if you give that up, you won't have an expensive "clothes hanger" taking up space in your home.....AND, you might find that you don't like the treadmill or elliptical, but love taking spin classes, or lifting weights....there's so much more variety and you get access to far better equipment than most people can afford to buy for their homes.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I say Treadmill!
    I used to LOVE the elliptical however I get lazy sometimes and go slower/less resistance which then wastes my time.
    When I run I try not to decrease the speed so I am forced to work hard consistently. Treadmill gives me more efficient workouts so for that reason alone I say TREADMILL :-)
  • Nai280
    Nai280 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    for my weight 261 30 min on treadmill 4.0 = 296 caloried burned 4.5 = 373 calories burned and 30 min on elliptical 534 calories burned. = )
  • elbjr12
    Options
    Elliptical works for me. Buy a good one,if you buy cheap,you will compare it to the nicer ones at the gym and be disappointed.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    So, here's the thing; your user name says getleanbuildmuscle and neither of those machines are going to do those things for you. Walk outside and buy yourself a set of weights and squat stand. Seriously. THAT is what is going to getleanbuildmuscle. Treadmill and elliptical are going to eatmusclekillyouwithboredom

If you absolutely must have a machine, get a rower.

Will ERG for food!

She is right. The rowing machine is awesome for burning calroies and stressing the lungs.

Always get outside if you can!