dating advice

Options
124»

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Manipulative and passive aggressive much?

Sure. Are we not allowed to express opinions on here when people ask for advice and opinions? I mean, without being attacked , that is. I'm new to the board - is it pretty much a teens and 20's drama fest in this section?
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I'm just saying that she should remind him that dating other people works both ways. Is that so terrible?

True story - I was seeing a guy for several months (we hadn't had "the talk" but I was 22 and was still assuming things at that point) and one day I went over to his house and saw a newspaper left out with several singles ads circled. I asked him about it, and he gave me the whole "I want to keep my options open" speech, and I said okay. About two weeks later he wanted to know what we were doing Saturday night and I said I had a date (which I did, and I honestly didn't think he would care at all) and he got very upset. "But...what about us??". I reminded him that we were keeping our options open and he said, and I quote, "But I didn't mean YOU!!".

This is the mentality that we're working with. If you want to be exclusive, you have to spell it out. If you don't care or would rather have a don't ask, don't tell policy, then keep quiet. But never assume.

"This is the mentality that we're working with...."

Dating thirty years people. And it's all the mens fault.

w3Nbr_zps1f0f7216.gif

^^^Love that IT Crowd
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Manipulative and passive aggressive much?

Sure. Are we not allowed to express opinions on here when people ask for advice and opinions? I mean, without being attacked , that is. I'm new to the board - is it pretty much a teens and 20's drama fest in this section?

That's rich coming from the woman whose opinion was to lie and manipulate someone and play games even the 20 year olds in this thread have grown out of.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Odds are if you are letting him put it in your body's orifices, it is probably pretty acceptable to ask if he's seeing other women.

Editied for sleep deprived spelling error.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

That's rich coming from the woman whose opinion was to lie and manipulate someone and play games even the 20 year olds in this thread have grown out of.

I guess that's my answer. Cheers!