taking superbowl sunday OFF. yes or no?

Options
i have made the dicision to take the day off. Not much of a foodie with the superbowl foods but I am a beer drinker. I haven't had any alcohol for over a month. I plan to workout that morning & drink lots of water. Also, I am doing Michelob Ultra (which I don't really like) & hoping that will help me pace myself. i love sweets so I am not making any desserts. If somebody brings something that's fine. I'm hoping they won't.
I was going to add the drinks to my daily calorie intake but I am not sure about it.
What are you going to do for the BIG DAY!!!

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Not taking it off, but I'll hold back a few calories from Saturday (my normal workout day) and use them on Sunday.
  • slb_71
    slb_71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the Select 55 beer. I want to learn to incorporate these types of events into my lifestyle without feeling so deprived. Hoping no one makes desert either but if they do I'll have a little bit. I'm going to eat a filling low cal meal before the superbowl to help keep the snacking down. But I will definitely have a few snacks. Enjoy the game!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Nope...but only because we aren't superbowl people so it's just another Sunday night. However, I'm having a family birthday party for my sons on Saturday night...and I'm planning to eat whatever I want then without tracking.

I don't see any problem taking a day or a meal off once in a while..
  • prettykitty1963
    prettykitty1963 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am taking a big veggie platter with me to the party....Plan on drinking lemon flavored water to wash down 4 spicy hot chicken wings.....so I guess I am taking half a day off.....:smile:
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My mantra is to never let a "diet" get in the way of life... have fun with your friends :)

I'll be eating the calorie-rich food, but also eating some veggies (bring something healthy to go with the unhealthy?). I'll avoid some of the worst offenders (chips? Honestly, I don't even find chips appealing anymore). I'll have a couple of beers, most likely, but I'll also be drinking water.

Just be sensible, and you'll be fine. You may see your weight jump up from the extra sodium (especially if wings are involved...) but that should go away after a few days. If you're really paranoid about the calories, you could eat slightly under for the couple days prior or after, but I wouldn't go overboard trying to "make up" for it. Or add in an extra workout or two into your week

Have fun! Enjoying the occasional splurge day makes it easier for me to stay in line the rest of the time :)
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking it off, but I do 50/25/25 f/p/c so it won't be too difficult to stay on. Wings, hot sauce, burgers without buns, tacos on low carb tortillas, veggies and dip, potato skins with cheese and bacon, a handful of fruit. All are ok. I might even have a light beer or three.
  • meangrl29
    meangrl29 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was also thinking about doing a low cal taco dish on corn tortilla. not gonna let anybody in on it. I wass thinking of a fish taco. If other people want to add a cream sauce on top & fatten it up they can.
    It's not that I don't like people to know I'm dieting I just don't like that they try to encourage cheating. I know they are being nice & they want me to have fun. I can have fun without eating fatty foods. and of course if I tell them the taco is low cal they will automatically turn their nose up at it.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No, because I have no idea what a superbowl is so I guess it isn't relevant to me :-P
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    If I make the wings myself I can control the sodium, veggie trays with a light dip, and I don't know about beer......I'm more of a wine girl even thought it's the SuperBowl. My Chiefs are no where near this game so I don't care that much.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to count my calories and eat and drink what looks good.....like every other day. :smile:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Not me! I know me, if I have one bad item, I'm going to have a whole bunch. I have to stay vigilante.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'll probably take it off. It's going to be a busy day. I have to work 8 hours that day, which means the day will be starting at dark-thirty and continuing through the game.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I won't be logging on Sunday for sure. I live in Baltimore. :drinker:
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm treating it the same as I did on Thanksgiving. I'll not go crazy by the amount of food I'll eat. I'm sure I'll go a little over my caloric allotment. I'll select more veggies as appetizers and skip the fried wings. I'll probably have a pizza slice (or two). I may have a little something for dessert. I'm not a beer drinker so that wont be an issue. I've learned a lot regarding portion size and how to control it.

I'll resume my regular nutrition plan on Monday.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'll eat healthy foods for breakfast and lunch, go on a nice long run, and then enjoy myself at the party I'm attending. I will not be too concerned if I exceed my calorie allotment for that day.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    If my boyfriend decides to do a thing like last year, I will be prepared. Work out enough that I can have a beer or two (or three...) then switch to a low calorie liquor mixed drink (or two, or six...). Making some half way healthy snacks for myself and whoever else wants some:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/02/skinny-baked-mozzarella-sticks.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/spicy-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/skinny-baked-jalapeno-poppers.html
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am not taking it off, per say. I may not be fully in my calories, but I have set a limit on how much I can eat. My husband and I are going to eat some pizza and split a pitcher of beer. After that, it's water and diet coke. I have to get up early to go to work the next day anyway.
  • carolynmckinney31
    Options
    Not taking it off!
    My dinner will be appetizer type foods at home with family. Veggies and fruits will be part of it, but likely deviled eggs and a brownie also. I will be sure to earn the extra calories by working out a little longer. Will likely watch part of the game while either walking on treadmill or riding stationary bike. So, I will splurge a little but not much.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Doing a workout in the morning - gotta earn it!
    Camp out near the veggie tray and fruit platter.
    Budgeting for 2 pcs of pizza and 3 beers.

:drinker:
  • trishmce
    Options
    Going to workout in the morning for a cushion but I have 2 birthdays that week so I don't want to start a slide. having a gluten intolerance makes it easier as well, lots of veggies and fruits, most dips unless I make them myself are out of the question and wings are if they have soy sauce. Guess it is a glass half full thing got me through the holidays with a loss, had a cheesecake I made but couldn't have the breads pastas and cookies everyone else made !