taking superbowl sunday OFF. yes or no?

Options

Replies

• danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing a veggie tray to the party and will work out hard that morning and also bank some calories until then. I weigh in on Monday so I don't want to go overboard :)
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I will be eating healthy...if i take off every special event, ill never lose this weight..
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH! GETTING LOADED!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I'm not a football fan and would rather not be a part of my family's superbowl festivities.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm running 8 miles that morning just so I don't have to worry about there being no healthy options at the party I'm going to. And I can envision no circumstance where I would voluntarily drink light beer.
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my free/no tracking day anyway so I will be having it again! :drinker:
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    the thing is with the game going on, it probably wont' matter if you eat a lot or not. no one would notice or care what you do. for me i dont' really drink so that isn't a concern either. really i just have to concentrate on drinking my water and watching the game.
  • vieve1213
    Options
    A very big YES!

To me Super Bowl Sunday is a religious holiday. I've had the day booked off from work for months, and I'm hosting a big party. I'll be putting out more veggies, and "healthier" option than I normally would, but I fully expect to eat my weight in cheese and wings, and pulled pork sliders, and all of that yummy stuff.

In a futile attempt to lessen the damage, I'll be working out extra hard the days before and after, and making sure to eat a very healthy breakfast the day of, but let's be honest, I'll still be eating a couple extra thousand calories that day. Meh, it's only once a year.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    NINERS!!!!! I'm drinking water - bringing some low sodium and lower fat dishes (veggies, dip and some protein something....) I'm going to enjoy the company, the game and the commercials! I good workout in the morning and loads of water and super clean eating on Monday.... I'm sorta looking forward for the compliments from the folks I haven't seen in some time (how vain is that?) *blushes* but also I think that will help with making more mindful food choices. By all means enjoy yourself and whatever the outcome of the day - don't beat yourself up about anything
  • cheeermom
    Options
    I will take the evening off. I will do my best to eat as few caloires as possible for breakfast. Good luck everyone:smile:
  • cathrynfay
    Options
    I'm going to reserve a few hundred calories, but I'm also going to make sure the dishes I bring are things I can eat without worry, and I'll figure out how many of each item I can have beforehand.
  • abrewer563
    Options
    I won't be logging on Sunday for sure. I live in Baltimore. :drinker:

Yay go Ravens!!!!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'll all for taking "off" days for holidays and special events....within reason of course.

However, I don't know anything about football, so the superbowl will not be one of those for me. I hope everyones favourite sporting team makes a lot of slamdunks! Enjoy.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Not going to log, but I will try to not go nuts
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on consuming about 150% of my usual calories.

I'm planning to limit myself to 3 beers, and about a half rack of ribs. That should be enough of an indulge.

Going to stay away from anything fried, any chips, etc.

However, may bring a plate of celery and carrots and spicy yogourt dip (low cal). That was a great suggestion someone had.
  • trishmce
    Options
    Someone told me this years ago:

take off New Year's it's a special occasion then it rolls into the january long weekend, into Superbowl, into Valentine's day, Mardi Gras!, St Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day cookout, Father's Day, Graduation, Fourth of July, Vacation, Labor Day Cookout, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas oh yeah New Year's......

See, it just keeps coming, we need to live with them not take them off if we can help it
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

take off New Year's it's a special occasion then it rolls into the january long weekend, into Superbowl, into Valentine's day, Mardi Gras!, St Patrick's Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Memorial Day cookout, Father's Day, Graduation, Fourth of July, Vacation, Labor Day Cookout, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas oh yeah New Year's......

See, it just keeps coming, we need to live with them not take them off if we can help it

Yes, but most people who have never been overweight tend to overindulge on these days and then continue to eat normally afterwards. I want to be a normal person, so this is what I do.

Also, you forgot Groundhog day. I always eat an entire groundhog and I never feel guilty afterwards!
  • trishmce
    Options

Yes, but most people who have never been overweight tend to overindulge on these days and then continue to eat normally afterwards. I want to be a normal person, so this is what I do.

Also, you forgot Groundhog day. I always eat an entire groundhog and I never feel guilty afterwards!

Hilarious!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    in past years, we had a big party, so it would've been difficult. This year, it will just be me and my husband at home, but I'm still making a bunch of food for us. Since I am in control of all of the food, I am making a mixture of "good" and "bad" stuff. So we can splurge a little bit, but not completely.
    I'm making:
    Low fat Taco Dip with multigrain tostitos
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Buffalo Chicken bites (low fat)
    We will probably have some cheese, but I'll get healthier crackers to go with it
    And for dinner, I am making homemade pizza - I'll use lowfat cheese, but I want to use REAL dough - haven't had real home made pizza in over a year - we deserve it! I probably won't drink at all, I'm not a big drinker - and since it will just be us, I won't care.
    Then back on the wagon come Monday morning!

Also, I try to look at it if I weren't on a diet - or someone who isn't over weight - I don't want to constantly feel like I can only eat veggies and Healthy stuff - there is no reason we can't have some other stuff in moderation - but you need self control in order to stop at the right time, and get back on your diet the following day.