Struggling to name my hamster

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hamsters are great!

My daughter had one called Edgar. And when my kids were younger we had a girl hampster called Billie.
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ullr Thor's Godson and god of the North wind (and Winter)
    A good name if I'm right in the fact your hamster is a Winter white, rather than a Dwarf Russian white

He's a fluffier than usual Syrian hamster
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I bought my first hamster with my partner when I was 20, we wanted a dog but our living situation made a hamster much more realistic. We called our first hamster Stewie.

We moved into a new house and got a puppy who we called Dexter but Stewie was no less loved (although less money was spent on him)

Stewie died a number of months ago and we got a new hamster and called him Sheldon. It's nice to have fur-friends, regardless of whether people think us in their 20's having such pets is stupid!

I call my pets after favourite TV shows - as you can see :-)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Ullr Thor's Godson and god of the North wind (and Winter)

I like this suggestion. I think ridiculously long and grandiose names are cute for very small animals lol

or alternatively Hammy
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    My favourite name for any type of pet is "Gary". I don't know why, it's just great.

When I get my new dog I'm naming him Lando though.
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    My childhood hamsters name was Mushmouse...Try that one on!!
  • MrsT99
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<My daughter called her's Major Fluffy, Destroyer of Toilet Rolls! He get's called Fluff Puff, Hammy Ham Ham, Little Fluffy. No wonder he's totally insane! Constantly trying to escape and has no sense at all!

Last night he was climbing upside down on the bars at the top of the cage until he was over his wheel, he then let go so he was lying on his back ON TOP of his wheel. Then the wheel start turning and he either falls off head first or tail first! Then he goes and does it again!! Totally nuts!

The other thing he does is climb up the side of the cage til he's next to his wheel then stretches across to his wheel so he's hanging by his front paws from the top of the wheel Eventually it will start turning and he'll fall off!

We think he's some sort of secret hamster agent!

Edit to add.....I think your hamster looks like a Sheldon!

He's so cute! How funny!

In sharing random hamster stories our last hamster only once escaped in the night. I was woken up by my husband saying, "Ninja's out" so I got out of bed thinking he had heard the hamster moving around the flat then I realised he already had the hamster in his hands. It turned out Ninja had broken out of his cage and come into the bedroom, where we were asleep. There was a cushion from the bed on the floor next to the bed and he climbed onto the cushion, and onto the duvet that was hanging from the bed - he was running up and down James's legs in the night! It's a good job he realised who it was as his instinct was that it was a rat or something!

Sheldon isn't bad.
  • MrsT99
    Options
    I know this sounds weird but... Teddy? I just feel like he's a Teddy!

Maybe Richard would be a different name :P or Ronald. Or Roger! Just thoughts! I know these are oddballs! haha

I said Teddy my husband didn't go for it
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My daughter's hamster was called "Killer" - the most vicious creature I've ever known.

On the upside - I did get to master the "hamster flick" after about the fifth time it sunk its fangs in me.....
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    He looks like a Newton.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

In sharing random hamster stories our last hamster only once escaped in the night. I was woken up by my husband saying, "Ninja's out" so I got out of bed thinking he had heard the hamster moving around the flat then I realised he already had the hamster in his hands. It turned out Ninja had broken out of his cage and come into the bedroom, where we were asleep. There was a cushion from the bed on the floor next to the bed and he climbed onto the cushion, and onto the duvet that was hanging from the bed - he was running up and down James's legs in the night! It's a good job he realised who it was as his instinct was that it was a rat or something!

Sheldon isn't bad.

Oh my goodness I'd be freaking out if that happened!

In ref to the other post, my best friend Emma is 33, her husband is 40. They have 2 miniature Wabbits two cats and 2 Roborovski hamsters. My aunt and uncle are 72 and have (as long as I can remember) had 2 guinea pigs!
  • Snoozypaws3000
    Snoozypaws3000 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    He looks soooo cute :heart:
    My last hamster was called Mad Riley....or as we liked to call him Smiley Riley Pie Face....don't ask!

Oh OK then...

He was out running about on the back of the settee while i was eating a slice of dessert and he suddenly
    launched himself off the back. over my shoulder and landed face down right in the middle of my blackcurrant cheesecake.
    Talk about a messy belly flop....frightened the life out of me...and probably him too!

He was fine although definitely looked a bit shocked...have no idea what he was doing...mad thing
    Hence the rename from Mad Riley to Smiley Riley Pie Face

I was going to pop him under the tap to rinse him off but he seemed to be having quite a lot of fun cleaning it off of himself

Mind you when I did put him back in his cage he looked like he'd been tarred and feathered as all the woodchips started to stick to him :happy:

I also like Bailey, Dexter and Winston

Sky x
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Kibbles
  • MrsT99
    Options
    My daughter's hamster was called "Killer" - the most vicious creature I've ever known.

Up the upside - I did get to master the "hamster flick" after about the fifth time it sunk its fangs in me.....

My best friend's teeny russian hamster when I was little would be absolutely lovely, lull you into a false sense of security, then take a chunk out of your finger when you least expected it. I've never trusted russian hamsters since...
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Richard Gere
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Retsmah see was easy:smokin:
  • MrsT99
    Options
    He looks soooo cute :heart:
    My last hamster was called Mad Riley....or as we liked to call him Smiley Riley Pie Face....don't ask!

Oh OK then...

He was out running about on the back of the settee while i was eating a slice of dessert and he suddenly
    launched himself off the back. over my shoulder and landed face down right in the middle of my blackcurrant cheesecake.
    Talk about a messy belly flop....frightened the life out of me...and probably him too!

He was fine although definitely looked a bit shocked...have no idea what he was doing...mad thing
    Hence the rename from Mad Riley to Smiley Riley Pie Face

I was going to pop him under the tap to rinse him off but he seemed to be having quite a lot of fun cleaning it off of himself

Mind you when I did put him back in his cage he looked like he'd been tarred and feathered as all the woodchips started to stick to him :happy:

I also like Bailey, Dexter and Winston

Sky x

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that's great story!
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    Bloodsport
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cheeks
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member