Struggling to name my hamster

Options

Replies

• MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I used to have a gerbil named -->> BeeBop

was one of the bad guys in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (BeeBop and Rock Steady)

I still like both these names

I remember them!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I've looked into it but you need to have them from kittens to keep them inside as its unfair if they have been used to outside. We thought it would be very unsettling for them if we are still going to be moving within a year. And we would have to make a LOT of changes to our flat to be safe and suitable for unsupervised kittens! Having cats was one of the things I was really looking forward to about moving I've been around them my whole life...

If you go to a local shelter, they will undoubtedly have fully-grown, indoor-only kitties. Just saying.

As for a hamster name, I definitely like Rhino. You should watch Bolt and then name him Rhino. :happy:
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the fact that you are in your late twenties and have a pet hamster. Sorry, just seems odd to me, but each to his/her own I suppose.

I former love and I had pet guinea pigs well into our 40's (or he did, since when we split he took the last one and added 2 more) Plus cats, mice, hedgehogs and fish.

I think "Big Boy" is a good name.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Scoots.
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I would name him Phil! Only because his burrowing habits remind me of a ground hog, which makes me think Puxsutawney Phil lol

Or Sparta. He's pretty massive and fluffy for a hamster =D
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Definitely watch Bolt... Rhino is the best!!!

Chubs
    Arnold
    Bowser
    Gluteus
    Hulk

Had a cat named Stupid whwn I was growing up (not sure why we named him that). WRONG choice for an outdoor cat that we called in at night!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I've looked into it but you need to have them from kittens to keep them inside as its unfair if they have been used to outside. We thought it would be very unsettling for them if we are still going to be moving within a year. And we would have to make a LOT of changes to our flat to be safe and suitable for unsupervised kittens! Having cats was one of the things I was really looking forward to about moving I've been around them my whole life...

This is not true. Many outside cats adjust very well to being inside cats...I've friends who took a stray and put him on their boat when they moved into it...the cat adjusted very nicely from being a 'roaming outside' cat to livin' on the boat.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    He looks likea Herman to me! :happy:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Names we used on 'rodent' pets:
    Nugget
    Hershey
    Lola

I think we also used Teddy but I can't remember for sure.

We did have a powder white dog similar in color to your hammie and he was called snow and his friend (in black) was called zipper, also had dogs named: Spike, Hudson/Dakota, Brutus, Link, Jasmin and Maggie. Had cats named: Baby, Hercules, Fluffy, Dean and Dua.

It's whatever name that makes you go "that's totally him/her!" that is the right one. Good luck finding a name!
  • silencethelamb
    silencethelamb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like Gus, reminds me of the cute mouse from Cinderella :0)
  • kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I let my boyfriend name mine and ended up with Hans Gruber...

Pretty much any name becomes cute when you give it to a hamster....Haha
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    He looks like a Montgomery.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Scoots.

That is adorable!

I think he looks like a Gus.
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

This is not true. Many outside cats adjust very well to being inside cats...I've friends who took a stray and put him on their boat when they moved into it...the cat adjusted very nicely from being a 'roaming outside' cat to livin' on the boat.

We went to the RSPCA they did not have any grown indoor cats and they were the ones who told us they would not send cats who were used to being outside to live inside only.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    "Cream Puff"
    or
    "Tiny"

Both ironic because he's a boy and he's big
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options

Agreed. Most of my cats have been strays that I rescued from outside. They were not allowed outside anymore and were/are happy as can be.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My past hamsters were named Chewy and Porkchop!
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, the pics only show one level of a great big cage. The wheel one I took off the top levels to be able to encourage him to use the wheel.

:) Yay
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Gizmo

I just saw the name of the thread and was going to suggest this!
  • keshiabug1
    Options
    Looks like an Augustus to me! ;)