MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you're a fan of How I Met Your Mother:

WaitForIt

haha I am
  • thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've looked into it but you need to have them from kittens to keep them inside as its unfair if they have been used to outside. We thought it would be very unsettling for them if we are still going to be moving within a year. And we would have to make a LOT of changes to our flat to be safe and suitable for unsupervised kittens! Having cats was one of the things I was really looking forward to about moving I've been around them my whole life...

This is not true. Many outside cats adjust very well to being inside cats...I've friends who took a stray and put him on their boat when they moved into it...the cat adjusted very nicely from being a 'roaming outside' cat to livin' on the boat.

We went to the RSPCA they did not have any grown indoor cats and they were the ones who told us they would not send cats who were used to being outside to live inside only.

The outdoor cat will hold a grudge against you and won't be cuddly or friendly towards you if you keep them inside. I had 2 foster kittens that were 4 weeks old (Tiggy and Ziggy) and I decided to adopt them. I moved back to my parent's house a year later after college and she "felt bad" that the kittens weren't able to go outside and get fresh air (she has 2 cats and both are outdoor), so she made kitty leashes and let them roam around the yard. Before this, they would be curious about the outside world but wouldn't run for the door. After she started putting them on a leash it got to the point where they would ninja their way out the door and bolt. Eventually, they just became outdoor cats. About a year ago, Ziggy went missing and we haven't seen him since. We live by a green belt, so we have lots of coyotes. So my mom tried to keep Tiggy inside as much as possible after that, but he would seriously turn into an *kitten* cat if we didn't let him out so that wasn't an option. There were a few days where the temperature was way below freezing so we did everything we could to keep him inside, but eventually he got out and ran away. Been missing for a few weeks now :( But long story short, MrsT99 is right, outdoor cats really aren't okay with being held hostage inside.
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Tatertot....tater for short ;)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Dang...someone already said Tater! Todd would be cute
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Peep
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My kids have a hamster named T-Rex. :huh:
    Years ago, I had a hamster that looked like yours and her name was Smidgen. :happy:
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sawdust
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Snuggles :)

He is SO cute!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    gizmo for sure
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Loki, norse god of mischief.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    He is so cute :-) We have had hampsters in the past, also rats. One was called Zephyr, Zeph for short

We currently have a dwarf lop-ear rabbit, called "Sir Douglas Fighting Trousers S
    (our family name). Called Douglas for short after our kid's beloved Grandmother - yes her middle clan name was Douglas!

I like the name Gandalf suggested early on in the piece. Or something like
    George
    Douglas
    Brian
    Fred

(I like manly names - he is so CUTE and cuddly, it would be funny to give him a "blokey" name! :laugh:

I did read somewhere that (dogs anyway) should have a name that ends in a "hard" sound as it is easier for them to learn?

Just read thru all the replies - love Montgomery and Kevin!

Please post what you end up naming him! He's sooo cute :smile:
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's the same colour as the dog from the movie Poltergiest....Eboz!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    mrwaffles
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Herman
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I like "Yeti" or "'Squatch"
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Bobo!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    BORIS !!!
  • Haddix157
    Options
    Sir Edward Huntington :)
    orrr.

Prince Persival Persimmons :D lol I actually want to name my hamster that name lol
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Polpetta. Italian for "meatball".