Why Do People Stare?

Options

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I used to hate when people stared at me, however I am used to it. Piercings, tattoos and purple hair don't really make you blend in :P haha...however I hate when people stare and make a nasty or disgusted face at me...I get my look might not be for everyone but geeze, how rude.

Yea, I got used to this. I have bright red hair and tattoos, sometimes I have to remember that it's not what everyone is used to seeing, so sometime they'll look for a bit and try to figure me out :)

I have quite a few tats...most visible in normal clothing, and still no-one stares. *sobs*

Mine are mostly covered unless I go with low-back tank-tops or backless shirts, or a bathing suit, etc. Maybe it's my hair that gets the looks mostly then :laugh:
  • trishmce
    Options
    ]
    I have the tendency to stare at absolutely nothing. If you happen to be in my field of vision it might look like I am staring at you but believe me I am not.

I have that same issue, I am not focusing on anything but people think I am looking at them
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    It's because you're beautiful.

People NEVER stare at me. EVER. Because I'm not beautiful.

It's really that simple.

Are you being for real? Cause I think you're beautiful.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    But if you're looking at them (which is clearly how you noticed that they stare at you) maybe THEY actually think you are staring at them?!?!

Sometimes if I notice someone looking at me, I wonder, "oh crap maybe now they think I was checking them out!! :tongue:
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options
    It's because you're beautiful.

People NEVER stare at me. EVER. Because I'm not beautiful.

It's really that simple.

Are you being for real? Cause I think you're beautiful.

I agree, she's very pretty. I nearly posted the same response earlier!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Happens all the time to me. I just chalk it up to them being awestruck.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I have the tendency to stare at absolutely nothing. If you happen to be in my field of vision it might look like I am staring at you but believe me I am not.

Lol I do this same thing! Promise I'm not staring, I'm in what my mom and I like to call "La-La Land".
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options

You look like a Wrestler. They're staring in fear and checking the Exits :wink:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

I am one of the most non-cobntrontational persons you would ever meet.
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options

I am one of the most non-cobntrontational persons you would ever meet.

Strangers probably don't know that though. You look imposing, that's all most people would see at first :) I mean that in a positive and joking way, nothing bad ;)
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Because I can
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

I swear I get asked this^ a couple times a week. Not kidding really. I just smile and say why do you need some tickets to Smack Down?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I make faces at people if they stare too long :tongue: ...like to see that unexpected response or for them to act like they were doing someting else beside being all in your face.

I'd take it as a compliment, yea it sucks but they must be envious of something.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m78f21lsW71rbstdoo1_400.jpg

Works most of the time...

just spit out my orange. lmao.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I get the starers, too. It used to annoy me, but I decided to just stop noticing, and I guess it worked.

I was out with my sister the other day, and she said, "Jeez, does everyone always stare at you?" And I honestly hadn't even noticed, so I guess putting it out of your mind might make it easier.*shrugs* just do your thing and don't worry about what they're doing.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I had a guy nearly run me over this morning b/c he was so busy staring at me while I was running LOL It's fantastic at the gym, but most times if I acknowledge that they are looking at me by making eye contact they will say something or try and start a conversation. I worked hard for my new body, and I actually like it when I catch people looking at me, and yeah it's totally vain and I don't care :)
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    "Yoooooo what are you staring at?!"
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have good dress sense, maybe you're wearing something horrific, maybe you have toilet roll stuck to your shoe, maybe you have a weird walk.... People look at people, pretty people, strange people, people who are not pretty.... Don't think too much about it.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Making mental images for future fwaping takes a while
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    People are just way too serious about stuff. I mean OK if your eyeballing me and have a look like you want to fight then I might ask "What's the problem?" but it all depends on the situation. I am sure I am guilty of staring, especially at a well dressed pretty lady (sun glasses help) , and of course if they look back I would look away, but that is nothing more than a compliment and enjoying God's creation and how well this person has taken care of that. Maybe we are talking about locking eyes here and no one looking away? Otherwise I think it is just human nature.