Jump rope burns more calories than any other exercise

Options
12346»

Replies

• B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    I've just had a thought about what burns more fat than skipping ropes... Kettlebell Skipping Rope HIIT Complexes! *trots off to make a best-selling DVD* Watch out for KSRHIITC90X!

LOL :laugh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

How many turns per minute are you doing these days?
    I think somewhere around 100, maybe 110- does that sound right?

Sounds pretty good for the short amount of time you've been jumping. You should be able to get that up to 140-150 range pretty quickly.
  • B_Running
    Options
    Did some fake jump rope yesterday (BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD)... calves hate me today.

You should warn people.
  • TimBush11
    TimBush11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    seems like a fun way to exercise?!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Did some fake jump rope yesterday (BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD)... calves hate me today.

You should warn people.

I posted a warning about this exactly! Had me walking like a cripple after my first go!
  • B_Running
    Options

You should warn people.

I posted a warning about this exactly! Had me walking like a cripple after my first go!

48hrs later, still a cripple, lol. Might try to do it again, despite the pain : )
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    OMG I wanna try! I'm a sucker for anything that will make me a cripple LMAO
  • nessa1879
    Options
    I love my jump rope, I put some good music and exercise and sing at the same time. ( well I sing in my head)
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Used to do this for kick boxing warmup and cool down......but haven't done it in about a year. I think I will start again today because I used to love it!!!