Foods that are fulfilling that have very few calories

Options
124»

Replies

• Annie_ga
    Options
    I've recently rediscovered Cream of Wheat with a pinch of brown sugar. So filling and 135 calories when made with water + tsp sugar.
  • Garvin68
    Options
    I have been having that same problem, I tried greek non fat yogurt works best for me. It is high protein and seems to last the longest for me.
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I like to make a smoothie with almond milk, frozen fruit, kale, and a protein powder. Tastes like dessert!
  • writer_chick
    writer_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1 6oz 0% raspberry flavor chobani greek yogurt
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 packet truvia

Mix

So yummy

This sounds soooo good! I'm definitely going to try. :)

I like fish (my favorite is Tilapia) with sauteed onions and bell peppers. Load on the veggies, and you can stay full for a long, long time. I made an 8-oz. fillet with sauteed veggies in olive oil tonight and the meal was only 200 calories. I also like peanut butter smoothies and those Weight Watchers 100 calorie fudgsicles. :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Pickles!
  • nemelkb
    Options
    Watch the raisins. They add up quickly to high calorie, high carb, high sugar......high high high

Confetti Slaw/Rainbow Slaw

Red Cabage (One head)
    Green Cabage (One head)
    2 Apples
    Carrots (3-4 large)
    Raisins
    Yogurt (1 pint)

Shred the first four ingrediants. Mix together. Add raisins and yogurt and mix again. Yummy and very low calorie!
  • Dagreth
    Dagreth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Several have noted that nuts are high calorie, high fat. Many know that it is the good fat almonds offer, but did you know new studies have come out that suggest that nuts are not as high in calories as they are labeled. There are several articles out there, I know, more to confuse the dieter, but it is interesting and makes you feel a little better about the healthy snack. http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2012/08/27/the-hidden-truths-about-calories/
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm seconding the rec for yoplait greek (either the peach or strawberry flavors, YUM). I'll get halfway through a container and remember its not actually dessert.

I'm also a fan of mixing PB2 into greek yogurt (either vanilla or honey) for a nice PB dessert
  • Sammah
    Options
    Pickles! I love pickles so much and you can usually find them for between 0 - 5 calories. If I'm feeling really hungry I'll have a pickle or two to satisfy my hunger and if I'm still feeling super hungry, I'll have a glass of water or maybe even some diet pop to get a taste of sweetness. :)
  • GinJon
    GinJon Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cmcarmona
    Options
    This sounds great. I'm gonna give it a try.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I didn't like pickles until I found out the we're 0 calories. Mind you it only says zero and it's more likely about 3 but close enough either way and the sour kills your taste buds for anything else :)