Strap Ons and Sweating?

Replies

• IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    I start sweating when I or anyone around me involves a strap-on.......
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Ok....one.....in this section...yeah the Topic title is misleading lol I came in here for the same reason all the others did..lol

But on a serious note....my gym has this new Crossfit(ish) section where they moved all the TRX straps to and the it's located right in the middle of the weight floor ...so serious lifters are using them and around them also. No one looks at eachother funny at my gym....*shrugs*
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    in all seriousness..... I want to know. Why do I get looked at like I am a "stupid girl" that thinks I am working out hard.
    TRX straps are suspension straps
    Perhaps you should ask the fitness forums? They might take this more seriously.
    And honestly, whatever gets you sweating and your heart rate up sounds like a decent work out to me.
  • _Witsy_
    in all seriousness..... I want to know. Why do I get looked at like I am a "stupid girl" that thinks I am working out hard.

Perhaps people are watching cuz they're trying to figure out what you're doing..aka....they're still new to many people and they're spying so they don't look stupid when they try? lol Don't assume you know what others are thinking. Do your thing!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    seriously_zps075de25d.gif
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    So not what I thought it was going to be :grumble:
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    If my wife suggested a strap-on - I'd sweat, too!
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Perhaps you should ask the fitness forums? They might take this more seriously.
    And honestly, whatever gets you sweating and your heart rate up sounds like a decent work out to me.

maybe I should but this way is more fun.... to comment is an admission of curiosity of the title.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Oh...nevermind...
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    That strap on might have something to do with the funny looks....
  • Oh my! And it's not even Friday! Good luck on getting your answer, as for me, I haven't a clue!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    So lets face it...anyone who has checked this out has sex on their mind 24/7, kinky, is either very curious, bi or lesbian or a typical fantasizing male!

THAT IS WHY I LOVE THIS GROUP!!!!

Amazing how many people were REEEALLY hoping it was everything the title said. :D

There are so many other forums for that though.
  • stephanieb72

Perhaps people are watching cuz they're trying to figure out what you're doing..aka....they're still new to many people and they're spying so they don't look stupid when they try? lol Don't assume you know what others are thinking. Do your thing!

Nope these guys aren't new there. They are there all the time and seem to almost be laughing as they grunt and flex in the mirror.
    Don't get me wrong... I admire their dedication and progress to their hard work. More power to them.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Dammit! That was misleading.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Tricksy hobbitses.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    tumblr_ln0pttbnOM1qfuq84.gif
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    So, serious answer, TRX is a crazy hard workout. A lot of the "elite" type soldiers used them in Iraq. I tried them in the gym once and found that it was a lot more difficult than it looked. I really like them, but can't see paying the money for what is essentially, webbing.

That being said, I also feel misled by the title. And yes, I have a dirty mind.
  • _Witsy_

Nope these guys aren't new there. They are there all the time and seem to almost be laughing as they grunt and flex in the mirror.
    Don't get me wrong... I admire their dedication and progress to their hard work. More power to them.

.....but do they also use them? That doesn't mean they know squat about them.

I('m sure there are plenty of people watching you.....oh well. Again, do your thing. We all watch others do things for whatever reason or another in life. Makes things amusing :)
  • stephanieb72
    I typed letters to make words.... you put your own meaning behind them... don't blame me for what you WANTED it to mean. Just comment so we know who you are...
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    TRX is one serious exercise. It's no joke! I'm sure those people lifting weights wouldn't be able to do TRX. If they look at you funny it's because they don't understand it. You have to be in serious good shape to manipulate your movements on the straps and you're targeting muscles that are not easily accessible through lifting weights.

If I could afford to take the class I would totally be doing it too.