Strap Ons and Sweating?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I typed letters to make words.... you put your own meaning behind them... don't blame me for what you WANTED it to mean. Just comment so we know who you are...

Ironically, you've pretty much answered your own original question here. You put the "stupid girl" meaning behind the looks you're getting, not the guys looking. They're probably thinking something along the lines of "45 more seconds to the next set. Someone is using trx, that thing is interesting."
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    too bad I can't see the pictures.... just a box with a red x for me :(
  • My mind is in the gutter again..........

oops-my-bad.jpg
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    haha omg i thought this was gna definatly be about something else!! lol so funny almost fell off my chair!!!
  • stephanieb72
    I typed letters to make words.... you put your own meaning behind them... don't blame me for what you WANTED it to mean. Just comment so we know who you are...

Ironically, you've pretty much answered your own original question here. You put the "stupid girl" meaning behind the looks you're getting, not the guys looking. They're probably thinking something along the lines of "45 more seconds to the next set. Someone is using trx, that thing is interesting."

Yes, maybe I am giving meaning to the looks they are giving me. That was why I asked the question. I wanted other peoples opinion on this. I also said I didn't really care other than curiosity. It isn't going to stop me from using the TRX straps.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Disappointing.
  • my mind is out of the gutter and down to the sewer...must be a guy thing...
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,549 Member
    I'll try and answer seriously for you. My son swims on a competitive club swim team and they will go use TRX for some cross training/ dry land work. These kids are super, super fit and they will tell you it is HARD. So kudo's to you for doing it and let those folks stare all they want.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    :sad: not what I was expecting...scuffing feet as a go back to work
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    My weight lifting partner has been lifting for the better part of a decade... we recently found TRX and he's obsessed with it because it's a better overall workout (he got DOMS for the first time in 10 years from TRX).

It won't turn you into a power lifter, but it is a really nice body weight + workout... and if you do it right, it's DEFINITELY not easy.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    images_zps7ff2ac68.jpg

Yes.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    I do a TRX class twice a week and it is a hard workout and I constantly find myself doing a steeper vector as I get stronger. I also have a guy friend who is always teasing me for doing it and saying it wasn't a real workout.... Let's just say he tried the class and never sassed me again. Lol.

People knock it who haven't tried it but I'm having a blast doing it, so it is their loss. Oh well. I saw start dressing up in ugly bright 80s gear and singing off key loudly and see how they look at you then. If they are going to judge or watch you.... Might as well put on a show and have some fun :)
  • stephanieb72
    I do a TRX class twice a week and it is a hard workout and I constantly find myself doing a steeper vector as I get stronger. I also have a guy friend who is always teasing me for doing it and saying it wasn't a real workout.... Let's just say he tried the class and never sassed me again. Lol.

People knock it who haven't tried it but I'm having a blast doing it, so it is their loss. Oh well. I saw start dressing up in ugly bright 80s gear and singing off key loudly and see how they look at you then. If they are going to judge or watch you.... Might as well put on a show and have some fun :)

thank you for this answer!
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    seriously_zps075de25d.gif

This is srsly the cutest thing I'm gonna see on the interwebz today.

I've wanted to try the TRX straps, of course I find unconventional workouts to be the best kinds of workouts... IMO
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    I got into the best shape of my life using suspension training (Wasn't using TRX brand straps but the Lifeline USA Jungle Gym XT which is similar) as my primary means of resistance training. It did more for me than weights did and was more fun to use. It is as much of a workout as you want it to be. And yes it CAN be just as intense as those guys say.
  • Started to settle down on this one (So to speak!) but disappointment.

I Love MFP!
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 583 Member
    ooops....wrong door...............
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    :sad: not what I was expecting...scuffing feet as a go back to work

Me neither! I thought I was finally gonna get a good formula for calculating calories burned via sex...:)
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Um.. wat?