Strap Ons and Sweating?

Replies

• teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I thought this thread was about something else...
    I didn't think that, but my mind sure went there when I saw "Strap Ons" :laugh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    in all seriousness..... I want to know. Why do I get looked at like I am a "stupid girl" that thinks I am working out hard.
    TRX straps are suspension straps

In Chalean Extreme one of the girls uses straps instead of weights....ok I've not answered your question.
  • ejoy319
    ejoy319 Posts: 104

Is a TRX work out considered "easy" and not as effective as lifting weights? I would like to know....

It may LOOK easy to someone who hasn't tried it but I just did a 30 minute class for the first time on tues and my whole body is still feeling it, muscles I didn't even know existed hurt. So my opinion is if you do it right it is just as effective maybe more for certain areas!!
  • ...knuckles up and backs into corner...sweating profusely

:laugh:

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    I typed letters to make words.... you put your own meaning behind them... don't blame me for what you WANTED it to mean. Just comment so we know who you are...

Ironically, you've pretty much answered your own original question here. You put the "stupid girl" meaning behind the looks you're getting, not the guys looking. They're probably thinking something along the lines of "45 more seconds to the next set. Someone is using trx, that thing is interesting."

Wow. Very enlightening.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    ooops....wrong door...............
    :laugh:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    in all seriousness..... I want to know. Why do I get looked at like I am a "stupid girl" that thinks I am working out hard.
    TRX straps are suspension straps

In Chalean Extreme one of the girls uses straps instead of weights....ok I've not answered your question.

No, those are resistance bands. Those straps she's referring to are suspension trainers. Google TRX to see what I mean.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    I lift(and fairly heavy for a girl) and have done TRX... TRX is hard!!! It works me in a completely different way!! Don't know how anyone could say it is easy..

I will admit I thought this thread was about something else... I've been on this site too long....:laugh: :laugh:
  • Really? Wowzers! J/K :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    I was wooed out of the weight room one day by a cute trainer offering a free session and gave TRX a try...it kicked my butt and I loved it!!! I'm trying to convince him to let me use it for free on a regular basis but I'm not having any luck...lmao :)
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    :grumble:
    :sad: not what I was expecting...scuffing feet as a go back to work

Me neither! I thought I was finally gonna get a good formula for calculating calories burned via sex...:)

Me too!! I guess I'll keep logging sex as Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog. :grumble:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    I'll....ummmm.....just get my ummmm....coat
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Disappointed yet again.

Seriously
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    If you are not sweating while wearing a strap on, you are doing it wrong
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Highly disappointed with this misleading thread.... :laugh:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    disappointed_turtle-155.jpg
  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlz2VvamzoymfsN-p0rnwRK8l4T5lyilv-V0yAax-R5qJq6OdL

^^ this ^^
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    :sad: not what I was expecting...scuffing feet as a go back to work

Same. Ah well, maybe next time.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    It is probably curiousity.

Several years ago I belonged to a gym that had the TRX setup. While I was lifting weights I would watch the class completely fascinated with what they were doing. I had never seen it before so I was watching them. I never did take the class because I hated that gym and quit it quickly.

Oh, and in because I want this on my feed. :laugh:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I know this is a year old zombie thread, but I really just want it on my feed.