How much do you spend on groceries?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    For myself, hubby and our 2 kids (age 3 and 1) we spend around £60 for a big shop and then have to get more milk/bread/eggs throughout the week. We don't eat out much, just have a coffee out now and again. I work part time so sometimes end up buying lunch out for myself and the kids, but they just share a sandwich or something. I make lunch to take to work so that doesn't cost any extra.

Food shopping in England is so expensive!
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sprytez31
    sprytez31 Posts: 11
    Options
    (UK)

my hubby and i, plus baby, plus two hungry kittens: £80/week including non-food essentials (TP, diapers, cleaning supplies etc). i go out a couple times a month, Starbucks bill for that is around £10. hubby has lunch out twice, three times a month, £12ish for that (he grabs sushi and a drink from Tesco).

the bill was over £100/week until i started cooking EVERYTHING from scratch. the majority of the shop is now fruits and veg, in terms of cost.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    450-650 a month, 1 person, just me.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm just one person (grad student) living in southern California, and I spend anywhere between $40-60 every 2 weeks for staples (fruits, veggies, eggs, milk, cheese).

About once a month I buy meat in bulk from Costco, ~$50. When I first moved out here in July of 2011, my mom brought a lot of things in bulk for me that won't spoil, mainly rice, dried beans, pasta. I'm still working on all of those things nearly 2 years later. Buying in bulk is awesome (if you have the space)

So all together, ~$170 a month for groceries.

Along with eating out, it comes up to about $220 a month for food items only.
  • Blonde_Vixen
    Options
    Food items only, about $600 per month for 3 people. That doesn't incude eating out.
  • jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Probably spend about 100-200 per week for the two of us. On another note, since this is about groceries. I would remind everyone that american express has a card that gets 3% cash back on groceries or 6% back if you pay the $75 yearly fee. I've been using it with good returns.