SAHM 3/22 - 3/28

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your great ideas on bed "bumpers", ladies! I will be sure to try them.

Dolphin, congrats on moving right along! That's so great :)

I'm kind of jealous of boy's swim trunks. They get all the cool designs. Why can't I find a decent bathing suit in the cool patterns boys get? I want me some surfer Hawaiian flower prints! LOL
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I was going to start walking this week (I don't own a treadmill) and what does it do.... it SNOWS 1 1/2 feet!!!! Yesterday was nice and a lot of it melted off but it is supposed to snow again today and it is COLD today. Yuck!!!!! I am ready for spring already!!! Real spring, where it is warm and nice outside. The upside is that I took Tristan out in the back yard and played in the snow for a while. That was a lot of fun and some pretty good exercise :o) But I really want to go for a walk!!! :o)

Doing good though. I lost a little over a pound last week!

Okay... time to log off!! Have a wonderful day ladies! :o)

tara--you may want to chk out leslie sansone dvd's from the library. they are walking programs and a HUGE part of how i got started again last year. i now own many of her dvd's and have logged many many miles and burned major cals too.

(the fact that i haven't reached my goal yet is my fault entirely---i eat wayyyyy too many cookies and other junk!)
    good job on your wt loss!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    I love reading through everyone's posts........accomplishments, successes, trials. --me too dolphin!!

congrats on your loss too!

and amy and dolphin--i know what you mean. if i don't log it, it dsn't count--except it DOES and shows up later. in my memory, i feel like i wasn't eating too much or too many of the wrong foods....but the scale and the mirror and the tight clothes--they no lie. :)

trish--they also sell (at babies r us?) clip on mesh bumpers for such kids. maybe that will help?

kim, HAVE FUN!!!! i'm so psyched for you. have a great time--have a little extra fun for the rest of us at home! :wink:

thanks also for your good wishes. they denied her eligibility for IEP/special services at this point. we disagreed with the rec and can file due process etc. just waiting on that. we are also going to reconvene AGAIN for the 504 to get it to work better. and i am going to meet w/the principal (who dsn't like me) abt getting her into a diff tchr. a big part of the problem is her--and our lack of respect for her and her classroom mgt. she just is a crabbypants and is always negative and threatening the kids. just not a good place for any of the kids, but espec not for a kid like ours. let's see.....

but like trish said--i'm proud of my dh and myself for advocating as strongly as we could w/in the system limits to find better services for her. and that we will keep at it.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    runner girls---how do you figure out your stride?? not your pace or breathing--but how to move your legs in a running kinda way?

sitter still here so going to pay bills and clean up b4 i need to get girls from school.

thanks ALL of YOU for always being here! i couldn't do this w/o you!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    You mean there's more to running than moving your legs? What rock have I been under? *stares at Stacey blankly*
    I just... RUN. Like you're trying to out run your kid before they go into the street, only sustain that effort. Like chasing a missed bus/ride. Is there supposed to be more to it than that?
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Options
    I just make sure I get both feet off the ground at some point in my stride.
    I figure the walkers i nthe Olympics get disqualified if they don't always have at least one foot on the grount, so then having them both off must technically be a run!
    Works for me. I guess you'd describe it as a bouncy walk LOL it's not a long stride.

If its comfortable, sustainable, and not causing strain or injury, then I reckon its all good.
  • curliegirl
    curliegirl Posts: 191
    Options
    Whoo Hoo Dolphin--you are making a difference by logging everything. It is so easy to slip and justify it if you don't log it.(I know that is what I do) The numbers don't lie do they.

As for the running/jogging. I don't go all out--that makes it where I cannot keep it up for long. I just start on my first interval going a bit faster than walking & up each time until I am almost not able to keep going. I doubt that is the "right" way to do it but hey its been working for me. I often will adjust the speed to match the rhythm of the music I am listening to also. Of course it is really up beat music too!

I am SO ready to leave tomorrow morning on my getaway. Spent the afternoon organizing supplies & getting things ready. Now I just need to do supper(love my crockpot!)--Cashew Chicken! And I guess pack some clothes, food & my pillow. There won't be much sleeping though we stay up really late & then sleep in! I am bummed a bit about something though. I won't get my "logged in for ___ days in a row" now. I will miss Saturday--I am silly about the carrots I reach for--maybe I can get hubby to log on for me! Stacey I will definitely have some fun for all of you too! This is a great getaway--been going for 4 years!

Today's goals? I managed to drink a ton of water--every time I walk through the kitchen I drink at least 1/2 a glass. I did a light walk for 10 minutes & did my strengthening exercises. Gonna feel it in my tummy muscles tomorrow--yikes!

This weekend? 1 soda a day, tons of water, snack healthy & walk around when I get snack cravings instead of gobbling m&ms!

Not sure if I will post tomorrow or not--I am hoping to drop down below 151 tomorrow. I am almost there so hopefully I will post a yeah in the morning. Another incentive to not pig out this weekend! I don't want to have to start over next week.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Kim
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Way to go Dolphin! That is so exciting! I am hoping to step off this plateau too!

Stacey- I am very proud of you too for fighting for your DD's education!!!!!!!! ((hugs)) I know it is difficult, but you will succeed in what is best for her. Kyle and Ash both had a teacher that was down right aweful, down to the point of Kyle would come home with nervous twitches. UGH! so I know what you are going through!:flowerforyou: As for running stride, think of your legs and arms kind of like a locomotive, you know how the arms that are attached to the wheels move forward in a rotating motion? think of your arms especially like that. You legs you would need to kinda do the same motion. It's kinda like walking but you lift your knees up so that you are going up and forward....does that make sense?

Kim- HAVE FUN!!!!!!!! Dont' worry about logging!

Between Ash and I, we got 3/4 of the kitchen wall paper off! YAY!!!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies!! It feels so good to see the difference. Of course, I ruined it yesterday, but back on track today. We went to town to get supplies for our renovations and ate badly. But I did get to do Zumba! This week may be short and sweet with my posts, we have a lot to do! This morning I hope to get a run in, and then work on the house all day. I will probably lurk a lot, but I will not be gone forever ;)

Curlie Kim~ Have fun on your scrapbook get away!! How fun!

Welcome to the group Naomi!!

Stacey ~ Good question, I have no idea! I know my stride is short...I have short legs! LOL

Nicole ~ Goodbye wallpaper!! I hate that stuff...did I mention I was going to get a law passed to make it illegal?? ;)

Anyway, I am off...lots of painting to do! And cleaning....ugh! We have to paint 4 rooms and 1 wall, and the trim around the outside of the house...thankful for a brick house right now!!
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!

I am offically 1/2 way to my goal!!! I was waiting to hit this 20 lb mark and it feels great. :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Low carb/ no sugar definitely helps get the scale moving for me. I'm sure this cleanse is helping too but I haven't been very impressed w/ it's results overall. I had much better results last year by taking cat's claw and digestive enzymes.

Snowbound ladies - so sorry to hear about that. I can sympathize living out here in the Berkshire Mountains of cold MA. It has started to get nice her but we're expecting some snow later today :grumble:

Stacey- You are such a wonderful mommy. What you are doing for your daughter is so wonderful. So many kids don't have that kind of advocate and despite what happens in the school, you are building an amazing bond with dd. She will always know she can count on you to fight for her and every child should know that about their mommy. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:

Dolphin - Great job! So awesome to be moving forward and figuring out what works for you.

Kim - Have a great time scrapbooking!!! I haven't scrapped in over a year but I just ordered some new supplies to finish my "baby's" 2 and under book....he'll be 5 in 3 weeks. I'm a little behind. When I moved 2 1/2 years ago I never found a group of women who scrapped like I had back home. It's just not the same doing it in your living room alone. Dd is interested in it though so we're going to start scrapbooking together a few times a month for some bonding time.

Have a great day everyone! I read a scripture this morning that reminded me to focus on what I have (or have accomplished) and not on what I lack (or haven't yet accomplished.) It was a great day to come to the halfway point of my goal and to move forward in triumph of what I have accomplished. I KNOW I can finish well.

Off to chug my 150+oz of water
    and find something low carb for breakfast even though cereal is calling my name!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was going to start walking this week (I don't own a treadmill) and what does it do.... it SNOWS 1 1/2 feet!!!! Yesterday was nice and a lot of it melted off but it is supposed to snow again today and it is COLD today. Yuck!!!!! I am ready for spring already!!! Real spring, where it is warm and nice outside. The upside is that I took Tristan out in the back yard and played in the snow for a while. That was a lot of fun and some pretty good exercise :o) But I really want to go for a walk!!! :o)

Doing good though. I lost a little over a pound last week!

Okay... time to log off!! Have a wonderful day ladies! :o)
    I live in Englewood,CO...we got 11.5 inches!! I can't wait for all the slush to go away so I can start walking.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, Ladie's, I am so impressed withe everyone's successes, whether with this weight loss journey, or in your personal life (Stacey-fighting for your daughter). I just have to say WTG!!! To everyone. I think logging in here everyday, asking for advice, posting our successes and failures is helping us all tremendously.

Took my oldest daughter shopping yesterday, she's a bit of a tomboy, so doesn't like any of the girly clothes out there, shopping with her can be a bit of a trial, but just her and I got some bonding time together, went to a local cafe for a snack, so was able to spend some quality time together.

Trish-I'm with you on the swimsuit's, that was what I was looking for yesterday and did not find anything, I thought they were all ugly, or they didn't cover enough. I'm also looking for some boards shorts for this summer, we have a boat and I LOVE to wakeboard, but don't like just wearing a swimsuit, I can't find board shorts anywhere, I'm debating on grabbing a pair of men's from Old Navy and just shortening them up, Old Navy has awesome patterns for men's board shorts. Not sure why they don't carry any for women.

We had parent/teacher conferences yesterday and everything went well, all 3 kids are A, B student's. YEAH! We're doing something right. So we took them to Wendy's for dinner and I did awesome, stayed under my calories for the day, woohoo. Just hoping I can do the same this coming week while on vacation, wish me luck.

Goals for today: Lots of water, chug-a-lug. At least 1 hour of exercise. Clean up the house. Movie night with the kiddos.

Hope everyone has a great day, keep up the awesome work everyone!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Katie - wow those pics are beyond words, its amazing what a difference 10 lbs makes. Melissa I'm like you I always avoided the camera, now I wish I had some better before and after pics and not just ones with me hiding behind my kids LOL I'm going to take some now since I still want to loose another 20lbs or so.

Trish - thats scarey that she was under the bed. I agree find something to wedge under it.

Melissa - 20lbs is great. you said your halfway so you should definatly start taking some pics to see the difference when you get there.

Kim - I love scrapbooking too, just don't seem to find the time. I did one for my older daughter. I did one/two pages for the first 7 days , then each week (until one month) then each month, plus special occasions, after one though I just did special ocassions and got her done up to two years. Well my second is 16 months only and I'm only on day 3... opps. I'm the third child in my family and don't have alot of pics. So I swore all my kids will have a scrapbook of their first year and big occasions following.. it may take me until I'm 80 to finish but I'll get it done. LOL

Dolphin - congrats on the 1lb :)

Stacey its great that your stepping up for your kid, thats what good mommies do.

So I went back to ZUMBA last night and boy am I sore today. My instructor was on vacation for two weeks. And I'm also changing my weigh in day. I was doing wed. since the moms in my birth board were all doing wed. but they all seem to have stopped doing this, so I'm now doing sat with my BFF. I figure that gives me a week to makeup for any "bad weekends" LOL. Glad I have you ladies and MFP as most of the moms on my board are no longger chatting and logging and I need people to help keep me in check ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I moved the wedge to the side of the mattress, and I think it helped. No falling out of bed, but she did get up. She came over to us crying. Andy picked her up & found she was soaked. I checked her bed & the bed was soaked too. Oddly enough her diaper was completely dry. Very bizarre leak! So put fresh sheets on bed, Andy got her changed, she goes back to bed easily. An hour later she's up, patting the bathroom door and asking to go. Andy obliges, but he's too lenient with her, and she just plays on the toilet. Back to bed she goes. An hour later she's up again asking to go once more. Me, tired and unamused, growl at her to go back to bed. I have to tell her 3 times, but she goes, and that's it for the night. Seriously, child, go in your diaper... that's what it was invented for! You're too young to start night training when you haven't even gotten the day time stuff down yet.
    As for rolling under the bed, Andy put a heavy blanket under her mattress, and rolled it on to the floor, and put another blanket on top of that. So Grace's weight would hold it all together if she fell out. Hopefully it should prevent future incidents.

Goal today: drink a buttload of water, and decide whether we're going to SLC for a shower or not. I kind of don't wanna. If we go up there, it's unlikely I'll get my run in today. If I don't run today, I'll be over in calories (even just eating bare minimum). Hoping hubby will be willing to come home on bus tonight.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!
    I have done well the last few days logging in here and keeping track of everything. I need to get a little better at a few things but I'm just taking it one day at a time! Today is a busy workout day, I am making up for yesterday with all the rain we had I didn't get any cross training in on my bike. So i'm going to go for a small bike ride this morning and then a run in the afternoon. I will check back in later this afternoon!!
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hi girls! thanks for the support! does calmly telling same dd that i am giving away her big care bear--and other toys to follow--b/c she is disrespectful and disobed to me and bully to sis and bro every day. and i am tired of it. i will still allow her to go to camp, i explained, but this is just not ok to keep acting like this at home. (she has NO behav problems at school EVER)
    so how good a mom am i now???

i just don't know what to do about that behavior. i can have her work towards a reward i guess....it worked when i did spa day. it's just that i'll have to come up with an appealing reward for her every day--food, things, activities.
    ok. i answered my own question.

sigh....

goals--clean up kitchen. cook a dinner. drink 60 oz water. exercise! boy to the park. finish camp forms to send in.

all of you have done so much--and melissa i love the meditation you shared with us. mama2--i like 2 weigh in's--mine are supposed to be sun and wed (i think??). good job picking a new one that will work for you. dolphin, i love rdg about your family's activities! i love how you are all so active and committed! katie, good luck accomplishing all that painting. hope you'll post pics of the final results.

ladies--have a great friday! we are incredible!!
  • Nic4
    Nic4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello! I'm a newby and very excited to be a part of this group!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nic4!

think of me tomorrow! I am going ot be running in the redwoods! I am excited for my race tomorrow, today is a well needed rest day! I didn't sleep much last night because of the boy....I don't fell like getting in to it right now, but let's just put it at this...one of my biggest pet peeves is lying....and he lied to me yestderday while looking me straight in the eye. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH:devil: :explode: :mad:
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old daughter that lies straight to the face and does not even budge. It gets me so mad too. I am also dealing with the fighting and the I wants and not listening and cleaning up after themselves. I guess it is hard when I have been working at night so I have not been able to keep the house up either, they see that and they stay with what you do. Talkoing about keeping house, it is after 330 and i ahvea to be up at 7 to get ready for the picnic I am in charge of

good night/morning
    michelle
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Wow, miss a couple days and I'm so out of the loop! It has been a very rough week health wise for my family. My hubby got sick, then I got the most horrible Migraine I've had in years. It didn't go away for 3 days and I still have slight headaches at the end of the day. I think it's a combination of allergies and massive weather changes. But then my 2 year old got quite sick with a pretty bad cold (runny nose, cough, sore throat, the whole nine yards). She was up screaming most of the night and then I actually subbed today and had to get up early. All this to say that I just crashed at the end of each day. :P I didn't get any workouts in but miraculously still managed to stay under my calorie goal each day (even when I didn't log in) I still have AF visiting, but I weighed myself today out of curiosity and I weigh 114! Thats about 3-4 pounds I've lost this week! That really cheered me up after the week I had! :P I missed you all!

Welcome to all the newbies! This group is fantastic! I'm a mother of 2. A 2 year old daughter and an almost 6 month old daughter. I stay at home except for the occasional substitute teaching job I get when my husband has the day off.

Trish - Back to your indulgences comment, I think it's important to plan a small reasonable treat every day. If you want this to be a life time change and not something where you lose the weight and gain it back than you need to give yourself little things to look forward to. As long as you plan ahead of time so you still get the right amount of calories there is no reason not to have a little something to look forward to every day! As for your daughter getting stuck under the bed, we put our kiddo in a toddler bed when she was about 15 months or a little younger. She also got stuck under the bed! But it only happened once and she never did it again! So I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Katie - your pics look fantastic! You have lost so much! It really gets me fired up to go work out! :)

I have this new recipe book called "Hello Cupcakes" that have the most adorable cupcakes in them. So this week I am going to try to make some easter ones for when my family come over, and some that look like spaghetti and meatballs for my hubby's birthday! :P

Goals - Drink a ton of water! (To help keep my kiddos cold away from me!)
    Get a lot of rest and get my family back into good health!
    Weigh in is tomorrow......think thin!