Summer Challenge

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Yep...i was losing steadily for a while, then read about eating them back. and so I did...and tried it for a whole summer, and was at a standstill. I stopped eating them back, and started losing again.
  • toots99
    I worked my butt off today, hopefully literally! I was off today, and was feeling good so I exercised like crazy. Did the elliptical for about 30 minutes, then played basketball for about an 40 minutes. Went home, walked to the store to buy food to have for lunch, then headed back to the gym (it's very close by) and did another 40 minutes. Came home, then went for an hour long walk! :laugh: I figured I might as well give it 110% while I felt like it because I slacked way too much last week. All in all, I burned 1593 calories, not counting the short walk to the store.

Now, Im about to enjoy some dinner, and a well-earned cold beer. :drinker:

I'll probably be crippled tomorrow. :laugh:
  • toots99
    I'm not crippled. But I did undo almost all of the damage from last week! :drinker: :drinker:
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    So I miss a few days (ok maybe a week) and you are on a new thread. I feel like I have been gone a few years. Excited though for the new challenge.
  • toots99
    Hope you've been having an easy time staying on track!
  • Hi ladies!!! Just got finished cooking for my weekend at work. I have 5 days off every week. I do ok those days, then I come home from work after the weekend and it seems like I weigh 5 pounds more than I did the friday before. It's very discouraging. I did my grocery shopping and also stocked up on good for you stuff. I bought lots of fish and turkey and minimal red meat. I've really gotten into organic education :) I really want to eat organic for my daughter's food especially since I've read about the way they use pesticides and other processing ways. It's overwhelming to go completely organic, or to read too much about it. It makes you not want to eat anything. I did ok though I made it out of the grocery store with all organic produce except for 2 things and bought a total of about 9 pounds of meat for 120 dollars!! I think that is great for a family of 3 for 2 weeks. Did I mention I have also become obsessed with couponing? It kind of keeps me focused because I will not buy unhealthy food unless it is a treat, and it is basically free.

I was thinking to myself today I am so glad I have a daughter that is almost 2 and has never once asked for mcdonalds or a happy meal. She asked today for a snack... asparagus and carrots. Where is the good parenting award?!?!?

I have also begun to reevaluate my goals. I am setting my wii fit goals to only 2 lbs every 2 weeks. It isnt' much... but it makes me feel like I am making progress by being able to reset my goals early!!! Everyone have a great weekend!! I will check back monday and hope for some loss over the weekend.:flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    Hi ladies!!! Just got finished cooking for my weekend at work. I have 5 days off every week. I do ok those days, then I come home from work after the weekend and it seems like I weigh 5 pounds more than I did the friday before. It's very discouraging. I did my grocery shopping and also stocked up on good for you stuff. I bought lots of fish and turkey and minimal red meat. I've really gotten into organic education :) I really want to eat organic for my daughter's food especially since I've read about the way they use pesticides and other processing ways. It's overwhelming to go completely organic, or to read too much about it. It makes you not want to eat anything. I did ok though I made it out of the grocery store with all organic produce except for 2 things and bought a total of about 9 pounds of meat for 120 dollars!! I think that is great for a family of 3 for 2 weeks. Did I mention I have also become obsessed with couponing? It kind of keeps me focused because I will not buy unhealthy food unless it is a treat, and it is basically free.

I was thinking to myself today I am so glad I have a daughter that is almost 2 and has never once asked for mcdonalds or a happy meal. She asked today for a snack... asparagus and carrots. Where is the good parenting award?!?!?

I have also begun to reevaluate my goals. I am setting my wii fit goals to only 2 lbs every 2 weeks. It isnt' much... but it makes me feel like I am making progress by being able to reset my goals early!!! Everyone have a great weekend!! I will check back monday and hope for some loss over the weekend.:flowerforyou:

I tend to be the opposite. I do better when I work, and days off tend to get a little hard to handle.

I think my marathon workout day the other day killed me. I've had to force myself to go to the gym since. It's not for a lack of motivation, I think I just wore myself out! :laugh:
  • hello all,have been really bad this wekend and trying my best to get back on track today.o willl be back later getting ready for work
  • toots99
    Ohhh Chinese food and ice cream, how do you do it? Why do you do it? Why do you make me love you and make me powerless in saying no? :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hi all! Been busy lately, also kind of off track. I've been doing my Couch 2 5K, but missed 1 day last week. Moving on to week 5. I'm really struggling with stress and depression right now. It's ugly! I need to get back on track with eating well - that helps a lot. And hopefully dh will find out today that he DID get the job he interviewed for. We really, really need it. The spring planting season is just starting to kick in up here - will be in full swing within a couple of weeks. I'll try to get on here everyday, but if I'm mia - I'll be back!! It gets crazy.:love:
  • toots99
    Everyone still around? Anyone? Beuller? :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    Still checking in when I can! Look at you go Toots - awesome!
  • toots99
    I'm still here, kicking butt!
  • clcastro
    clcastro Posts: 17
    hey guys! I started running once I started college and now I'm hooked! the most I've ever ran straight is 6 miles. I ran my first 5K this past fall and ran in less than 25 minutes and now I want to train for a half marathon this summer so those are my goals!
  • toots99
    Excellent! Welcome aboard!
  • MTGirl
    Hi everyone!! It's a new week - 1 week closer to summer :drinker:

We made it through Easter - how are you doing on your goals??

I'm repeating week 5 of Couch 2 5K - doing good. Kind of fell off eating wise for the last couple of weeks, but I'm getting better.

Check in and let us know how you are doing!!

Kim
  • toots99
    I went to the gym yesterday, then went running after work. Burned a total of 1,000 calories. Today, went to the gym and burned 1,050 calories. We're doing a Biggest Loser contst at work and there's no way I'm not winning. :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    I went to the gym yesterday, then went running after work. Burned a total of 1,000 calories. Today, went to the gym and burned 1,050 calories. We're doing a Biggest Loser contst at work and there's no way I'm not winning. :laugh:

Woohoo!! You go Toots. I'm betting on you - kick some hiney girl.
  • toots99
    Thanks! I think that my disadvantage (of being at this for a while, others will drop weight fast) will turn into an advantage at the end: I've been doing this for a year, and I know I won't give up when everyone else will!
  • MTGirl
    We seem to be dyin' out. I'm making effort, but this busy season almost got me and it hasn't really started full on yet! I will prevail though. I'm stubborn that way :smokin:
This discussion has been closed.