Summer Challenge

Replies

• kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    I never know when I should post...

I'm still running (MWF and Sun) - and hitting them gym for lifting circuits on my off days (TR and Sat) with some biking whenever I can squeeze it in.

Eating is going fairly well - if you discount a three day long blip that I call Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. One of those days, I ate 11 of those things. They are the BEST homemade cookie. EVER. Yeah, EVER. And we had most of a batch leftover after a volunteer picnic. Next time, I will be taking a veggie tray to the picnic so that the leftovers do not absolutely kill me!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    You can post whenever you want, even if you're the only one posting! I've done that before! :laugh:

I'm still at it, working out everyday, been eating really well lately too!

But that's going to change since my best friend is visiting me this weekend and we're going to New Orleans! :drinker: :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Ohhhh. Have fun in New Orleans!! Enjoy it. I did really well today, though I did eat the piece of cake at the meeting tonight. I haven't logged dinner and after yet, don't think I will. I'm so tired, just waiting for baby girl to go to sleep. She got sick last night so from midnight on I didn't sleep much. :yawn: I'm dyin'!
  • toots99
    Yay I found the new thread!

I;ve been a bad, bad girl. Starting with St. Patrick's Day, that knocked me out of commission for a day or two :drinker: then I went out of town for two days. :drinker:

I am actually looking forward to getting back to eating right and going to the gym. I was sooooooooo sick when I went out of town...I had a good time but I was miserable. I was so mad at myself. So hopefully, all those bad cravings are out of my system.

My goal for the summer challenge? Be down to 187. That's 10 lbs from now. I know I can do it!

I just read back from my first post in this thread...and wondering if I made a mistake? I said I wanted to be down 10 lbs, down to 187. I am 186 at my last weigh in! I am wondering if I really lost 11 lbs since March 23rd, or if I just made a typo! :noway:
  • toots99
    Yay I found the new thread!

I;ve been a bad, bad girl. Starting with St. Patrick's Day, that knocked me out of commission for a day or two :drinker: then I went out of town for two days. :drinker:

I am actually looking forward to getting back to eating right and going to the gym. I was sooooooooo sick when I went out of town...I had a good time but I was miserable. I was so mad at myself. So hopefully, all those bad cravings are out of my system.

My goal for the summer challenge? Be down to 187. That's 10 lbs from now. I know I can do it!

I just read back from my first post in this thread...and wondering if I made a mistake? I said I wanted to be down 10 lbs, down to 187. I am 186 at my last weigh in! I am wondering if I really lost 11 lbs since March 23rd, or if I just made a typo! :noway:

Well I guess I surprised myself! I looked at the reports section here, and on 3/23 I was indeed 197! Maybe I should readjust my goal to be 180. Gosh, that sounds skinny. :laugh: :drinker:
  • toots99
    Okay, I'm beginning to think my scale is lying...I'm down 2 more lbs to 184!
  • MTGirl
    Holy moly Toots. Enjoy the ride - sounds like you found a sweet spot. It's always nice when that happens! Way to go :)
  • toots99
    Thanks! Guess I'm off that plateau! :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    Here we go everyone! Another week closer. How's everyone doing??

I'm stuck. But I will figure it out. Eventually! Baby girl turns 6 tomorrow, we had the party today. Homemade pizza and cake with icecream. No leftovers! Yay. Well 2 slices of cake and a little ice cream, but not much to worry about. She made out like a bandit, little turkey :tongue:

I finished week 5 of Couch 2 5K. Will start week 6 tomorrow. Woohoo :drinker: Now if it would melt some of this fat :grumble:
  • toots99
    Well, the last four days have been a wash...a friend came in frm out of town and we went to New Orleans for a few days. HUrricanes and beignets galore. I think the only good thing was that we walked for hours every day, all over the city! I'll know tomorrow what damage I've done! :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    Well, the last four days have been a wash...a friend came in frm out of town and we went to New Orleans for a few days. HUrricanes and beignets galore. I think the only good thing was that we walked for hours every day, all over the city! I'll know tomorrow what damage I've done! :laugh:

Sounds like fun though!! You'll get back to your healthy lifesyle and rock it. We have to find ways to allow for special occassions and enjoy them without feeling guilty! And remembering to get right back to where we should be :flowerforyou:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Hello everyone my name is Andrea, can I join your group?!! Right now my company is doing sort of a weight loss challenge which started last week, joined it to hopefully get more motivation to work out on my new elliptical. I started working out this week and am doing good so far, my goal is to lose 15 pounds by June 20 which is my boyfriends sisters wedding!! Starting weight 250 want to ultimately get to 200 but for summers sake 235-225 ish would make me a happy gal.!!

How is everyone doing this week so far?

Andrea
  • toots99
    Hi and welcome!

The first few days this week were a wash, today I am back on track. I got home from vacation flat broke and with no food in the house. I worked last night and made some money (I'm a waitress)...but I was starving when I went to the supermarket...and made the bad choices. But at least I've got a fridge full of good food and can eat some healthy stuff today.
  • MTGirl
    Hello everyone my name is Andrea, can I join your group?!! Right now my company is doing sort of a weight loss challenge which started last week, joined it to hopefully get more motivation to work out on my new elliptical. I started working out this week and am doing good so far, my goal is to lose 15 pounds by June 20 which is my boyfriends sisters wedding!! Starting weight 250 want to ultimately get to 200 but for summers sake 235-225 ish would make me a happy gal.!!

How is everyone doing this week so far?

Andrea

Welcome Andrea!! Glad you joined us. We're kind of a laid back bunch:flowerforyou: Good luck on your goal! Going to the wedding should be fun with a hot new dress in a smaller size :smokin:
  • andreasoulcastle
    Yes hopefully!! Lately I haven't been doing so well on the eating part, but have been pretty active and constantly on my feet and also have been drinking plenty of water. I have so much weight to lose, it really gets hard sometimes because I have such bad eating habits from my childhood, and have become a really picky eater (only wanting the bad foods) and have been trying to work on getting over that habit..also eating late is a big problem for me, anyone else have this habit? What do you do when you get the late night munchies?

Andrea
  • toots99
    Eating late is a problem for me, but I think it's just because I get bored at night! It took me a while to learn to differentiate between hunger and boredom. I'd say to myself "Okay, you're hungry? Eat that apple, not those cookies. Hmmm, you don't want the apple? You're not that hungry then!" :laugh: I talk to myself a lot.

It's also tough because I work evenings in a restaurant, so I make sure to bring food to work with me so I don't get hungry and I don't get tempted by bad food!
  • MTGirl
    Eating at night is a challenge. I've distracted myself enough that I'm kind of out of the habit. But it sneaks back up on me! I try to find things to do to avoid eating - clean the kitchen, go for a walk, read with baby girl, cross stitch, do laundry. I usually have so much to do I can distract myself pretty easily - but when I'm super tired and just plop in the chair to watch some tv, I have a hard time!
  • andreasoulcastle
    It's also tough because I work evenings in a restaurant, so I make sure to bring food to work with me so I don't get hungry and I don't get tempted by bad food!

This is my problem too!! I work in food services as well and often close, so I end up not packing my lunch and eating the food at my work.
  • toots99
    It's all about the planning...if you just try to wing it, it's so much harder. But if you plan your lunch/dinner and pack it the night before, it helps a lot!
  • mbalford
    mbalford Posts: 34 Member
    Hey all! I'm back. I was having a difficult time before losing weight, even though I was doing everything right. For the last few weeks, I've been going to the gym just once a day (instead of twice a day). I met with a nutritionst for the first time today and will be checking in with her every couple of weeks. Hopefully, this next couple of months will be productive. My goals:

1. burn no more than 1500 calories a day, 6 days a week. (I can't exercise too much. that's one of my problems)
    2. Stay within the calorie range as determined by the nutritionist 12 out of every 14 days (this gives me a couple of days to lose it!)
    3. Fit into size 16 jeans. I just made it into a 16 in skirts and shorts. Jeans seem to be more difficult for some reason.
    4. Drink 50 to 60 ounces of water an average of 5 days a week.

Like others, I'm not gonna make a weight goal!

Good luck everyone! :) Mary Beth
This discussion has been closed.