WHAT THE F%*K!!!!!!!!!

Options
:devil:
OK..... im fkn pissed, discouraged, homicidal...
I have been doing everything right! I am eating well, I am exercising, I am walking away from all the goodies my co-workers bring in every fkn day!! I get my daughter the fast food crap she wants and watch her eat it while I slobber all over myself wanting just a fkn bite!!
I weighed myself this morning and nada, zip, zilch, fkn nothing!!!!!
I read several posts about TDEE on here- I had no fkn clue what it was so I decided to try it. Obviously no help!!! I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.
This is why every other time I have tried to lose weight I end up giving up!!!!! Its fkn bull****- I feel like going out right now and finding the biggest, greasiest burger and inhaling it. BUT I wont because I dont know why really maybe cuz that would just send me over the FUKN edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• brandymandycandy
    Options
    From you tracker it looks like you've been doing wonderful!

It happens to all of us where you hit a time when things level out. Don't starve yourself, that won't help! Change your meal plan maybe. I've just decided to change my meal plan starting Monday.

You can do it, don't get discouraged!
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    First of all take a deep breath. Do you only go by the scale or do you take your body measurements as well? As your body gains muscle and loses the fat the scale may not change and it may even go up a little bit. This is because muscle is heavier than fat. If you don't measure yourself maybe you should start. You may see that the weight stays the same but that your clothes start to fit looser. Whatever you do don't give up!!
  • mogzBH
    mogzBH Posts: 50
    Options
    Take a deep breath, step away rom the treats and go take your anger out on a punch bag, a run or the housework. Burn some more calories and slowly those lbs will come off, it gets harder the further along we get but just stick at it, you've already done really well!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you might want to look at the amount of fkn sodium in your diet....
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Here's my oh-so-helpful advice. Go out for a nice long walk in the country where no one can hear you and curse your brains out. No ... really .. I swear it helps.

And I agree with the post above. Rather than returning to something that didn't work before like starving yourself - change it up. Do something different - change your macros or eat more lean protien or do a different kind of work out.

But go outside, walk and curse at the top of your lungs. Catharsis is important too :explode:
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    How long have you increased your calories? How long has it been since you lost weight? If it's been more than 4 weeks, it's time to change something up, if it hasn't keep doing what you're doing and be patient, weight loss takes time. Going back the last couple days you're eating a good amount but your sodium is through the roof, work on dropping that down and eating natural whole foods.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    :devil:
    OK..... im fkn pissed, discouraged, homicidal...
    I have been doing everything right! I am eating well, I am exercising, I am walking away from all the goodies my co-workers bring in every fkn day!! I get my daughter the fast food crap she wants and watch her eat it while I slobber all over myself wanting just a fkn bite!!
    I weighed myself this morning and nada, zip, zilch, fkn nothing!!!!!
    I read several posts about TDEE on here- I had no fkn clue what it was so I decided to try it. Obviously no help!!! I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.
    This is why every other time I have tried to lose weight I end up giving up!!!!! Its fkn bull****- I feel like going out right now and finding the biggest, greasiest burger and inhaling it. BUT I wont because I dont know why really maybe cuz that would just send me over the FUKN edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off go into a Zen state (breathe deep)...LOL..and then look at your success so far. You did not mention if you are taking measurements. I see the greatest loss when I take my measurements. To me that is more important than the scale. I am down 5 pounds and a total of 17 inches......
  • cridge74
    Options
    PORKY !!!!! remain calm, we are with u all the way !!!!!!!!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Or drink more fkn water...
  • LadyBirdGo
    LadyBirdGo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    are you eating the recommended daily calories, protein, carbs, fat from your myfitnesspal? you need to eat no less than that amount for your body to start losing anything. if you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode. it doesn't matter if you are overweight, starvation mode starts kicking in if you aren't eating enough. i know this because it is the same problem I have had. I don't take in enough calories and then I wonder why I am having such problems with weight loss. gotta keep up at exactly the recommended calories and carbs while doing cardio to see any results. eating less isn't going to help you lose weight. it is eating right. also take into account your age. I know that it takes longer for me to lose weight than it used to 7 years ago.
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Breathe...
    You'll get there... I felt that way for the last week....
    Then I measured myself. Hadn't dropped a pound but 2 inches were gone from my starting measurements....
    Don't just rely on the scale... YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • kate99931
    kate99931 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't panic!! Remember this is about the journey and something you are doing FOR yourself and not TO yourself. Maybe its time to switch something up like eating less sodium or cutting 100 calories or something like that. Not time to panic. Stepping away from the cheeseburger was a good idea-you would only feel worse!
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. It takes time! Try one thing (whether you're eating at a specific goal all week with no exercise cals or the complete opposite). Your body needs time to adjust, so try one method for a few weeks and see where you get. If you still aren't losing, then try something else for a few weeks. Also, make sure you are measuring everything and double checking serving sizes on labels.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    We've all been there, done that.

Besides what others have suggested of watching your sodium intake and drinking more water- STRESS also makes us gain weight.

Not sure how much you're trying to lose- if it's a small amount like 5 or 10 those can be more difficult that someone trying to lose 50 like myself.

Just remember, it took some time for it to come on- it will take time for it to come off.
  • Relax hun, I've checked out your diary for the past week and it looks great!! If you keep this up you WILL lose weight. Trust me, it's not your diet; that looks awesome!

I'd say you're doing a great job. BE PATIENT. I know, it's fkn hard :tongue:. I have days like these too.

KEEP AT IT and STAY AWAY FROM THE JUNK FOOD!!
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    First of all take a deep breath. Do you only go by the scale or do you take your body measurements as well? As your body gains muscle and loses the fat the scale may not change and it may even go up a little bit. This is because muscle is heavier than fat. If you don't measure yourself maybe you should start. You may see that the weight stays the same but that your clothes start to fit looser. Whatever you do don't give up!!

Perfrectly said - there are times I'm weighing myself & there is no change, but I can feel a BIG differnece in my clothes. I took meaasurements last week for the first time, I'll take them again next week (a 2 week interval) to see what's what. Bottom line is I know my clothes are fitting better (getting close to dropping a pants size) & I'm feeling a whole lot better. I feel stronger, & ultimately better health is what I'm looking for - not a # on the scale. Stay the course, one thing that's helped is balancing out my eating over the day. When I was basically at 3 meals I was eating a lot at each meal & a lot of that would not get burned. Now I'm eating less at each meal & having some snacks over the course of the day - relatively healthy stuff, especially compared to what I used to eat. I find I'm eating a lot less at mealttime & n ot going back for seconds. I get a little hungry during the day, but nothing intolerable - I don't feel starved or that I'm depriving myself. Don't be discouraged, you'll hit these plateaus & all of a sudden you'll have a big drop. Keep in mind you may have weighed yourself while your body is holding excess water too, wait a few days & check it again.....
  • Mommert6
    Mommert6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree... breathe. We are all going to be OK.
    Not sure if you are venting or looking for feedback. Here's my feedback anyway:
    mix it up a little...Fresh foods only for a week, nothing processed, have your larger meal in the middle of the day, no food 3 hours before bedtime, protein at all meals. And do yourself and your daughter a favor and stop feeding her the drive through stuff.

All bodies are different. I had a friend who would only show a loss every other week...mystery!
    One day at a time. We'll do it.
  • ldunton56
    ldunton56 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand the anger. I've had gastric bypass sleeve surgery and have only lost 38 pounds - TOTAL. But I know that I need to do more exercise- build lean muscle. Don't torture yourself by buying your daughter takeout- you need to be an example to her about eating healthy!! Just don't give into the anger with food like I did and have gained 10 pounds. Now I'm working again to take it off. Down 1 lb. that's a win for me.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Sorry but I agree with the above. There are very few days you are actually under sodium. You eat a lot of processed foods that are full of sodium. One day you were over your sodium by more than 4000 mg. You are consuming far too much sodium and unless you track it differently you are not consuming anywhere close to the amount of water you should be.

Also, do you not eat dinner? You never have anything logged for a dinner or evening meal.

Are you properly tracking? Properly measuring foods? Logging everything?

If so, lower the sodium... lower the processed foods.. get more lean meats, fresh veggies and fruits and drink more water.
This discussion has been closed.