WHAT THE F%*K!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    It really does take time. I am not one to really comment on these things too often but I will share what I do understand from my own experiences, research, and observations. First off, you have to be patient. Second of all, stress will prevent weight loss. A little calm might help. Working out will help your stress levels as well as moods. I understand frustrations but if you calmly work them out a little better, or beat out the frustrations with sweat, it helps so much more. The more stress your body is under, the less likely you will succeed.

Another thing, a positive attitude goes a long way. You have to go in this saying you will do it. You have to take to it like it is something that is refreshing and good. If you keep the idea in your head that you are sacrificing all of these things you are wanting, it's going to do you no good. Step into it developing a love for better foods. Tell yourself that those are the foods you want. Self-talk is key, be it positive or negative. If you tell yourself that you are giving up foods you are slobbering over, you're in a constant battle with yourself. That's not going to help you now nor in the long run. You don't have to completely sacrifice if you do it right.

A change in attitude about what it is you want and what it is you are really after will be where you end up. If you are that beat up over junk food and fast food, you aren't letting go of what's gotten you where you are. I am saying this with all kindness, too. I say all this because those are the very reasons I failed so often. It isn't about sacrificing, it's about embracing all the things that are good--things that will sustain your health and well-being--and that's really what it's all about..

If nothing else, maybe just check in with a doctor. Perhaps you have something medically restricting your calorie-burning engine. Maybe a physician/nutritionist can give you guidelines based on your specific needs.

Good luck to you!
  • egarthwait
    egarthwait Posts: 4 Member
    Check out a new diet by Dr. Ian Smith called 'The Shred Revolutionary Diet'. He just released the book at the end of December and it's already Amazon's # 1 bestseller in the diet category. This diet is meant to shake up your metabolism by eating 4-6 times throughout the day. He provides a list of what to eat for each meal. If you try it for just a week and I promise you will see your scale budge!
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    oh and you can find great recipes on line to copy fast food places like..........

http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/healthier-fast-food-recipes?page=4

http://www.squidoo.com/fast-healthy-recipes

Just a couple, do a google search.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    If I'm reading your ticker correctly it looks like you've lost 3 lbs at some point in some way. Congratulations! (not sarcastic, sincere). I think I'd go back to whatever method got you that loss....for starters. For seconder's I think if you read about TDEE and didn't understand it but tried it and it didn't work, maybe look into it more before you consider trying it or anything else new again, to make sure you get the whole idea. Some diets I've tried in the past required a thorough understanding or else not only did it not work it was counterproductive. I personally don't get TDEE stuff yet, so that's why I'm afraid to do it.

I think it's perfectly okay to be mad at all that deprivation and no gains. If you are on a calorie diet is it possible to allow yourself some calories for things you really really miss? Is it possible you could have that greasy cheeseburger today, or half of it, (cut in half immediately and throw the rest away on the spot, then just enjoy your half, really enjoy it). Whatever amount fits your calorie goals. I think you would resent it so much less when other people are eating tempting things also if you had one of your snacks right at the same time. For instance, when my kid is having an afterschool treat like donut or brownie, I have one of my 100 calorie snacks of cookies, or a 100 calorie skinny latte from starbucks if that's where I got his treat. It's easier to ignore his thing if I have something going on at the time.

Oh and by the way, me too F#%@k and F#$&^@ing S@#@t, and A#^^#*HOLEs and MO#&$ER F@^$&!ERS too! I didn't get dissapointed by the scale this week but by another major disappointment of a not related matter.

keep_calm_and_get_healthy_poster-r9bbf49d85a874c0c8b3fec8a75d48bea_f2qwk_400.jpg

Also I get the profile pic, but does negative motivation really work for you? Just wondering if a happier pic might make you feel better...like this one
    elephant.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    What-success-looks-like.jpg
  • ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Here's my advise (although it might not be the best).
    Go to the the fast food place with your daughter order the fkn burger and enjoy it (guilt free), talk, laugh & enjoy each others company.
    Then when you are finished and you've enjoyed your meal do your exercise like you normally would and while your exercising think how nice it was enjoying your time/laughs with your daughter and keep reminding yourself that by getting fit and healthier you will be able to enjoy more laughs and good time more often with your daughter.

Some food for thought: 1 fkn burger is not going to kill you but from the sound of it, it might stop you from killing someone else!! :glasses:

Then stop going to fast food places with your daughter, do something healthy together!!

^This sounds like an amazing idea, actually.
  • i noticed that your water intake is under 8 cups a day. Try drinking even more than 8 cups per day! Even try for 12 cups - you will see a difference within the next couple weeks just adding that. Hang in there!
  • What-success-looks-like.jpg

Well said ... or scribbled.
  • curtishigh1
    curtishigh1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey,
    Im Curtis A qualified Personal Trainer with Nutritional diploma's Under WABBA worldwide.
    I hear so many people getting disheartened from various weight loss sites and fad diets.
    the problem with this site (although i do very much like the site) is the calculations formular to decide how many calories you require a day is way out!!
    for me who is 6ft 3in, 91KG and trains 5 days a week (1.5 - 2hours) it calculates i need 2500kcal which is rediculous!!
    to keep my size and physique and still shed fat i need to eat a minimum of 3500k/cal

a simple formular to work out for yourselves how many calories you need a day is:-

your bodyweight in KG x 25 = BMR BMR x 1.3 = recomended daily K/CAL

give it a shot!

once you know your required K/cal, divide it into 5-6 meals throughout your day every 2 - 3 hours (VERY IMPORTANT)
    make sure you also drink lots of water (3-5Litres) and never go over 85g Carbs 45g Protein & 10g Fat in 2 hours!

and results are guarenteed
  • 30199807.jpg

I laughed out loud at this pic. Thanks!
  • kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    you might want to look at the amount of fkn sodium in your diet....

Going to have to agree with that. Try to cut back on sodium.
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Here's my advise (although it might not be the best).
    Go to the the fast food place with your daughter order the fkn burger and enjoy it (guilt free), talk, laugh & enjoy each others company.
    Then when you are finished and you've enjoyed your meal do your exercise like you normally would and while your exercising think how nice it was enjoying your time/laughs with your daughter and keep reminding yourself that by getting fit and healthier you will be able to enjoy more laughs and good time more often with your daughter.

Some food for thought: 1 fkn burger is not going to kill you but from the sound of it, it might stop you from killing someone else!! :glasses:

Then stop going to fast food places with your daughter, do something healthy together!!

^This sounds like an amazing idea, actually.

^^ All this...then tell your daughter how you BOTH will gradually move away from this stuff and why. Considering your battle and how much I'm sure you love her, you don't want her going thru this so try not to start her on this road b/c I'm sure you do not want her in the same battle as you down the road. (Talking to myself, too ;)
  • I have nothing to add, but the OP gave me anxiety from all of the negativity.....
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    I have lost pounds in 35 days but 5 inches in may waist. Starving yourself will just kill your metabolism.

You may have damaged it before, it takes time to get it back.

Throw the scale away.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member

I read several posts about TDEE on here- I had no fkn clue what it was so I decided to try it. Obviously no help!!! I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.

Because clearly 1 week is enough time to know if something works or not.
  • :devil:
    OK..... im fkn pissed, discouraged, homicidal...
    I have been doing everything right! I am eating well, I am exercising, I am walking away from all the goodies my co-workers bring in every fkn day!! I get my daughter the fast food crap she wants and watch her eat it while I slobber all over myself wanting just a fkn bite!!
    I weighed myself this morning and nada, zip, zilch, fkn nothing!!!!!
    I read several posts about TDEE on here- I had no fkn clue what it was so I decided to try it. Obviously no help!!! I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.
    This is why every other time I have tried to lose weight I end up giving up!!!!! Its fkn bull****- I feel like going out right now and finding the biggest, greasiest burger and inhaling it. BUT I wont because I dont know why really maybe cuz that would just send me over the FUKN edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long were you on diet until you weighed yourself??.. I started January 1st and weighed myself the first week nothing, 2nd nothing 3rd week lost 4pounds.. So from now on I'm gonna wait 3 weeks.. you should to so you don't get discouraged..
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Just to clarify. Muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound. Muscle is DENSER than fat and takes up less space which is why you can remain the same weight and lose inches.

Also, you CAN NOT turn fat into muscle. Fat is fat and muscle is muscle. You can lose fat and gain muscle.

Just sayin'
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    do you even lift?

Keep going it happens pretty magically over time. Those greasy burgers and goodies can eventually fit in your calories too. You don't have to deprive yourself, just keep under calories and it will happen.
  • Screw the weight. It's only a number. So what if it did not go down, you are exercising and eating healthy, that should be the goal, not weightloss.
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    I get this way too. Step away from the burger. I looked at your food journal - your calorie totals are perfect. The only thing I would do is 1) ease up on the sodium - You went way over a few days this week and might be holding onto water 2) trade some of the artificial sweetener stuff for real fruits 3) drink more water. I was reading a study that stated people who drank 12 oz of water before each meal and snack lost 5 lbs vs the same group eating the same calories without drinking all that water. I am doing this now as well. And like everyone else was saying on this thread, if you are not measuring too, you are not getting an accurate picture.
This discussion has been closed.