WHAT THE F%*K!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• LadyBirdGo
    LadyBirdGo Posts: 39 Member
    by the way, I checked your food diary.

you NEED to eat a better breakfast. you are only getting like 5 calories in the morning and like no carbs for energy!! I also have a hard time eating a good breakfast but it is CRUCIAL to losing weight. seriously.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    First of all take a deep breath. Do you only go by the scale or do you take your body measurements as well? As your body gains muscle and loses the fat the scale may not change and it may even go up a little bit. This is because muscle is heavier than fat. If you don't measure yourself maybe you should start. You may see that the weight stays the same but that your clothes start to fit looser. Whatever you do don't give up!!

Sorry but this is false.. You will not gain muscle on a calorie deficit. You need a surplus of calories to build muscle along with more than enough protein (which the OP is not getting enough of) along with lifting HEAVY weights. You don't just build muscle when you begin to exercise... it is a very hard thing to do.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    by the way, I checked your food diary.

you NEED to eat a better breakfast. you are only getting like 5 calories in the morning and like no carbs for energy!! I also have a hard time eating a good breakfast but it is CRUCIAL to losing weight. seriously.

There are some days the poster eats breakfast.. however it is not crucial to losing weight. As long as not eating breakfast doesn't make someone binge later on it isn't an issue.
  • Sent a message about what works for me hope it helps
  • KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Looks like you have a high salt intake. I know that if I eat over my salt intake for the day that I will gain. I'm super sensitive to salt.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Eat your calories, your weight loss is already built in. Everyone who says this I find it's because they don't eat their calories. I don't believe in "starvation mode" but I sure believe in eat more to weigh less.
  • Here's my advise (although it might not be the best).
    Go to the the fast food place with your daughter order the fkn burger and enjoy it (guilt free), talk, laugh & enjoy each others company.
    Then when you are finished and you've enjoyed your meal do your exercise like you normally would and while your exercising think how nice it was enjoying your time/laughs with your daughter and keep reminding yourself that by getting fit and healthier you will be able to enjoy more laughs and good time more often with your daughter.

Some food for thought: 1 fkn burger is not going to kill you but from the sound of it, it might stop you from killing someone else!! :glasses:

Then stop going to fast food places with your daughter, do something healthy together!!
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Here's my advise (although it might not be the best).
    Go to the the fast food place with your daughter order the fkn burger and enjoy it (guilt free), talk, laugh & enjoy each others company.
    Then when you are finished and you've enjoyed your meal do your exercise like you normally would and while your exercising think how nice it was enjoying your time/laughs with your daughter and keep reminding yourself that by getting fit and healthier you will be able to enjoy more laughs and good time more often with your daughter.

Some food for thought: 1 fkn burger is not going to kill you but from the sound of it, it might stop you from killing someone else!! :glasses:

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're eating a healthy diet 90% of the time, the occasional burger is NOT going to hurt you. Keep in mind that every step you take when you exercise is another step towards success. There WILL be days where the scale doesn't budge, or it moves in the wrong direction. It's OK. The weight didn't magically appear in one month - it will take time for the scale to go down.

If you're interested, shoot me an email and I would be happy to share some of the things that are working for me.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    When I first started to lose weight I actually cried. Nothing happened, following the plan to the letter. Nothing. Then when it did start it was only 1 pound a week. Soon enough I got over it and realized my body will do what it will do.

My only suggestion is I'd like to see your sodium consumption go down to the current recommendation of 1500mg/day. Your processed foods might be a factor. Also adding in more fresh veggies and cooked dried beans. Best of luck. Never give up. Continue searching for answers. You can figure it out if you stay with it.
  • WOOOOOSAAAAHHHHHH! In with the good air...out with the bad! yes, breathe and give yourself a break. Personally, my favorite way was kickboxing, and a really good punching bag - just be careful and use gloves to protect your knuckles - bag burn hurts! Stop buying food that your daughter can eat and you can't. You are teaching her to eat the junk that you know you don't want in your body. Yes, i know it is easier, faster, and makes them happy, but what good is it doing for you. Take time to prepare home made meals, from scratch, where you KNOW what is going into the food you are feuling your body with. It does not take a lot of time. I know it seems difficult, especially being a parent (single or not), working and going to school. I have been there, done that. You could spend a couple of hours prepping for the week and, based on other's comments, save yourself a lot of unneecessary calories and sodium. (I have put in a friend request - so until you accept I can't see your diary). I know it works, it did for me before I regained all of it going back to processed food and eating out.
  • Here's my advise (although it might not be the best).

Then stop going to fast food places with your daughter, do something healthy together!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    30199807.jpg

Here's something. How about calm down a little and work on trying to be a little less overwhelmed by the process. It's not an "all or nothing" situation. If it is this frustrating for you, you will definitely never succeed, just like you are thinking. Change your thinking about what this is. This is something you should be able to do for life, not just to lose the weight.

Baby steps.

Get a burger while you are with your daughter. You will enjoy your time together more. Skip the fries and soda, and have some water with it. Don't cut out anything that you really enjoy. Just figure out how to eat less of it. It is possible.

Set your ticker to lose 5 pounds. Do it. Now, you know you can do it, so do it again.

Take some deep breaths. Smile.

Good luck!
  • Thanks!!!!! Great advice!!! Sorry for the rant guys!!!!!!!!!!!:embarassed:
  • cdmatlock1
    cdmatlock1 Posts: 21 Member
    Hang in there. This happened to me I stayed at 197 for a week. I became discouraged but decided to hang tight and...........lost 3 pounds. Hang in there!!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    I would say go ahead and have a greasy burger if you are really wanting one, just don't make a habit to do it every day and make sure to log it so you know how many calories is in it and then just work out enough that day to make up for that many calories. It'll be alright. And I would say try to increase your water intake cuz sometimes if you retain water weight you have to drink alot more water to lose the water weight. I wouldn't starve yourself I would just try to choose the healthier food options when you can and if you are out go ahead and enjoy a burger or a greasy pizza or something just make sure to excercise that much off that day.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    :devil:
    OK..... im fkn pissed, discouraged, homicidal...
    I have been doing everything right! I am eating well, I am exercising, I am walking away from all the goodies my co-workers bring in every fkn day!! I get my daughter the fast food crap she wants and watch her eat it while I slobber all over myself wanting just a fkn bite!!
    I weighed myself this morning and nada, zip, zilch, fkn nothing!!!!!
    I read several posts about TDEE on here- I had no fkn clue what it was so I decided to try it. Obviously no help!!! I guess I will go back to starving myself and up my exercise to 5 hours a day.
    This is why every other time I have tried to lose weight I end up giving up!!!!! Its fkn bull****- I feel like going out right now and finding the biggest, greasiest burger and inhaling it. BUT I wont because I dont know why really maybe cuz that would just send me over the FUKN edge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down..... take a breath..... no need to curse or talk about suicide...... most of us have gone through this before but don't go and starve your and work yourself to death. Just drinks plenty of water, watch your salt, and try to cut down on processed food in general. Maybe you and your daughter can try changing your diets together. It is always better to do it in pairs :flowerforyou:

P.S It may help if you set your ticker to focus on how much you've lost, not how much you have left to go. Thank might help keep you motivated :smile:
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    So I looked at your diary and yes, you are eating pretty damn well but you're not eating enough!!! Your body can not run on only 1200-1300 calories a day as a man. You are putting your body in starvation mode which actually makes your body store more fat and it will much harder to keep it off if it does come off. Up your calories. I only get 1200 calories a day, but sometimes I go to chik fil a and grab some nuggets (i skip the fries) haha. It doesn't have to be all sacrafice and for you, i'd say up the calories. I actually go over 1200 every day and thats when I see the best results. My normal is usually between 1400 and 1700 a day and I lose more then than if I stay under 1200. Try it.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    You need to check out this group, read the threads with the red pins. Those will explain A LOT. Join the group if you have more questions.

Also check out the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" by Lou Schuler if for no other reason than the nutritional insight it has to offer. $18 at Barnes and Noble.
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    Oh poor baby. (not sarcastic AT ALL really, sometimes we just need our oh poor babies). Now that being said, up your protein in the morning with no carbs. Like eggs, omelets, lean meat etc, but no carbs. Then stop taking your kid to fast food, there is nothing in a fast food place your kid needs in their body!!!! Make lean burgers, oven fries etc. at home. Lastly, have a nice day!
  • OOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYY..... so I read everyones comments and again, I probably shouldnt have shot that post out like that after just stepping off the scale. I have JUST started (at the beginning of this month) and I DO know not to starve myself ( I am incapable of such a crazy thing anyway!) and that it is OK to have the occasional burger, and that this is a process!! So, ok... Im an impatient, unrealistic, impulsive person!! :ohwell: I know it will be ok and I truly appreciate all of you who had such great words of encouragement!!! I will keep pushing forward just like all the rest of you!!! Thanks much!!!!
This discussion has been closed.