should I shave my legs?

Options

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Underarms and everything below the waist usually. For guys, I can stand some hair as long as its not... um... unruly in certain regions.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Question for you ladies......have you used the new Venus? I forget the name but it is nice for the legs as it is wider and covers more area quicker. But I have a hard time shaving my kitty with it becuase of the wider design. Am I alone here? Any recommendations on a razor for that area??

Leave that kitty in the picture alone!

LMAO! Just saw this!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Meh, for me, personally, I don't care all that much. I used to be MUCH hairier when I was younger, and somehow, as I got older, the hair all lightened up and thinned out. LoL. I shave my lower leg about once a week, somewhat less in the winter. I generally have no need to shave the upper part, although I will perhaps twice a year, in the summer. I have never needed, nor has the thought even occurred to me, to shave my arms. That's just odd to me. I do shave my armpits most of the time, but I have gone without doing that before, and it really didn't make much difference in how I felt or smelled. I'll do the Brazilian thing occasionally, too, if I'm in the mood, but overall, body hair in general doesn't bother me, on myself or on anyone else.

Map of Tasmania (Amanda Palmer):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-GQ63NStxk
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I like the feeling of hairless in the right places :) Below the belt (includes legs) and underarms for sure.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I only shav underarms and on bc I find that hair uncomfy
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Shave everything, IMHO.
  • ashleighcollins89
    Options
    I only shave everything if I know I'm getting some tail.

This. Me too....
  • torirose18
    Options
    Most of the time i just shave my calf because i have like no time but i also shave my underarm and arm, too :) don't feel left out
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i shave only my underarms in the winter. every 2 weeks-ish.

i don't shave my lower legs in the winter. (sept - march) my lower leg hair is looooong right now...may almost need an electric razor to get it all off come spring.

i trim when it becomes too jungle-y downstairs. shaved once and will NEVER do that again. so painful.

shaving my arms? no. my pakistani friend shaves her arms and she tells me it continues to thicken and grow back faster. sounds futile to me.

ahh the pleasures of being in a long term relationship. no takebacks! :P

oh also, my man only shaves his face. i will trim his downstairs region when i feel like it. he's too scared to take scissors down there himself
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Do what you like, it's up to you.

For me, legs to just above the knee, and underarms. I don't shave my arms.

The bf doesn't shave anything. If he was ultra hairy then it might be nicer if he did but he's just average - no back hair or anything! :D
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wax.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Shave to just above the knee, armpits, wax lady-garden. Not really hairy anyplace else.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Pits and lower legs. I don't even think I have hair on my thighs to be honest.

Oh and everything down below.

People shave their arms? Who knew?
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Wait, is this a joke?
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Shaving is a waste of time, in my opinion. Other people give me a hard time and even whisper about my legs and pits not being shaved while pointing to me while they do it. If I do shave, it's not for anyone but me. I don't like the prickly stuff growing out and prefer just to leave it there and be soft. I don't buy that women aren't feminine or sexy unless they're hairless. Accepting that means that you buy into the notion that women are "babes," meaning babies, and must necessarily be hairless to be a babe. I'm an adult and adults of both genders have hair on their bodies, some more, some less, but they all do. Why does it need to be removed?
    Also, have you noticed that all the products associated with shaving that are advertised for women cost three times as much as the same thing for men? It's the beauty myth designed to keep women in control and take their money from them to avoid the embarrassment of being unfeminine, unsexy, hairy human females, thereby manipulating us into buying things we don't need and reducing our take-home pay. Notice other "feminine" products designed to make women feel embarassed about their natural state, like perfumed tampons and sanitary napkins, "feminine sprays." Just taking a shower is all anyone needs, for the most part.
  • ValerieZ84
    ValerieZ84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I detest any body hair on me from the neck down.... enough said. :laugh:
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I shave everything but arms.. that seems odd to me. I tried waxing and sugaring, it did nothing but hurt and make my folicles bleed. Guess I have extra strong roots or something lol.
    And yes it was tried over and over and over and not just by me, lol. They told me just to shave.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I use an epilator on my lower legs once a week and on my upper legs once a month (hair grows way slower there and is very light blonde). I shave my armpits and bikini line every morning in the shower and pluck my eyebrows when I see they need it.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Shaving is a waste of time, in my opinion. Other people give me a hard time and even whisper about my legs and pits not being shaved while pointing to me while they do it. If I do shave, it's not for anyone but me. I don't like the prickly stuff growing out and prefer just to leave it there and be soft. I don't buy that women aren't feminine or sexy unless they're hairless. Accepting that means that you buy into the notion that women are "babes," meaning babies, and must necessarily be hairless to be a babe. I'm an adult and adults of both genders have hair on their bodies, some more, some less, but they all do. Why does it need to be removed?
    Also, have you noticed that all the products associated with shaving that are advertised for women cost three times as much as the same thing for men? It's the beauty myth designed to keep women in control and take their money from them to avoid the embarrassment of being unfeminine, unsexy, hairy human females, thereby manipulating us into buying things we don't need and reducing our take-home pay. Notice other "feminine" products designed to make women feel embarassed about their natural state, like perfumed tampons and sanitary napkins, "feminine sprays." Just taking a shower is all anyone needs, for the most part.

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I only shave my legs and wax everywhere else on my body.