Has anyone lost weight without exercise?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ashleydmassey
    ashleydmassey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can lose weight without exercise, but you'll look a lot better if you do. You might even find that ten pounds you think you have to lose doesn't have to be lost at all.

Dreadful? That's a bit of an exaggeration. I never liked exercise at all, and I'd have laughed in your face if you told me 2.5 years ago that I willingly do the things I do now, but it's not dreadful.

Dreadful was catching a glimpse of my back side in a mirror when I didn't exercise. :laugh:

And really dreadful was having all kinds of overuse injuries because I didn't think exercise was necessary. :frown: Lifting weights or running can be boring, but not nearly as boring as bedrest.

^ I completely agree! I have three kids. The "idea" of exercise was dreadful to me as well. I was sickingly sedentary, even with kids, for so long. Now I dread when I have to miss working out. It really is what you put into your mind. If you start off slow with something you can try to enjoy, I think you naturally learn to want more. If you just give it a chance for a little while, don't think of it as work. Actually, at first, don't even think at all. If you just "do", get through the motions, you actually learn to appreciate exercise.Losing weight is fine, but if you want to be healthy, I would give it a try. What it does for the body is amazing. What it does for the mind is even better. Good luck to you.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Sooooo...I walked a 5k this morning. A friend of mine was unable to do the Color in Motion run so last minute she asked if I wanted her bib numbers. Two of my friends were going with their daughters and my daughter came too. It was actually fun. We jogged a little but walked the majority of it. I really loved the time with my friends and sweet kiddo. I was wiped out when we got home but I was in the best mood all day. I think I could handle more walks in my future. :)

I did the color run last year and it was FANTASTIC!! I'm assuming color in motion is similar :) glad you had fun!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I find it veeeery difficult without exercise but it is no doubt possible I'm sure of it!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hot weather makes me too sick for exercise but I still managed to lose some weight over the Summer (happens I used low carb but might have been able to do it just counting calories).

It was miserable not being able to work out though, and I hated it. I felt weak and miserable and grumpy. Which is pretty typical for me when it's hot. Sadly, it's hot here most of the year. Must...move...soon!
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hot weather makes me too sick for exercise but I still managed to lose some weight over the Summer (happens I used low carb but might have been able to do it just counting calories).

It was miserable not being able to work out though, and I hated it. I felt weak and miserable and grumpy. Which is pretty typical for me when it's hot. Sadly, it's hot here most of the year. Must...move...soon!

Can we swap? I'm sick of the UK :(
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Can we swap? I'm sick of the UK :(

In a heartbeat.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    do you want to loose weight or do you want to loose fat?

you can loose weight without exercise but it'll more than likely be more muscle loss than fat loss.
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i did not like exercise AT ALL until i really threw myself into it. Still have days where i'd rather not but seeing the difference in my body is worth it (plus i get to eat more!) I work part time 5 days a week and have a toddler so work out at home. Those dvd's are pretty good as a lot of them offer 20-30 minute workout sessions, which everyone can fit into their day!
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Yep.
    <
    didn't start exercising until I transitioned into maintenance :smile:
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    sure, people lose weight all the time without exercising.

now, getting the body you want without exercising, that is a different story.

+1 to this! Not only is exercise good for your health, it's also great for your looks. Strength training and some cardio will definitely do wonders for your body composition.
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have lost 9 pounds in 1 month by logging my food here. I am pretty active. I have a rescue dog kennel that houses about 20 dogs. I am the primary care taker. I go from morning to night. I want to add exercise in at some point.. Last month I discovered my knee cap on my right leg is messed up. It is moved to the side of my leg. I have severe arthritis in it. I start physical therapy in the next few weeks for my knee. I have to wear a brace at all times. Long story short, I can't exercise like I want to. I really want to play tennis, bike, heck even zumba...but I can't at this moment. Even though I am pretty active in my every day life doing exercise would help it come off faster.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Exercise can mean so many things. Do you like to dance? Could you enjoy a walk in the woods or on the beach? Exercise doesn't have to be a "workout."

love this reply:smile:
  • MrsDangerousCurves
    MrsDangerousCurves Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised a bit and lost about 40 lbs. I'm at goal now and have been since June 2013. Eating at a deficit definitely works! I'm jumping on the exercise train soon and plan on starting the C25K program.