Guys do you ever feel like you can't do it.

Options
13»

Replies

• folieeadeuxx
    folieeadeuxx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the motivational answers!
  • megs2003
    Options
    First of all this is one of the best and most positive forums I have read in a long time.

I definitely feel this way all the time and especially right now, but I just keep going because the only way to get where I want to go is to move forward. And I try to remember that this process isn't linear. And when I slip or can't do it for myself I still feel accountable to my MFP friends and press on. You are doing awesome so just keep going.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Most of the time. But I do it anyway.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Try to change your mindset. Instead of looking at this as a way to lose weight, look at it as a way to become healthier. Losing weight is just one of the added benefits. Try to eat a little better everyday, and move a little more every day. Park a few spaces further away from the door. Choose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. Celebrate each extra step you take, every minute of extra endurance, every extra pound you can lift. It's all good.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    Always :P

i restarted a week back and aiming to jus finish my 30 min of minimum exercise everyday instead of really concentrating on too many things at once!!
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself......Where will I be in 6 months if I do nothing?
    This is something that I think about everyday.

Every single day that goes by is another day toward your goal. I remember thinking I was just destined to be a fat girl, and there was nothing to be done about it. I keep thinking if I had given up at any point during my journey, where would I be? I was 253lbs when I started, so I'd probably be well over 300 by now.

Just don't give up. Keep thinking everyday where you'll be in even just a few month's time!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    No. Unlike many others, I have never focus on the scale or the weight. I was nearly 500 lbs for most of my 20's and never cared to change until I found out I had diabetes type II. For me it just being active and eating less and just being healthier. I don't want to ever go back to taking the various medications I was in the past to control all of the issues I had.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Sometimes. I find breaking it down into a simple daily challenge helps rather than focusing on weeks and months and big numbers.

Exactly. You have to eat the elephant one bite at a time. But, since we are talking about weight loss, don't eat the entire elephant and be sure to log it.
  • NatWillBeSkinny
    NatWillBeSkinny Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    im having one of those days today where i feel i cant and keep thinkin whats the point i just keep looking on here and reminds me why im doing it
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    It seems like its too far out of my reach. I don't think I'll be able too. Do you guys ever feel like this. :(

nope. because it's not too far out of my reach and it's not too far out of yours either.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. You will get there, when you look at the big picture too much you will get overwhelmed. So think about the small goals and changes that you are reaching and close to.
  • josee1965
    Options
    Breaking down your objective to a smaller shorter term weight lost could help. Your ultimate goal can still be to lose 100 lbs but in the shorter term it could be 50lbs. With 17 lbs lost and objective of 50 lbs you are a 3rd of the way there. Don't give up. My short term was 66 lbs however my longer term is more like 86.
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Can't" is not in my vocabulary with anything in life. Take it out of yours too and you'll feel much better about this entire process, because that's exactly what it is.

You're already making progress so push through and you'll get there in time.
  • jentastic26
    jentastic26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Don't look at it as a diet/exercise program to lose weight. Look at it as a lifestyle that you have adopted to get your body as healthy as possible. We only get one body and we need to take care of it. Don't get on the scale any more than once per week, maybe even just every other week. The scale can fluctuate so much for a variety of reasons and that can get you down in a hurry! Just keep plugging along and you will see small changes that will soon become big changes. Good luck!