dudes that cook?

Options

Replies

• ozSeptember
    Options
    I too cook, bake and make desserts. I usually try and stick with the healthier versions, then it's not so bad if I have seconds.

Nothing like a low fat chocolate muffin :).
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I've been cooking unsupervised since I was 6 or 7 years old. I'm no gourmet, but I'm not slouch either. I like simplicity in my cooking (e.g. not 3 dozen ingredients) and I don't spend 30 min "plating" something that I'm gonna gobble up in less time. However, for some reason I like to 'purrrty-up' my fruit plates. I tend to do my best work experimenting with and remixing leftovers. The first 3 are examples of what I do with leftovers:
    1) Parmesan/Panko-encrusted tilapia wrapped with applewood-smoked bacon:
    2013-01-25_Panko-parm-ncrstd-tilapia_w_ap-wood_bacon_zpse4e71a4e.jpg
    2) Chicken Parmigiana, before and after adding spaghetti (that whole 12" plateful was less than 900 cals):
    IMG_20130115_215906.jpg
    IMG_20130115_220634.jpg
    3) Kick-@$$ Waldorf (-ish) Chicken salad pockets I made to use up some leftover rotiserrie chicken, plus fruit:
    IMG_20121223_185044.jpg
    4) A typical fruit plate that I eat a few times a week:
    IMG_20121215_164729.jpg

Yes, all of the above were done by me... no cookbook, just hunger/frugality-inspired cooking!

Whatcha think, ladies?! :smokin:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I've been cooking unsupervised since I was 6 or 7 years old. I'm no gourmet, but I'm not slouch either. I like simplicity in my cooking (e.g. not 3 dozen ingredients) and I don't spend 30 min "plating" something that I'm gonna gobble up in less time. However, for some reason I like to 'purrrty-up' my fruit plates. I tend to do my best work experimenting with and remixing leftovers. The first 3 are examples of what I do with leftovers:

Yes, all of the above were done by me... no cookbook, just hunger/frugality-inspired cooking!

Whatcha think, ladies?! :smokin:

I think I just found my next ex husband. I'm a sucker for a guy that can cook. Or a girl, I don't discriminate.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Nope. I love doing it as well. I'm pretty darn good at it too.

I second this because I have seen pics of his amazing creations!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I love cooking new things.... and usually I don't screw it up!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Nope. I love doing it as well. I'm pretty darn good at it too.

I second this because I have seen pics of his amazing creations!

:flowerforyou:
  • Ashiieepuff
    Options
    This thread gives me a ladyboner.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    014.jpg
  • Cp731
    Options
    Here we go, other 1/2 of the narly guys cooking

menscookingclass2012-010.jpg
  • Cp731
    Options
    For realz

Chefs.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    D-d-d-double fail! Will she go for the triple?!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Certified chef, here. I got out of the business when I realized all chefs are divorced alcoholics. Turns out, it's kind of a rite of passage. Not what I wanted. Now I cook at home. And YES, it's how I bagged my wife.

The kitchen is a wondrous, magical place. Great things can happen in a well stocked kitchen. Especially when the kids are off on a play date.

I do all the family cooking, including baking. However, a few of my children are taking interest in the joys of cooking, and now join me. It makes for some special father/daughter one on one bonding moments. Plus, it builds pride and self confidence in them when they're able to make a perfect béchamel, or hollandaise, or properly roasted asparagus, or just whatever they're helping with. We have fun watching the the TV show Chopped. The kids like to plan what they would each make with the mystery basket ingredients. Occasionally, it has inspired them to go in the kitchen with me and try something that piqued their imagination. It doesn't get much cooler than that.
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    so im a guy and honestly i love to cook and bake. is that weird?
    no, sounds awesome to me
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No, cooking is an important skill that deserves respect, and baking is a creative outlet that allows you to create something magical out of things that are otherwise useless. I have huge respect for both. As a child I baked because it was the closest thing to being a witch like ones in my favourite children's books, I didn't want to live in a world that didn't contain magic. I pretty much still think that when I bake ;) Stand tall and proud; get a really girly apron as a joke to shut up your friends ;)If you laugh along they can't laugh at you :happy:
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Certified chef, here. I got out of the business when I realized all chefs are divorced alcoholics. Turns out, it's kind of a rite of passage. Not what I wanted. Now I cook at home. And YES, it's how I bagged my wife.

The kitchen is a wondrous, magical place. Great things can happen in a well stocked kitchen. Especially when the kids are off on a play date.

I do all the family cooking, including baking. However, a few of my children are taking interest in the joys of cooking, and now join me. It makes for some special father/daughter one on one bonding moments. Plus, it builds pride and self confidence in them when they're able to make a perfect béchamel, or hollandaise, or properly roasted asparagus, or just whatever they're helping with. We have fun watching the the TV show Chopped. The kids like to plan what they would each make with the mystery basket ingredients. Occasionally, it has inspired them to go in the kitchen with me and try something that piqued their imagination. It doesn't get much cooler than that.

You the man!
  • LLaceFace
    LLaceFace Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A man that can cook a great meal and entertain is way better than an expensive date in my book.
    Shows character, personality, and commitment. It takes a lot more effort to cook for a woman than it does to take her out :)
    Men r so sexy in the kitchen lol
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    How YOU doin....

Love that!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me a ladyboner.

I've never heard that before, but I think I'm in agreement with you! LOL
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Cooking and baking is borderline therapeutic for me, it's a very relaxing activity. Also, it helps a lot with the ladies if you are single.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Love it, Extremely attractive....I would surrender to his will and be his forever