6 Nations Rugby

Options

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    My 2 favourite anthems today. Wales (of course) v Scotland.

Playing at home I suspect Scotland will win the anthems, but I'm going for Wales by 7.

I was wrong - Wales win by 10

Wales v England next week for the Champonship. :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Playing at home I suspect Scotland will win the anthems, but I'm going for Wales by 7.

Can't wait - I'm spending the day in the pub watching all the games and celebrating my birthday as well. England wining would make it an excellent day :drinker:
  • ladyraven68
    Options

Can't wait - I'm spending the day in the pub watching all the games and celebrating my birthday as well. England wining would make it an excellent day :drinker:

and I'd love a Wales win to spoil the party, but this year I haven't been inspired by any team. All I can say is whoever made France favourites should be shot!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

and I'd love a Wales win to spoil the party, but this year I haven't been inspired by any team. All I can say is whoever made France favourites should be shot!

Totally agree :laugh: well not the Wales winning part.......
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    C'mon Ireleand!!!!
  • ladyraven68
    Options
    Well my husband is English so he is currently happy. I'm Scottish and just hope we don't get the wooden spoon. ...again!

don't worry, I think France have that sewn up.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    How come Ireland-France has 3 anthems?

No doubt Les Grenouilles will put the wooden spoon to good use whipping a sauce, either in Brussells or at the dinner table.
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    Did you see any of the girlies' rugby - running and passing and outmanoeuvering just like the men's game used to be before they started this running straight at the opposition and "playing the ball off the ground" - gettting like League (pause to vigorously wash mouth out)
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    GO ENGLAND :drinker:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Hmmm, go a bit better please :flowerforyou:
  • ladyraven68
    Options
    Hmmm, go a bit better please :flowerforyou:

So, next week.....

if England win - they win the Championship & the Grand Slam
    If Wales win by 6 or less, England still win the championship, but no GS
    if Wales win by 7 or more - Wales win the Championship.

oooh, exciting game next week!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    England went to Twickenham a few years back it was amazing

Yes they did, But my dough is on Ireland this year....Yea baby
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    If the ref had cleaned his glasses and seen that it was not an Italian knock-on then Italy would have scored and England would have lost - against Italy!!! Is there any point in them leaving the dressing room next week?
  • ladyraven68
    Options
    Excited now - got friends over for Super Saturday.

6 Nations menu is

Game 1 - Italy v Ireland - Mozzarella, tomato &basil on ciabatta - Peroni lager, or Murphys beer (G&T for me)

Game 2 - Wales v England - Not sure of mains yet, but beers will be Gwynt y DDraig Cider, or Rhymney Ale, and some Old Peculiar/speckled hen/Bombadier (G&T for me)

Game 3 - Scotland v France - Champagne hopefully after Wales win :) French cheese and biscuits, scottish shortbread, Scottish Beers/lager and french Brandy (G&T for me)

Could get messy.

have a great day everyone!
  • _Fatty2Fitty_
    _Fatty2Fitty_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinker:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where I can watch these in the states?
  • ladyraven68
    Options
    Excited now - got friends over for Super Saturday.

6 Nations menu is

Game 1 - Italy v Ireland - Mozzarella, tomato &basil on ciabatta - Peroni lager, or Murphys beer (G&T for me)

Game 2 - Wales v England - Not sure of mains yet, but beers will be Gwynt y DDraig Cider, or Rhymney Ale, and some Old Peculiar/speckled hen/Bombadier (G&T for me)

Game 3 - Scotland v France - Champagne hopefully after Wales win :) French cheese and biscuits, scottish shortbread, Scottish Beers/lager and french Brandy (G&T for me)

Could get messy.

have a great day everyone!

And that was a fabulous end to the tournament (if you are Welsh )

Better luck next year everyone.

Wales are 6 nations champions, again. :)
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    If the ref had cleaned his glasses and seen that it was not an Italian knock-on then Italy would have scored and England would have lost - against Italy!!! Is there any point in them leaving the dressing room next week?

apparently not
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    confetti.gif Ireland won the Grand Slam....in the Ladies Six Nations.

:bigsmile:

Maybe Declan Kidney should bring the men to watch the ladies play rugby so they get an idea of how to do it. :laugh:
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    England were beaten by the better team, but at the start of the game I knew it would be a tough one with that ref, he was poor, very poor. The scrum was a joke and he let wales get away with murder. High tackles, not releasing, hands in the ruck grrrrr

Oh well, congratulations Wales