To FAT for pictures! ugh...

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This is a huge eye opener! I don't have any picture of my daughter and I together but two! what would she think if something happened to me.Thank you so much!

OMG crying again!
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • MonicaRafie
    Options
    Love it - thank you!
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome post. I know a lot of us are in this boat, myself included, however I'm taking pictures to document everything so I see my progress. I'm no longer camera shy, but now use it as a tool to help me. :-)
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful post. xo
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I used to systematically pick out every photo of me and destroy it back when we sent pictures out to be developed. Then my daughter caught me. The lecture I got was even better than the above read.

(I still delete pictures of me, but not all of them.)
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post. I see myself in this story. No photographs and keeping myself hidden from the public. God forbid I go to the store and see somebody I used to know before I got this fat. What an eye opener. Thanks!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to clarify I didn't write the post, only shared. It really touched home with me, and I was sure it would with others.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The article brought tears to my eyes, especially this:

"Do you know what my mom sees when she looks at this picture? Her beautiful family all together.
    Do you know what my husband sees? The family he gained the moment he met me (and how much he looks like my dad…)
    Do you know what my dad sees? The happy family he has worked for every day of his life.
    Do you know what my brother sees? That he got away with wearing shorts… :)"
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I can't stop crying. What a wonderful, insightful post! It is so true that it often takes a life threatening experience for us to get back to what is really important in our lives. I wish everyone who carries some extra weight could read this!!
  • Chibea
    Options
    bump
  • Nah113
    Nah113 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't get encouraged about losing weight because it's just a setup for disappointment

However, the curmudgeon (me) is now encouraged. :grumble:
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I think I take too many pictures, just never of my whole body. I love having family photos to look back on :)

(Esp. When I can trick the camera into making me look skinnier than I am :wink: )
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Great post, I have always avoided group photos because there was no guarantee of a good shot, until about three years ago anyway when I realized I have a lot of great pics of my friends together, but none of them with me. I accepted I do not always have to have that one angle where I look the way I want to, I'd rather have the memories with my friends.
  • Chibea
    Options
    Bump
  • Roxanna40
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I really needed to hear this!
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Mimisam45
    Mimisam45 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    :sad:

This broke my heart, I never let my family take my picture!!
  • Chibea
    Options
    Bump for more peeps to read this~
  • Maustullio
    Options
    Thank you for being so heart warmingly honest - you are so right - life is way too short to hide from it xxx