To FAT for pictures! ugh...

Options

Replies

• amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think this was the little bit of empowerment that I've been searching for. Thank you for this.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    so sincere, so true. fabulous read!
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This really Hit home.. THANK YOU!!:flowerforyou:
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Crying. Reality check. No, seriously...crying.

This. ^^^ :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I read this, thanks for posting! :heart:
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What a great post. I don't have any professional pictures with my children. I know what I am going to for Mother's Day this year :smile:
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Crying. Reality check. No, seriously...crying.

me too AT WORK!!!!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You're awesome and a really great writer. Thanks for posting.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Made me cry too. How true.. when we love someone we don't judge them for how they look. There are more important things in life.
  • BvilleLove
    Options
    That was soooo touching...thank you!
  • ztor
    ztor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and picture!! This is how I feel in my family photos as well. The pictures I hate the most though are the ones my friends take of me and they look great in them, while I'm there with my rolls and all :sad:
  • cbailey28072
    Options
    I would like to add that this picture shows something else that I think is important too. I would like to point out how you are dressed -- you chose a style and colors that complimented your figure. You also used a beautiful and interesting necklace to accent your outfit. The entire effect is pleasing to the eye and says to me "this person is confident, happy and outgoing."

I like that you think well of yourself enough to put some care into your appearance and not just wear "whatever" thinking you will buy a nice wardrobe when you are at your goal weight. I think it shows self-respect to put one's best foot forward at every stage along the way of the journey.

A book that really opened my eyes to this was Jan Larkey's "Flatter Your Figure.". I appreciated how she described in detail how to choose clothes in a way that made me feel good about my appearance, no matter what weight I was or what "figure flaws" I might have.
  • redbreastedsapsucker
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Yes, I don't like pictures to be taken of myself either! I try to avoid it at all cost! I still haven't gotten past the camera phobia bit either, but I'm also very new at this too, since I've just joined. But thanks again for sharing, it makes us all pause and think about how ridiculous we all can be!! :smile:
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That is just beautiful!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    That was great! Thanks for posting.

While I was fat I didn't have my picture taken once. Now I have no visual memories of all these wonderful things that happened in my life. It really makes me sad.
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I commented on this post when it was first put up, and because of reading it I had the most fun ever taking pictures and being in pictures just last night with my family. I never once said, while looking back over them "oh gross I look so fat". This post seriously gave me a whole new perspective about being in pictures. And honestly, I think I looked happier in the photos because I wasn't so concerned about how my body looked. I wanted to come back and say this, in hopes that other people will read it and get the same feeling I did. Again, thank you OP!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I commented on this post when it was first put up, and because of reading it I had the most fun ever taking pictures and being in pictures just last night with my family. I never once said, while looking back over them "oh gross I look so fat". This post seriously gave me a whole new perspective about being in pictures. And honestly, I think I looked happier in the photos because I wasn't so concerned about how my body looked. I wanted to come back and say this, in hopes that other people will read it and get the same feeling I did. Again, thank you OP!

:heart:
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

Agree on the part where you say you looked happier in the photos when you're not so concerned with how the body looks. I can honestly say I've noticed this with myself. When I'm content and not "trying" to look skinnier or posed or perfect, I feel pictures come out the best! But when someone wants to take a pic and I think "suck it in, you ate too much at dinner".. etc (anything semi negative)., thats when the pics look the worst!

Either way though.. great post OP!!! I really enjoyed this.