This may be a load of rubbish but worth posting

Options

Replies

• Malaika946
    Malaika946 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This is the song that doesn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll keep right on singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll keep right on singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll keep right on singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll keep right on singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll keep right on singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. And they'll keep right on singing it forever just because this

And goes on and on and ooonn
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mhoiu5sPXa1s45njlo1_250.jpg
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Aspartame causes cancer the same way sugar causes diabetes. As in yeah if you are sucking it down almost exclusively you will definitely have problems.

exactly. You have to be overconsuming this stuff for it to cause any medical issues. One diet pop a day isn't nearly enough to cause any kind of damage. Just like a little bit of chocolate every day isn't going to make you fat.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Well that's taught me a lesson, story if I have caused offence it was not intentional and I don't think I will be raising a new topic anytime soon.....
    The problem isn't so much with raising a topic, it's more with... Ah, well, look at the title you chose for your post-- You knew yourself that there was a chance that it was alarmist and not scientifically viable. People in turn reacted to that, and that's it, nothing personal. I bet you now have more information on aspartame than you ever imagined! :)
  • ChristiCare
    ChristiCare Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting, and there is something to it regardless of what the FDA says.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I think more people should buy into this kind of logic. If fewer people are dying diet cokes it'll drive the prices down, and then my drinks will be cheaper!
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    diet sodas and some lip balms (think the really sweet fruity ones) give me headaches.
    that is why i stay away from artificial sweeteners: empirical evidence. makes ME sick.
  • MartialAngel
    MartialAngel Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think it's ridiculous that the OP originally stated that they didn't know if it is true or not, and merely posted as a topic of discussion, and still half the people on here are being rude and mocking back to the OP. There was no reason for that. The article didn't say it would cure all the diseases for everyone. It said if you drink diet soda and have the symptoms, you MIGHT be able to reverse symptoms by not drinking it. Those of you that have the diseases and don't consume any aspartame would've had no reason to be offended, should they have read the entire article. Nobody said anything disrespectful to you. Nobody is hurting you. There was no reason for any of you to have been mean or rude to the OP. Personally, I'd like to thank you for posting the article, OP, because I DID find it an interesting read. Thanks for giving me a new research project! Don't let these guys get you down just because they don't like or agree with what you posted. You keep doing your thing.
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I wish we all would realize that these things are "ok" to post. Even if it helped ONE SINGLE PERSON figure out why they aren't feeling well, or worse, how can that be a bad thing. If we figure this is an "alarmist" post well maybe we are alarmed because we know we are consuming a lot of chemicals. All I'm saying is why not listen to both sides and forget the rude remarks to others. Do we REALLY believe she posted it to piss people off?? She heard of someone getting really sick and wanted to pass it on to help others, I choose to believe that.

Maybe whatever we are eating or drinking is making us *****y, angry, mean and nasty to others. I speak from experience.

Denise
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    ditto
    I think it's ridiculous that the OP originally stated that they didn't know if it is true or not, and merely posted as a topic of discussion, and still half the people on here are being rude and mocking back to the OP. There was no reason for that. The article didn't say it would cure all the diseases for everyone. It said if you drink diet soda and have the symptoms, you MIGHT be able to reverse symptoms by not drinking it. Those of you that have the diseases and don't consume any aspartame would've had no reason to be offended, should they have read the entire article. Nobody said anything disrespectful to you. Nobody is hurting you. There was no reason for any of you to have been mean or rude to the OP. Personally, I'd like to thank you for posting the article, OP, because I DID find it an interesting read. Thanks for giving me a new research project! Don't let these guys get you down just because they don't like or agree with what you posted. You keep doing your thing.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Ditto
    thanks for posting, and there is something to it regardless of what the FDA says.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Why do people post things but say "Don't slam me! I didn't do any kind of investigation of any kind on my behalf. I'm just going to perpetuate misinformation because I saw it on Facebook and everybody knows, Facebook is the be all end all."

Seriously.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I wish we all would realize that these things are "ok" to post. Even if it helped ONE SINGLE PERSON figure out why they aren't feeling well, or worse, how can that be a bad thing. If we figure this is an "alarmist" post well maybe we are alarmed because we know we are consuming a lot of chemicals. All I'm saying is why not listen to both sides and forget the rude remarks to others. Do we REALLY believe she posted it to piss people off?? She heard of someone getting really sick and wanted to pass it on to help others, I choose to believe that.

Maybe whatever we are eating or drinking is making us *****y, angry, mean and nasty to others. I speak from experience.

Denise

Because there is no "other side." There's scientific evidence and there's tin-foil hattery. Facts are not like puppies: you don't get to pick the one you like the best.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

This also applies to cases of tinnitus and fibromyalgia. During a lecture, I said, 'If you are using ASPARTAME (Nutra Sweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc) and you suffer from fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting, pains, numbness in your legs,
    Cramps,
    Vertigo,
    Dizziness,
    Headaches,
    Tinnitus,
    Joint pain,
    Unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, or memory loss you probably have ASPARTAME poisoning!'

Shoot.. and I thought it was simply my monthly friend.. or the after affects of alochol..
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    According to Snopes.com this is an urban legend.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't drink a can of soda (diet or regular).... They are both terrible for you!!! I prefer "real" food and drink that has some benefit!!!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    blah blah blah if it helps even just ONE person it's worthwhile blah blah blah

To counter that:
    Some people are afraid of going to the doctor, it makes them uneasy and they'd much rather opt for a 'natural' treatment as it's less intimidating/cheaper/easier/more likely to enable them to ignore the problem instead of facing facts. Messages to the tune of 'you may be able to fix your issue by simply doing this one thing at home and then you'll feel better' are extremely appealing because, as mentioned above, going to the doctor can be intimidating/expensive/a hassle/whatever.

So what do you do if that post hurts just ONE person because they convinced themselves they have an aspartame allergy and nix the diet soda instead of going to the doctor? It works both ways.

You don't have to trust organizations like the FDA, but they are an agency designed to protect the public. Unless you have damn good proof that they're wrong, it's far better for people to trust that agency over some random stranger on the internet.

Also, if you're sick, GO TO THE DOCTOR.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I have MS, Fibro and RA and never drank diet sodas in my life. If someone is diagnosed with MS and then boom everything is gone after they quit drinking diet soda's then they never had MS in the first place. It is very hard to diagnose MS. There is no one test to confirm it. A negative spinal tap does not mean you do not have MS. It just means its not showing up yet in the spinal fluid. MRI"s are not all that accurate either and it depends on the ability and knowledge of the dr. who is reading those MRI's. I have seen this story going around the internet for the past 15 years ever since I was diagnosed. It's total BULL!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have MS, Fibro and RA and never drank diet sodas in my life. If someone is diagnosed with MS and then boom everything is gone after they quit drinking diet soda's then they never had MS in the first place. It is very hard to diagnose MS. There is no one test to confirm it. A negative spinal tap does not mean you do not have MS. It just means its not showing up yet in the spinal fluid. MRI"s are not all that accurate either and it depends on the ability and knowledge of the dr. who is reading those MRI's. I have seen this story going around the internet for the past 15 years ever since I was diagnosed. It's total BULL!
    ^^This^^