The teeny tiny little successes

Options
... like eating a fruit instead of a candy bar.
... like drinking water with crystal lite, instead of soda.
... like taking stairs instead of elevator.

This is the thread for those. I'm just starting out, so don't have anything to report in weight loss, really... but this thought struck me as I threw myself into an elevator (yeah yeah, I fail on the stairs thing for today), to avoid stopping in at the store where I've spent way too much money on candy, in the last few months.

My tiny success? I ran away from the temptation, came upstairs, and zapped my leftover soup, had my 13 crackers (one portion), and a bottle of water, with a banana for sweet. No candy.

I hope this thread becomes a daily thing for people- just the tiny successes of their day.

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    I walked three flights of stairs yesterday and thought I was going to die. Amazing how out of shape I am.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I had 2 tootsie rolls instead of 10. Or 30.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I walked past The English Sweet Shop and Cobb's Bakery without going in and am on my second liter of water with no crysal light. I took the stairs down and plan on taking them up (one step at a time) soon (like maybe Monday)
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I had 2 tootsie rolls instead of 10. Or 30.

I love tootsie rolls, we have them and werthers candies in our reception area
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, ladies!!!

arielle, I hear you about lots of one thing- I started in on my crackers with my soup, and was just gnoshing, so I had to zip the bag up and literally threw them into my cupboard.

*shaking my head*
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I by-passed the doughnuts at work today!
  • sarahhnash
    Options
    I just got back from a co-workers birthday lunch. I skipped all the cakes, breads, dips and the like and just went for green salad and a fresh roll. whoop!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Woohoo!

Right on, ladies!

These are fabulous!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I packed my gym stuff in my school bag so I could go right after classes today, no excuses or distractions.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Found out yesterday that i can fit back into my size 14 pants! Though some are still too tight, others are fitting me perfectly! Yay for dropping my first pant size! :)

Oh and yay for getting in all my water plus some for the last week

And yay for working out REALLY hard the last two days!

OH! and one final yay, yay for not having to get my wisdom teeth removed on my birthday weekend after all!!!

And i really like this little topic! CUTE!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Congratulations, B, and Sunsh1ne!
  • happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    TWO WEEKS since I've eaten fast food!
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    I turned down going out to eat w/ friends tonight to go for a run instead. We're meeting up later after dinner for a movie. :)
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I haven't stopped at the vending machine all week! Haven't had any chocolate :) (Although... I did purposely leave my money at home):laugh:
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    angi, JJ and swiss- these are great! I know that I have my fast food and vending machine cravings.

Congratulations y'all!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    ... like eating a fruit instead of a candy bar.
    ... like drinking water with crystal lite, instead of soda.
    ... like taking stairs instead of elevator.

This is the thread for those. I'm just starting out, so don't have anything to report in weight loss, really... but this thought struck me as I threw myself into an elevator (yeah yeah, I fail on the stairs thing for today), to avoid stopping in at the store where I've spent way too much money on candy, in the last few months.

My tiny success? I ran away from the temptation, came upstairs, and zapped my leftover soup, had my 13 crackers (one portion), and a bottle of water, with a banana for sweet. No candy.

I hope this thread becomes a daily thing for people- just the tiny successes of their day.

Little successes is what life and victory are made of! I am very proud of you!
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    I walked past The English Sweet Shop and Cobb's Bakery without going in and am on my second liter of water with no crysal light. I took the stairs down and plan on taking them up (one step at a time) soon (like maybe Monday)

COBBS AND THE ENGLISH SWEET SHOP!! You have more willpower then me!! Cobbs is one of my downfalls....

I had a fruit bar instead of a chocolate bar from the vending machine!!
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    TWO WEEKS since I've eaten fast food!

YAY!! Fast food is a hard one...
  • dino_morgan
    dino_morgan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I ate six Whoppers (the malted milk balls) at work today instead of the whole box.
    I also managed to avoid all of the chocolate and Reese's (my favorite) in the bowl.
    Plus, I did the entire Gold's Gym Resistance Tube Workout
    :happy:
  • anne28
    anne28 Posts: 10
    Options
    had a Vitamuffin instead of a snack at Starbucks, and got the skinny cinnamon dolce latte, only 90 calories
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!