The teeny tiny little successes

Options

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I walked past The English Sweet Shop and Cobb's Bakery without going in and am on my second liter of water with no crysal light. I took the stairs down and plan on taking them up (one step at a time) soon (like maybe Monday)

COBBS AND THE ENGLISH SWEET SHOP!! You have more willpower then me!! Cobbs is one of my downfalls....

I had a fruit bar instead of a chocolate bar from the vending machine!!

Oooh! Are you in our city?! Yay! Another local!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Congrats, folks! This is all fabulous!!

I'm not bingeing on dinner. Am starving (have cut up veggies for a good afternoon snack for tomorrow), and am still doing portion control, with room for frozen strawberries for dessert.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I said "no thank you" when a container of cupcakes (and they looked YUM) was passed around at work today.
  • karacaldwell2007
    Options
    I got up early this morning (on my vacation) and worked out, and I went out and played frisbee with my hubby after dinner! And i ENJOYED both the work-out and the frisbee!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Somi and Kara- I'm so proud of you both!

Yay!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My husband ordered Chinese food and I had some and did not like it. I tasted all the grease in the food. So I put my plate down and grabbed something healthier :)
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    My husband ordered Chinese food and I had some and did not like it. I tasted all the grease in the food. So I put my plate down and grabbed something healthier :)

Kudos!
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    I walked up a flight of stairs using my bad knee (carefully)!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I walked up a flight of stairs using my bad knee (carefully)!

Well done!
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    went to my favorite restaurant, skipped all my normal favorites, and chose a healthy salad, with NO dressing, a little olive oil, and NO extra fluff besides tomatoes! ;P

p.s. I think this topic is such a great idea, you are AWESOME for creating it!
  • MrsMarvelous
    MrsMarvelous Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have not had any Soda/Pop or coffee for 7 weeks... gahhh :explode: it was HARD i really missed my diet code red!! but now i drink almost 2 liters of water with crystal light and im likeing that a lot :drinker: :bigsmile: ALSO when my kids offer me or anyone for that matter sweets or candy bars i say no thanks and tell them im trying to watch what im eatting... :flowerforyou:
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    The little successes quickly build up.

Each day I say no to chocolate, fizzy drinks and junk food. So far I've had no chocolate or fizzy drinks for 3 weeks. I do treat myself on a Friday to a zinger burger from KFC but I have a 5 hour drive home so it is something to look forward to. The difference is I used to have the whole meal deal (burger, 2 hot wings, chips, coleslaw and coke) but I now just have the burger.

At work there are cakes and doughnuts arriving pretty much every day and I've not had a single one for weeks. Each day for me is a tiny success :smile:
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    B, Marvelous, and simon-

these are fabulous successes!

My success for today is that, for the first time in ... months (except when I've been sick), I got over 8 hours of sleep last night.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    B, Marvelous, and simon-

these are fabulous successes!

My success for today is that, for the first time in ... months (except when I've been sick), I got over 8 hours of sleep last night.

Nicely done! I walked up all three flights of stairs to our office this morning. :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    The 'little successes' really add up guys! I'm proud of you all!
    I gave up coffee for New Years and alcohol for Lent and I haven't caved once. My body is much happier and my caffiene headaches have stopped.
  • VictorianJade
    Options

Nicely done! I walked up all three flights of stairs to our office this morning. :)

Me too!

^5!!

You look great today, by the way. Lovely colour on you.

And TMOA (can I call you Maid?) - those are TOUGH things to give up! Am so proud of you!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Me too!

^5!!

You look great today, by the way. Lovely colour on you.

And TMOA (can I call you Maid?) - those are TOUGH things to give up! Am so proud of you!!

Sure thing...that's what everyone calls me.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Sure thing...that's what everyone calls me.

Thanks!

And my little success- rather than eating all of the rice that I had with my meal, I picked out the veggies and beef strips, and had only about a half cup of rice. Woot!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    took the kids to see movie alice and wonderland and did not eat popcorn or pop just got big bottle of water instead :)
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    took the kids to see movie alice and wonderland and did not eat popcorn or pop just got big bottle of water instead :)

Right on!

(how'd you like the movie?)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!