The teeny tiny little successes

Options

Replies

• jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Went for my walk today for the first time is 13 days (damn strep), did most of it, had to cut out a part because I was out of breath after one flight of stairs, and then walked up the 3 flights of stairs to our office again afterwards.
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I passed on the Boston Creme donut today, and boy howdy was it calling my name! I am on day 3 in a row of doing a step aerobics program that has always kicked my butt, and it still is, but I'm sticking with it. I'll beat you Gin Milller, I will :grumble:
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Went for my walk today for the first time is 13 days (damn strep), did most of it, had to cut out a part because I was out of breath after one flight of stairs, and then walked up the 3 flights of stairs to our office again afterwards.

Wtg, jewel.

And klt- well done!

I failed when I ate a muffin. I succeeded when I passed up salt-water taffy.
  • murphmom7
    Options
    I had a jello pudding cup today & a yogurt yesterday instead of ice cream or candy.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I pulled on my new slacks without having to unbutton them this morning!! (just bought them 3 weeks ago and they were a little tight!)
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I pulled on my new slacks without having to unbutton them this morning!! (just bought them 3 weeks ago and they were a little tight!)

Well done Msbanana :flowerforyou:
  • sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    VictoriaJade,

The SLEEP thing is HUGE! I had been pushing myself for years, working 2-3 jobs at a time and not getting sleep, and then had baby, and it wasn't until he slept through the night at 4 years old, that I decided that SLEEP was going to be my 1 thing that I did to be heatlhy.
    After a year of decent sleep, then I felt well enough to try to focus on other things like portion control and exercise. The portion control came first, but SLEEP was still my primary base for anything else. SLEEPing meant I didn't have the late night cravings to fuel myself b/c I was staying up late and that was HUGE.
    At that point I stopped putting ON weight. Then portion control... then exercise.. then I felt better, slept better and started eating foods that really fueled me...

...then I tore my hamstring yesterday... so today, I did punches and crunches and watched what I ate...YAY! I'm not going to give up just b/c an injury threw off my routine...

and I SLEPT for 9 hours!!! I felt so much better! I think I am even healing better/faster b/c of it!

YAY FOR SLEEP!!!!!!!
    : )
  • CABERGLUND
    Options
    I love all of your posts. It's the little things that add up. As I was reading them I realized I have not had soda since the end of December AND I DON'T MISS IT! Huge calories there. My big little thing tonight was that i did not eat anything "extra"...finishing off the kid's plates, finishing off what was in the pan. So hard for me.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    VictoriaJade,

The SLEEP thing is HUGE! I had been pushing myself for years, working 2-3 jobs at a time and not getting sleep, and then had baby, and it wasn't until he slept through the night at 4 years old, that I decided that SLEEP was going to be my 1 thing that I did to be heatlhy.
    After a year of decent sleep, then I felt well enough to try to focus on other things like portion control and exercise. The portion control came first, but SLEEP was still my primary base for anything else. SLEEPing meant I didn't have the late night cravings to fuel myself b/c I was staying up late and that was HUGE.
    At that point I stopped putting ON weight. Then portion control... then exercise.. then I felt better, slept better and started eating foods that really fueled me...

...then I tore my hamstring yesterday... so today, I did punches and crunches and watched what I ate...YAY! I'm not going to give up just b/c an injury threw off my routine...

and I SLEPT for 9 hours!!! I felt so much better! I think I am even healing better/faster b/c of it!

YAY FOR SLEEP!!!!!!!
    : )

Yay!

I'll be getting lots of sleep again tonight. I felt good today, and know that going to bed earlier will help me.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    I caught myself mindlessly eating off my kids' plates as I cleared the dinner table.
    And then when I noticed it -- this maybe TMI for some -- spat their leftovers down the kitchen disposal.
    Proud of myself for becoming mindful about eating, even as old habits die hard!
  • CABERGLUND
    Options
    I have been putting all the leftovers from their plates down the garbage dsposal RIGHT AWAY..lest I be tempted.:wink:
  • cathleen4h
    cathleen4h Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have started eating breakfast. I love applesauce (unsweetened) and v8 juice. I have started working out and now wish that our office had stairs, based upon everyone else's comments. I have started a workout time for the other ladies in our office after work and we walk a mile and chat about the day. I bring snacks from home instead of the vending machine and share my healthier snacks with others in the office. Switched to diet soda instead of regular all the time now.
  • wsucheergirl
    Options
    I turned down a homemade banana nut muffin at work...that was REALLY difficult for me.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    normally I do 20 - 25 minutes on the elliptical, 30 on a good day. Today I did 50, at a much higher RPM and felt awesome doing it. I could have done a whole hour if my mom wasn't waiting on me.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I bought three toblerone bars for the three classes I teach on Tuesdays as incentives for a game we were playing. It took ALL my will power not to buy a fourth for myself and not to eat any of the chocolate given out to my students. Woohoo!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Today I doubled my strength training sets! (From one to two, lol) I don't normally "have time" on Wednesdays but I made time, and it was totally worth it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Today I only had four Hershey's Kisses with almonds instead of eating half the bag. :laugh:
  • aclarem
    aclarem Posts: 12
    Options
    I have had all 8 glasses of water every day this week! Woo hoo!
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    *standing O for everyone in this thread*

Yay!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I watched ANTM last night...and didn't snack during it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!