Is anyone using New Direction products for weight loss?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,729 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Zombie thread and terrible topic. Sidestepping that VLCDs are against the TOS of MFP.

--if you convince yourself not to eat for a magical weight loss interval under the "I'll tough it out and win" theory, you will lose weight while actively toughing it out.

--if spending lots of money makes you more likely to tough it out because you have now shown your commitment with your pocket-book, spending money will make you more likely to adhere for a while.

--If you send me money now, and you don't consume calories, you will lose weight--ok: where's my money? :lol:

--very few people will manage to transition from weight loss to multi year maintenance successfully.

--I don't see how learning nothing about maintenance and entering maintenance from a position of the worst possible hormonal balance and setup with zero prior exploration of long term eating, moving, life and any sort of future maintenance strategies will enhance your already low odds for long term success.

Successful weight loss buys tickets to a maintenance lottery.

Sort of like a 50-50 draw which draws many winners as opposed to only one. But, still--for sure--way more than half of the participants will fall by the wayside during early maintenance.

You can go into the draw with only one ticket. OR you can stack your odds by collecting lots of tickets on your way there.

I'm glad I stacked my odds as much as possible between 2014 and 2016 collecting all the little tickets I could. It has been very helpful these past 5 years.
  • babygtbck14
    babygtbck14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am reading a lot of negativity from people who probably have no idea about this plan. My doctor put me on it after years of trying on my own. I have thyroid and metabolic issues that were preventing me from losing. i did the 1,200 calorie diets faithfully and the scale would not budge. Don't judge people for things you know nothing about.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I just started a weight loss program called New Direction.

Isn't that a boy band?

LOL I thought that too
This discussion has been closed.