mens opinions needed....

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    But what about your needs? This idea that a woman's vagina is some sacred token that must only be given to the most worthy of suitor is crazycakes. You deserve to enjoy physical contact with men just as much as they want to enjoy it with you... guys aren't the only ones that enjoy sex... this has very little to do with your overall dating thread and more to do with something that I think is wrong with ALL of the dating world.

But seriously, it's just sex.

sex is big self respect thing to me. most people now a days dont really get it. everyone throws there gentials around like confetti. i dont lkike that especailly with all the stds and werid **** going around

That's fine girl! I know you said you weren't sure of a better word, but "celibate" is a pretty heavy duty "NO SEX" often with religious connotations, so I think that's why people went, "Woahwoahwoah!"

Also, I'd point out: It's not a fair statement to say "everyone throws their genitals around like confetti"; if people are being safe and consensual about it, that's fine. If you don't want to have sex like that, it's also fine. No need to minimize an opposite standpoint (and I guarantee, people were only pointing out the celibacy thing because they wanted to be sure you were ultimately happy and healthy with your sex life, too).
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    But what about your needs? This idea that a woman's vagina is some sacred token that must only be given to the most worthy of suitor is crazycakes. You deserve to enjoy physical contact with men just as much as they want to enjoy it with you... guys aren't the only ones that enjoy sex... this has very little to do with your overall dating thread and more to do with something that I think is wrong with ALL of the dating world.

sex is big self respect thing to me. most people now a days dont really get it. everyone throws there gentials around like confetti. i dont lkike that especailly with all the stds and werid **** going around

510f6fd97298d.image.jpg

hahah omg so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Be yourself. If they don't like it, they're not the one for you.

This this THIS!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can dig it... maybe if you said, "I'd like to get to know a guy a bit better before I bang it out..." people would get what you're saying. I have no issues with enjoying a guy's company and getting to know him a bit better just in case he has some habits that would make him a good candidate for Valtrex... but yeah, "celebate" is a heavy word.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Intelligence, humor, self-reliance
    Smile, eyes

For self-relience, I will say I never wanted a stay at home wife or 'trophy wife'. I like a girl who has her own ambitions and career.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hey, I can dig it... maybe if you said, "I'd like to get to know a guy a bit better before I bang it out..." people would get what you're saying. I have no issues with enjoying a guy's company and getting to know him a bit better just in case he has some habits that would make him a good candidate for Valtrex... but yeah, "celebate" is a heavy word.

So are we talking minutes, hours, or days with you? LOL
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Then just go out and find some guys to bang. Eventually one of those will be cool and like you back.
    im celebate so no sex :sad:

Why? And secondly, why are you in search of a man to date if you're not going to have sex? You're an adult, and sex is part of a healthy adult relationship.

If you're not looking for a husband/male sex partner, then just go hang out with large groups of people and sort out men and women that you enjoy the company of and hang out with them.

You seem to be making this way harder on yourself than it needs to.

Ok I got sucked back in.

Why the hell not? If she wants to wait or abstain from sex thats her decision and it should be respected, regardless of her beliefs behind it.

Well, if she's not looking to have sex until marriage, then I think she will probably be better off seeking out friends of both sexes to spend time with and enrich her life. If she spent less time worrying about what kind of man she wants, and what kind of man wants her, etc. etc. blah blah, she will have a nice, relaxing life full of fun and adventure, and eventually the right guy will come along... because, as a confident woman, she is following her life path as an independent person (which makes everyone more attractive.)

I am completely failing to see where sex plays into this. Is it nice? Definitely. Fun? Hell yeah. But what does that have anything to do with 'enriching her life' and...anything you said. If anything the lack thereof would probably make leading life as an independent person easier, and having sex when someone doesn't personally feel ready would NOT help ANYONE'S confidence levels.

Like you said, its just sex. Why the hell does it matter at all if she doesn't want to have it? What she does with her body is up to her and as someone she presumably doesn't know very well (because if you two did know eachother, you'd probably know this as well) you have no say in what she gets or doesn't get to do with it.
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    I like a woman who I can have an intellectual conversation with. Science, history, politics. I find that attractive. And a sense of humor

Hi, where do you live sir?

That is so politically correct...
  • Timshel_
    Options
    jeez thank u i thought this was a good way to be but more and more ppl give me **** for it and teaser me

And marketing these days drips of sex and promiscuity. I understand (though, I am CERTAINLY no roll model - eek)
  • whitneyps7
    Options

months lol its been a while.....like A WHILE lol since i have but if i met someone say today and we hit it off we wouldnt be having sex till maybe june or july at the earliest
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Then just go out and find some guys to bang. Eventually one of those will be cool and like you back.

Why? And secondly, why are you in search of a man to date if you're not going to have sex? You're an adult, and sex is part of a healthy adult relationship.

If you're not looking for a husband/male sex partner, then just go hang out with large groups of people and sort out men and women that you enjoy the company of and hang out with them.

Ok I got sucked back in.

Why the hell not? If she wants to wait or abstain from sex thats her decision and it should be respected, regardless of her beliefs behind it.

Well, if she's not looking to have sex until marriage, then I think she will probably be better off seeking out friends of both sexes to spend time with and enrich her life. If she spent less time worrying about what kind of man she wants, and what kind of man wants her, etc. etc. blah blah, she will have a nice, relaxing life full of fun and adventure, and eventually the right guy will come along... because, as a confident woman, she is following her life path as an independent person (which makes everyone more attractive.)

I am completely failing to see where sex plays into this. Is it nice? Definitely. Fun? Hell yeah. But what does that have anything to do with 'enriching her life' and...anything you said. If anything the lack thereof would probably make leading life as an independent person easier, and having sex when someone doesn't personally feel ready would NOT help ANYONE'S confidence levels.

Like you said, its just sex. Why the hell does it matter at all if she doesn't want to have it? What she does with her body is up to her and as someone she presumably doesn't know very well (because if you two did know eachother, you'd probably know this as well) you have no say in what she gets or doesn't get to do with it.

You are like, getting really defensive! What I said, since I think you've got your rage glasses on, is that if she is choosing to not have sex, there are other ways to enrich her life besides seeking out a (specifically) male counterpart for one-on-one dating interaction.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like my peanut butter smooth, sometimes chunky. A grilled PB&J with chunky peanut butter rocks my socks.
  • infamousmk
    Options

Who? Me? I usually like to know your first name, and some times that's optional if we're short on time.
  • whitneyps7
    Options

That's fine girl! I know you said you weren't sure of a better word, but "celibate" is a pretty heavy duty "NO SEX" often with religious connotations, so I think that's why people went, "Woahwoahwoah!"

Also, I'd point out: It's not a fair statement to say "everyone throws their genitals around like confetti"; if people are being safe and consensual about it, that's fine. If you don't want to have sex like that, it's also fine. No need to minimize an opposite standpoint (and I guarantee, people were only pointing out the celibacy thing because they wanted to be sure you were ultimately happy and healthy with your sex life, too).

thanks lol ya i didnt know what other word to call it i guess lol. and yes your right im sorry if i offended anyone who has casual sex, lol its just not my thing.
  • drchimpanzee
    Options

months lol its been a while.....like A WHILE lol since i have but if i met someone say today and we hit it off we wouldnt be having sex till maybe june or july at the earliest

Ah that was for misskorney LOL. Your answer is fine though. A few months isn't bad and I think a lot of guys will find it classy. The ones that don't aren't for you anyhow. To eaches own type of thing.
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options

Ok I got sucked back in.

You are like, getting really defensive! What I said, since I think you've got your rage glasses on, is that if she is choosing to not have sex, there are other ways to enrich her life besides seeking out a (specifically) male counterpart for one-on-one dating interaction.
    Sure am because really it's none of your business what she does or doesn't want to do with herself. Bringing it up at all and construing that she's childish because she doesn't want to engage in it, as you did in your original post regarding her decisions, strikes me straight up as incredibly rude.

Likewise it is perfectly reasonable to want a relationship that isn't centered around sex, and I definitely take issue that you apparently seem to feel that just because she, and presumably anyone else who's celibate, doesn't want to have sex it means that they're not ready or are otherwise unable to partake in a healthy intimate relationship that doesn't have to do with platonic love.

If I'm misunderstanding your post, please feel free to correct me but just know in that, in so saying these things to her, you're pretty much saying them to me too as this is a personal choice we share.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I do not have male parts so I cannot say what a man wants out of a woman. I can say I have been in a relationship with one man for eight amazing years, and I met him for the first time in matching red sweats and a baggy shirt without an ounce of make up on my face, and a rather bad blemish on my chin. I smelled like a million bucks though, and my attitude, which by the way was "If you don't like me, don't look at me" was what he loved about me. He loved my natural self, no push up bra, no cover up, just raw me. :) If I couldn't be me, we wouldn't be together. So be yourself and find someone that loves you for being you. It will last a lot longer than putting on a face to reel in some guy that truly has no clue who you are because you aren't showing him. If he cannot handle your attitude or your personality when he first meets you he certainly won't handle the real you later after the shine of newness wears off. Trust me.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    A grilled PB&J with chunky peanut butter rocks my socks.

That makes peanut butter runny. I object.
  • drchimpanzee
    Options

Ok I got sucked back in.

Sure am because really it's none of your business what she does or doesn't want to do with herself. Bringing it up at all and construing that she's childish because she doesn't want to engage in it, as you did in your original post regarding her decisions, strikes me straight up as incredibly rude.

Likewise it is perfectly reasonable to want a relationship that isn't centered around sex, and I definitely take issue that you apparently seem to feel that just because she, and presumably anyone else who's celibate, doesn't want to have sex it means that they're not ready or are otherwise unable to partake in a healthy intimate relationship that doesn't have to do with platonic love.

If I'm misunderstanding your post, please feel free to correct me but just know in that, in so saying these things to her, you're pretty much saying them to me too as this is a personal choice we share.

Cat fight! Hot!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter if you pinch the edges before grilling. Try it, you will love it. Do it just like a grilled cheese.