Ladies 5'7 size question

Options

Replies

• Sabochan
    Sabochan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 176lbs

I currently wear a UK 12 trouser which I believe is a US 8, and a size 12-14 top (US 8-10). Really interesting thread to see where everyone is at.
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great discussion, I find the sizing of many fascinating, the other that I think plays a role in sizes would be bra size. I am just under 174 and have not bought a lot of clothes since losing weight, I found some that I fit back into so I have been making due with those, for bottoms, those are 12-14's those many of these are very loose. Tops I have been able to alter down to make due, again not buying a lot until I am closer to goal. Before losing any weight at 231 (at least) I was XL-1XL tops, and 16-18 bottoms - ugh it is painful to type that but a good reminder.

The clothes I have bought out of necessity or excitement that I fit in them, have been 8 and 10 bottoms, the 8's are tight but fit, 10 would be the more comfortable size right now, but my goal is a comfy 8. For tops most are mediums and a few large, depending on cut and reason for purchase, ie some clothes look better with some room.

I have also found I cannot stand to wear baggy clothes, they just make me look big and sloppy, of course when 60 pounds heavier that was almost all I wear now I cannot bear that look even just hanging around the house. I have bought a few items too tight which has been very fun to have them going from not fitting to becoming loose.

I want to get to 145-155 or so, I am hoping I will know when I get there which I am figuring will not be until next March or so. I would also like to be a size 8 bottoms, M top. I find it interesting and exciting some in this range are a size 6, I honestly cannot fathom being in that size, but you never know. I have been doing more strength training and hope to moving to heavy lifting at some point in the future.

I have not gotten new bras which has been the slowest to lose which could be a reason I can fit into 8-10's when others might be in 12-14's at the same weight as me.
  • SunriseReverie
    SunriseReverie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5'7, when exercising I look my best at 130, I'm 127 now but look thinner at 130lbs..funny how that works! Your body type may be different of course. I have a friend who is more muscular than I am and looks thinner & healthier at a higher weight than I do now.
  • raechambers88
    raechambers88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", weigh 190 lbs and wear a size 10.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 at 134(ish)lbs and I'm a 4

Edit: PANTS! Dress I'm not sure haven't tried on a dress in over a year. I was an 8 last summer and I weighed about 145lbs.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 177. I currently wear a large top and a size 10/11 bottom.
  • cookykitty
    cookykitty Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and am a US 12 on bottom and a US 8-10 on top. ~185 pounds. 10 lighter and I was almost in the size below but... that's another story :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" right now my weight is 147 pants size 9 and shirt M
    My goal: 135 pounds and a size 6 hopefully!!!!

Me too...but I'm 149
  • 50jordan
    50jordan Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'7' and I weigh 173 pounds haven't worked out much and that is my main problem. I wear a size 10 pants and Medium and large shirts and 12 dress.
  • pixeltrash
    pixeltrash Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are all shaped differently, so even if we weigh the same, we may all fit into different sizes. Maybe your waist is just wider than other people's waists of your weight. It is a very interesting post!
  • pixeltrash
    pixeltrash Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my weigh fluctuates, but is generally now in the 120's. I wear a 2-4 in jeans and an XS on top. Size 0 dress. I was 175 and a 12 (which should really have been a 14 but I refused to go higher) LOL!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    That was close to my start, and I was pushing a size 12. I'm down to 138 and comfortably in a size 4 :)
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 200 pounds; I wear a size 16.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weigh 177. I currently wear a large top and a size 10/11 bottom.

^^ Pretty much me too but I weigh 175.8lb!
  • meisha85
    meisha85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Posted here before. Lost more weight. Now at 152lbs and a size 12! 5ft 7in
  • Megh757
    Megh757 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My weight is 211 now and i wear 12 and 14 in most dress pants and when i was 185-190 i wore 8 and some dress pants a 10

everyones bodies are so diff

i do love that body gallery site someone posted i found it last year.
  • Miss_Jenna
    Options
    5'7
    252 lbs
    Size 18 jeans
    Size XL-XXL tops

at 185 I wore Size 13 and L-XL.
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5ft 7 - SW 191 have gone down to 187.2 (Only on week 2) I wear a UK14 on bottom and A uk 14-16 on top - I have no hips but a hell of a tummy and my girlies are 38DD so I am classic apple, Im looking to hit between 140-150lbs (10st - 10.7st) as I like to be curvy :o)
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    WOW the differences are insane. I weigh 150lb and wear 12/14 UK size, which is 10/12 US.
  • BATAB
    BATAB Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'6 159
    6-7 pants
    Small/Med for shirt
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!