How much weight have you lost since January?

Options

Replies

• wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    10.2 pounds
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    8 lbs! people who lost 20, what are you doing and how can i do?!?!? lol

I cut out soda, am watching my calories, and am exercising three times a week for 45 minutes each.

I am trying to make good choices, food wise ... I switched to almond milk from 2% cow milk, upped my veggie intake, and stopped eating my kids' leftovers.
  • daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    23 pounds since January 8th.
  • regansfit
    Options
    12 pounds!

Been averaging 4 workouts per week, alternating each time with 50 mins on treadmill, stairmill or elliptical. Now that I'm about a month in I plan to add some basic strength training (pushups, situps, squats, lunges) and try to build up from there.

I eat about 1200 calories on days I don't work out and around 1500-1700 per day on workout days. I try to eat mostly clean and have been cooking a lot of Paleo recipes, too. I drink at least 64 oz of water per day and for the first 3 weeks I cut out alcohol completely. I've just recently started allowing myself to have a couple drinks on one weekend night.

Two things that have really worked for me:

1. Making a large batch of a very low calorie soup, stew or chili at the beginning of the week and portioning/freezing the rest. Each week I make something different and I usually only eat 2 servings of whatever it is the week I make it so now my freezer has a constantly rotating stock of something quick and easy to grab/thaw/eat. Keeps me from overindulging on a bad day just because I'm too busy or tired to make something.

2. I eat the same basic breakfast/snacks every day and just change up my lunches and dinners. That way I get the variety I absolutely need but a lot of my stuff is predictable so I don't have to put a lot of thought into calorie or dollar budgeting.

Best wishes to all of you, hope we can all stay motivated! Almost to that 6-week mark where people say New Year's Crowd drops out! Let's blow that theory out of the water :)
  • KellyDeitrick
    KellyDeitrick Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    6 lbs and counting...in for the long haul to lose 138 lbs.
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    12.6 :)
  • GettingFitFor30
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs since the beginning of January!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    6.5 pounds
  • angie2673
    Options
    25.5 lb

What have you been doing? That's a lot. Congratulations!!!!
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    8.5lbs since January 7th :):) slowly but surely coming off ; Another 9lbs to go for my first goal of 127lbs !!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    5.5 pounds, finally getting back to pre-holiday weight!:smile:
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 pounds. I started at 264 in May of 2012. I am thrilled. I really started losing it when I started doing Weight Watchers again.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    7 lbs, beginning mid January. Doing TDEE - 20%
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    8 pounds :bigsmile:
    Huge accomplishment for me! No sizes down yet- no muscles popping out BUT the best is yet to come! :drinker:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    33 pounds!

*revives thread?*
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 18 lbs. since mid February. (Lost 7 before using this app.)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    About 50lbs since the beginning of January.
  • nikkilouise0803
    nikkilouise0803 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    32.4lb
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    29 lbs since june this year
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I didn't start MFP until the end of June 2013 I believe, but since January 2013 I've lost 20 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!