Daily protein too high on MFP?

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

... what the heck does textbook mean? textbook can literally mean either good OR bad. gimme the numbers, because I'm willing to bet my LDL is lower than every IIFYM subscriber on this board.

Couldn't care less what your numbers are. And I'm guessing you realize you have no leg to stand on, since you're asking me to remember the exact numbers from eight months ago. I don't have them - my doctor does. And you are obviously being purposely obtuse as to ask what textbook means.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

(plant based diets helping prevent/reverse heart disease is certainly being discussed here. also what kind of food is often relatively high in saturated fat and sodium in the typical american diet?)

No, it's not. The idea of "too much protein" is what's being discussed. That is, until you tried to steer the conversation in a way you thought would be easier for you to "win."
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

... what the heck does textbook mean? textbook can literally mean either good OR bad. gimme the numbers, because I'm willing to bet my LDL is lower than every IIFYM subscriber on this board.

Couldn't care less what your numbers are. And I'm guessing you realize you have no leg to stand on, since you're asking me to remember the exact numbers from eight months ago. I don't have them - my doctor does. And you are obviously being purposely obtuse as to ask what textbook means.

haha ok. yeah man the blood pressure looks pretty good - more power to ya!

but you realize that the average american cholesterol level is roughly 200. thus how "textbook" doesn't necessarily mean "good". it means adequate.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

do you believe that a person who eats whatever they want (fast food, junk food, processed foods etc) but stays within their macro goals is EQUALLY as healthy (ie: will have equally good vitals) as someone who stays within their macro limit but only eats whole foods, lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, and avoids processed foods?

I know this argument has been had before, but I want your straight forward, no extra BS answer.

OK - I'll finally bite. I'm one of the former. My bloodwork last time I had a full physical with my doctor (June 2012)? Textbook - his word, not mine. My blood pressure a couple of weeks ago, during a routine checkup? 110 over 80. No aches or pains. So, to answer you question directly - YES.

O.o

And the arrogant I'm better than everyone else stomp stomp stomp tone to this thread...has reached a new high...

It must come with the elite territory!

yeah you all are just a model of humility. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

do you believe that a person who eats whatever they want (fast food, junk food, processed foods etc) but stays within their macro goals is EQUALLY as healthy (ie: will have equally good vitals) as someone who stays within their macro limit but only eats whole foods, lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, and avoids processed foods?

I know this argument has been had before, but I want your straight forward, no extra BS answer.

OK - I'll finally bite. I'm one of the former. My bloodwork last time I had a full physical with my doctor (June 2012)? Textbook - his word, not mine. My blood pressure a couple of weeks ago, during a routine checkup? 110 over 80. No aches or pains. So, to answer you question directly - YES.

O.o

And the arrogant I'm better than everyone else stomp stomp stomp tone to this thread...has reached a new high...

Compared to some..yes, I think we may very well be :happy:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Sara vs Coach

death-stare_o_GIFSoupcom_zpsf9e96878.gif

I've got Coach for $100. Not because he's right, but because he's the most tenacious doesn't-care-if-he's-right-gonna-argue-anyway person there is on the internet.

Eventually Sara is gonna go home and log off....or get bored.

ROFLMAO!

Sara is so extra sexy hawwwttt when she puts her foot down..just saying.

How YOU doin'? :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

O.o

next time you actually contribute to a discussion instead of piggyback on others let me know. :)

i'm pretty sure DavPul's memes are usually more constructive. :laugh:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

O.o

next time you actually contribute to a discussion instead of piggyback on others let me know. :)

Certainly more constructive than your ill thought out and totally incorrect arguments.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

O.o

I am not the one who has called themselves elite before or is trying to slap my d!ck on the table to show how large it is.

Oh, and I am still waiting for those sources.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

O.o

I am not the one who has called themselves elite before or is trying to slap my d!ck on the table to show how large it is.

you have a d!ck?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    count-down to lock in 3... 2... 1...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

O.o

you have a d!ck?

So many comments...most of which would get me a strike, so I will stick with ...it's a saying..sorry you did not realize that.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

So I can't support what someone is saying? lol. You so funneh :P

288pj4g.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Wishful thinking?
  • CoachReddy
    Options

So I can't support what someone is saying? lol. You so funneh :P

288pj4g.gif

sooo many jokes I can't make because the mods will yell at me.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Would love to see how you squeeze in so many gms protein!! That is always a challenge for me!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Also, where are your sources that athletes are at just as high a risk for heart disease as anyone else unless they eat correctly?

Have not seen this question answered yet
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

That's frequently what someone posts after they've reported some posts in a thread.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

That's frequently what someone posts after they've reported some posts in a thread.

That thought did cross my mind. It's funny how the reportee also gets in trouble for retaliation though!