Question for runners. Carrying your keys, etc.

Options
How do you carry your keys, ID, phone, etc when you run? I hate just carrying it in my pockets because I'm scared of losing them! What do you use?

Replies

• glubben
    glubben Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have an arm band for my phone, it has a little pocket in the back for a spare key and my id and atm card
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My running gear all have special zipped or Velcro pockets for things like that.
  • BetterMike
    BetterMike Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I bring the phone I use an armband. This also allows me to bring ID and a key. You could also get a belt which does the same thing.
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    You can get a sort of fanny pack (don't worry, these ones aren't dorky!) to put that stuff in. They're made for runners so they're very sleek. I thought I'd be annoyed with it bouncing while I ran but it hasn't bothered me at all. I got mine at Target.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How do you carry your keys, ID, phone, etc when you run? I hate just carrying it in my pockets because I'm scared of losing them! What do you use?

I only carry my phone and keys and I just hold one in each hand.... lol. If it's in something snug to my body, I don't want it gettin sweaty and if it's on an outer layer, it drives me nuts bouncing - lol. I never take a debit card or anything so that I can't buy anything - lol - you know like a BIG MAC! HAHA
  • ravinraven718
    Options
    Normally I run indoors on a treadmill, so there's a compartment for things. If I'm outdoors, I hold my iPhone (mostly so I can switch songs on my workout playlist) and since my running clothes lack pockets, I have taken my car key off, locked the rest of my keys in the car, and then put my car key in my sports bra. Werid, I know, but effective.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I wear an armband or sometimes I'll carry a wristlet that's just big enough for my phone, a key, ID and $5. I have an Ipod shuffle that I clip onto my shirt so I don't have to worry about a wire coming from my phone.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I have a Joggers Belt. It holds my phone, keys, and water bottle. And when I jog in the winter, I have an Under Armour Jogging jackets that has pouches built into the jacket.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    After a couple of months of my grad advisor calling me during my runs I stopped carrying my phone. I tie my key to the tie on my shorts or put it in the little key pocket that some of my shorts have. If I am carrying water...my fuel belt has a little pocket that I can shove it in.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    1) Sneaky pockets - in various running pants/tops
    2) pocket clip ons for my shoe.
    3) This is probably bad, but I don't take my phone when I run.
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My running gear all have special zipped or Velcro pockets for things like that.

this
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I have a Joggers Belt. It holds my phone, keys, and water bottle. And when I jog in the winter, I have an Under Armour Jogging jackets that has pouches built into the jacket.

Same here. Clips on a single small bottle of water, zip up the key AND phone.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    In the winter I use pockets in my running gear. In the summer, I have a Spi Belt.
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    I really only carry my phone and my keys. I have an armband for my phone (play my music from the phone as well) and then I just carry my keys.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasion I take my phone with me, I just hold it in my hand. On the equally rare occasion I have my car key with me, I put it in a zippered pocket. I don't carry anything else.

Next time you are buying running clothes, look for something with a zippered pocket.
  • TheTortoiseWins
    TheTortoiseWins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use a shoe pouch. It's a small pocket/pouch that velcros over your shoe laces. You don't feel it during your run. The pouch is large enough to hold keys, a credit card or ID, and some cash. They sell them at a number of sporting goods stores. RoadID sells them online and includes your emergency contact info and any other necessary info (medical history, allergies, etc) on the pouch. I use an armband for my iPod.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I use a fanny pack. My DD cringes when I tell her that...."Oh mom, DONT!"...LOL! But I don't care if people think it looks silly or not. It holds everything I might need. I am out there to exercise, not to be a fashion statement. :D
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I actually untie my shoe and tie my key into my shoe laces so it is right on top of my foot. No way to lose it. My phone I carry typically because I use it for music and time.
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Most of my running gear have small special and rather secure pockets for those things. I usually keep things like keys or atm/idcard in the back of my sportsbra though :)
  • mschaal
    Options
    Good site with different sizes

http://www.spibelt.com/