The plastic bag drawer

Options
As I took a plastic bag out of my packed to tightly bag drawer it got me thinking is this just an Irish thing or do all you other lovely people all over the world stuff you're bags in a drawer that clearly has to many bags to begin with:smile:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! And I have a bag hanger too, which is full as well.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    We used to have one of these:
    plastic_bag_dispenser_large.jpg?1335825962
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I use one of ^^^ those too!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't know about plastic bags but I'm sure every house has a 'bits and bobs' drawer....batteries, candles, screws, packets of seeds, glue, anything you can't think of anywhere else to put!!!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have a bag drawer (not to be confused with the junk drawer!) & a bag full of bigger bags in my closet :smile:
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    Yes batteries so many ****ing batteries I could launch a space shuttle if it ran on aaa,s:smile:
  • caroldot
    Options
    We used to have one of these:
    plastic_bag_dispenser_large.jpg?1335825962

Love this! Gotta get one! I'm sure I can find at Target or Bed, Bath, Beyond, right??
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I keep mine under the sink. I keep the sandwich bags, aluminum foil, and wax paper in a drawer though.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I don't know about plastic bags but I'm sure every house has a 'bits and bobs' drawer....batteries, candles, screws, packets of seeds, glue, anything you can't think of anywhere else to put!!!

I definitely have a 'bits and bobs' drawer (or two).

I have a bag of bags on a shelf in my pantry, I use them to line small waste bins. If I get overwhelmed with them I bring them to the recycling drop off.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

Love this! Gotta get one! I'm sure I can find at Target or Bed, Bath, Beyond, right??

yes.

but, if you are inclined to do so, you can make one.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Nope, I recycle the ones I get when I forget my reusable bags. I hate the clutter and wasted space of a bag drawer.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options

yes.

A man promoting sewing??? I might swoon! :bigsmile:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Used to have a plastic bag drawer in US. Also in Pakistan. But in Saudi Arabia I got a bag that holds more bags.

Its bagception yo!
  • Mrder37
    Options
    That's how they get you first the bags then the world:frown:
  • caroldot
    Options

yes.

A man promoting sewing??? I might swoon! :bigsmile:

Seriously! haha! But I can barely sew a button on so think I'll go to Target :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i dump my bags in rivers and lakes.
  • caroldot
    Options

'Bits & bobs drawer' - love that! Going to start referring to mine as that instead of the 'junk' drawer! :smile:
  • Mrder37
    Options
    It's good of you to feed the upside down shopping trolleys
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I have a drawer just as described but pack larger bags towards the back. When the drawer gets full, I take one of the larger bags out and stuff it to the gills with all the other bags and put it in my Jeep to take to the grocery store next time I'm out which has a recycle bin for plastic bags out front.

My junk drawer is almost empty these days.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Yes batteries so many ****ing batteries I could launch a space shuttle if it ran on aaa,s:smile:

Murphy's law says that the instant I run out of batteries, my daughter's favorite electronic toy will die and a tantrum will ensue. I keep stocked in batteries, too, if only to dodge avoidable screaming sessions.