The plastic bag drawer

Options

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    They can also be stuffed into an empty tissue box and pulled back out one at time when needed.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I have a plastic bag...bag.
    my kitchen is too small to give up an entire drawer!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    They can also be stuffed into an empty tissue box and pulled back out one at time when needed.

You sir, are a GENIUS!

(......runs to empty a kleenex box, starts a new thread about what to do with loose kleenex......)
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have a drawer for all my sandwich, gallon, quart, etc bags and then I have a fabric holder in the laundry room dedicated to all my plastic grocery bags. I recycle those when I clean out the litter box :sick:
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nope, not just an Irish thing. Every time I open it, I think damn I have too many bags.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Every shared house or flat I have every lived in in the UK has had a plastic bag drawer. In the Netherlands not so much.

I always bring a cotton bag or two with me when I go shopping, so I never have plastic bags.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i use the plastic bag from the grocery to pick up dog poo, so i put them in a big plastic bag on a hook on the front door.

well i have a cat that has a plastic bag fetish, so he would destroy the plastic bag the plastic bags were in.

so now i have a big paper bag that holds all the plastic bags. works wonders :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    As I took a plastic bag out of my packed to tightly bag drawer it got me thinking is this just an Irish thing or do all you other lovely people all over the world stuff you're bags in a drawer that clearly has to many bags to begin with:smile:

We used to use a drawer, but now we keep them in the utility closet.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    LOL my family does it too and we are jamaican haha
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in a specific place in my closet for cat poop so I don't have to buy bags.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a giant plastic bag where I stuff all of the other plastic bags in, haha! Eventually it makes its way to the supermarket for recycling then I curse as I realize I didn't leave one bag in the house :noway:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    We call it a "junk drawer" and mine has twitie ties, bags, screwdrivers, change. Most anything that'll fit and doesn't have a designated storage.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I stuff the plastic bags under the sink!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    haha I have a bag bag. All my plastic bags are stuffed into another plastic bag. We really have to saving them now though....the county that I live in has passed a new law making all stores CHARGE you for each plastic bag. It's in an effort to get people to bring in reusable bags instead which is good..but it's still a little annoying lol.
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    I keep mine in a specific place in my closet for cat poop so I don't have to buy bags.

We have a very large paper bag (meant for recycables) over filled with plastic bags. We mainly use them for cat poo as well. What we are trying to use it as is a reminder to bring the darn resuable totes to the grocery store and avoid getting more bags.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I cram mine into an empty garbage bag dispenser, and keep it under the sink. Nary a drawer can be wasted in a tiny city apartment.

I mostly use re-usable bags though. Saves a ton of hassle with recycling.
  • LaurenOliver
    Options
    haha I have a bag bag. All my plastic bags are stuffed into another plastic bag. We really have to saving them now though....the county that I live in has passed a new law making all stores CHARGE you for each plastic bag. It's in an effort to get people to bring in reusable bags instead which is good..but it's still a little annoying lol.

That's a good idea. I'd like it brought to Texas : ). While visiting NY over vacation, I saw a similar program with the recycling. They are charged a fee for each bottle/can/plastic (?) bought and are refunded when they recycle them. It's great. We don't have that in Texas either.
  • Mrder37
    Mrder37 Posts: 904
    Options
    I bought the big bags to recycle but now there just full of plastic bags as well I think it's an invasion:smile:
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I keep a big bag of bags in the laundry room!

Sandwich bags, foil, and wax paper go in a cabinet...
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    American girl here, and my bag drawer is so full of bags that I can barely close it.