adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

I lol'd.....

So did I
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly anyone who admits to choosing one over the other is an a-hole.

If you can firmly say that you would rather save your children than your SO then you are saying you don't love your SO as much as your children. In which case you should split up.

On the other hand, if you can firmly say that you would rather save your SO than your children then you are saying you don't love your children as much as your SO. In which case you should rather have just stayed childless.

The only reasonable answer to this question is "I don't know". If you think I'm talking bs then tell your SO to his/her face that you would save your children first. I bet most of you don't have the guts to do that. And if you don't have the guts to tell your SO that then you probably don't trust him/her the way he or she may trust you.

Ha ha?

I'm hoping you're not serious
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    My husband. i dont have kids. ;)
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0yr1iDl0I1r19jfr.gif
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

THIS /\ /\ /\ /\

^^ Yea, another this. Some things are better left unsaid.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Funny, cuz him and I were just discussing this last night. Our scenario was my SO has both my son and I each in a hand and the 2 of us are falling off a mountain and if he could only pull one up what would be his decision.

My answer was Goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....:)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hell, if I can get out my SO can surely do it too... and he can help with the kids! We will each take one and help our third help herself (she is 17)... we are all saved!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I respectfully disagree....and I don't consider myself an a-hole.

I think most women who have maternal instincts would go for their kids first.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

THIS /\ /\ /\ /\

^^ Yea, another this. Some things are better left unsaid.

SERIOUSLY
    :angry:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow :noway: what a great thread! Why would you be sitting there wondering that, then post it on a forum? Very very odd!
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options

I respectfully disagree....and I don't consider myself an a-hole.

I think most women who have maternal instincts would go for their kids first.

this^
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

If you can firmly say that you would rather save your children than your SO then you are saying you don't love your SO as much as your children. In which case you should split up.

On the other hand, if you can firmly say that you would rather save your SO than your children then you are saying you don't love your children as much as your SO. In which case you should rather have just stayed childless.

The only reasonable answer to this question is "I don't know". If you think I'm talking bs then tell your SO to his/her face that you would save your children first. I bet most of you don't have the guts to do that. And if you don't have the guts to tell your SO that then you probably don't trust him/her the way he or she may trust you.

um, no. as a mother is is my duty to put my childs life before mine and as am his one and only mommy, his keeper. My SO, not so much... I love him to bits, but we both love our son more than we love eachother and are perfectly happy with that.
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    my child.

My husband and I have discussed it and we agree that we would BOTH save our son first. So, to the dude who posted that I'm an *kitten* for doing so and that I wouldn't have the guts to tell my spouse...WRONG.

We are both 100% at peace with that decision.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    6dIbSXg.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The car, obviously.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I was actually in that exact situation and I couldn't save everybody, this thread is just cruel for making me relive the horrible choice I had to make, it was between that little girl and Will Smith and who wouldn't choose Will Smith?

You calculated the probability of survival and chose the logic person. Do not blame yourself for adhering to the logic.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I don't have a husband...so I don't have to let him drown while I save the kids...