"Interesting" Names

Options

Replies

• Routerninja
    Options
    I worked with a field tech at an ISP with the name Michael (Don't ever call him Mike) Hunt. I had to mute the phone and laugh like a 12 year old.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a Mike Hunt. :)

I also used to work with a Dong Yoo and a Dr. Hung.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    There is a family that lives here named, "Hathcock"

So, when I say "Jane Hathcock", it sounds like I am speaking old English and sounds like Jane is gettin' her some... Or maybe it's just because my mind is in the gutter :ohwell:
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    went to school with a kid - kevin carbone - and his nickname through all grades was boner.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Went to High school with Ira and Ima Hogg. Jewish siblings.
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My mom told me here middle school gym teacher was named Harold Balls... of course, he went by the name Harry. Having the last name Balls & being called Mr. Balls seems bad enough but add the first name Harry, talk about a double whammy! :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Oh... oh... and a girl whose last name was Guzler evidently joined the Navy... Which made her

ready....

Seaman Guzler

:laugh:

I have no idea if that is true... I have a lot of military guy friends and they told me that once... :laugh:

I bet she was popular, though
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    D!ck Dix.

When I was in high school, I was a shift manager a restaurant. The scheduling manager and I had a good laugh at the application from him, which had been turned in on night shift, and then we just tossed it since we got weird ones like that as jokes sometimes. A little while later, he called to follow up about the application.

Oops.
    Whoops indeed! Did you give the poor guy an interview at least? lawl
    Are you kidding? He hired him. He went by "DDs" the whole time he worked there, too. :laugh:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I had a class with a Sirius Lee

and my dad had an eye surgeon named Dr. Blinders.
    my hippie parents gave me a weird, hyphenated, rhyming name, so I sympathize with every person on this list.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Met a set of twins once... Angel and Starr Fish. Poor kids. :cry:
  • Routerninja
    Options
    I tried to get my ex-wife to name our first daughter Morning.. It was all nice and well until she put it together with my last name..

"Morning..Morning,, I like that it's pretty,.. Morning...Wood.

*glares*

No. and you're an a** for suggesting it. "

(I never get to have any fun.)
  • XD40SW
    Options
    Seeing these names keep reminding me of more I have seen/heard/known. There was once an applicant for an accountant job named Ching Chang Chong. I don't know if anyone dared to make fun of such a name out of fear of being called racist. If you aren't sure why they would be called that, think of what used to be passed off as people "speaking" Chinese when making fun of the language.

Other names that I remember now included Prince and Princess as the first names.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a January Snow.

A teacher was Henry Dyck and his wife's name was Anita.

I'm friends with a Dustin Hoffman.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i went to school with a holly wood and her brother red wood
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Knew a guy who went by the name Butch *kitten*...
  • Crystle85
    Options
    I saw a plaque on the beach when I was a teenager, had to take a picture because it was dedicated to "Harry Boner" ...I'm sure it was pronounced Bonner...but I was 14 so it was hilarious.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Not sure how true this is but my father said he wanted to name my older brother Hoss....Hoss Biddle (hospital)
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Girl at work - Selma Bodi.........................and yes she ALWAYS gets asked How Much!?

Siganture Block on some EPA paperwork- Eaton, ****
  • boggsmroz
    Options
    My nephew's legal name is Z. Just the letter.
  • meliafairy
    meliafairy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's name is Beyond Joy. Yes, of course his parents were hippies :)

No one ever takes him seriously when he introduces himself.