Would you be Offended if...?

Options
rainbowbow
rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
Your girlfriend/boyfriend got you personal training sessions for Valentines day?

Why or Why not?

(MFP if probably a biased place to ask!)

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    no, especially if your SO specifically asks for them/mentions wanting them.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    absolutely not. especially if they have been trying to focus on their health more
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    no not offended. because its for my health, which means he cares about me being healthy. whats bad about that.

i would love to see what the reason is for being offended by this gift.
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Nope and nope!
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    Nope, although I don't pay my current trainer so it would just kind of make me scratch my head. I asked for a new bike seat and a tri suit for V-day this year, super romantic LOL
  • sofahogger
    sofahogger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yes. cos I'm fat and it'd feel controlling. you gotta do it when you're ready, not when someone else things you are.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Not unless I asked for them and the membership came with some flower and/or jewerly.. :)
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I would be so excited... I would probably let him help me work out right then and there. :P
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    My b/f knows I like to workout and I would see this as him for ONCE supporting my active life.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be offended if I had mentioned that I wanted to meet with a personal trainer. If I hadn't, it has the possibility of coming off as a "hint, hint!" gift.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    It's more likely to offend a woman. what do you MEAN I'm not perfect EXACTLY THE WAY I AM?????
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, I'd be happy!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely love it! I would not be offended...he knows how much I've been working out and trying to lose...I would take it as motivation to get to the next level....
  • Igotdisbish
    Options
    If they don't workout they probably would be.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nope not at all
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    only if I asked for it, otherwise I might take offense
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    As you said, probably not the most unbiased place to ask this question.

I personally would love it.

But if it's something you have never expressed a desire to have, it might seem like a "suggestion" about your size or fitness level.

So the answer really is...it depends.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    No, because he knows how interested I am in my workouts right now. I'd love it.

If I had no interest in exercise, I'd be pissed.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Id love it...but my partner knows I am trying to focus on my weight but have $$ issues so cant afford that kind of thing.

Now...if I was a person that wasn't weight conscious, I would be offended because that would mean my significant other wasnt happy with where I was.

Just depends on the mind set of the woman or male.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    no not offended. because its for my health, which means he cares about me being healthy. whats bad about that.

i would love to see what the reason is for being offended by this gift.

i wouldn't be offended. but i know the reason why someone would be offended - it's the immediate (and incorrect) leap to the conclusion that their partner doesn't find them attractive, and wants them to lose a few pounds.