Replies

• Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My husband signed me up to training without my consent, so this would be no different than that. I don't think he realized how well I would take to it. I signed up for additional training. Sadly this put a strain on our finances, but I do feel like it benefited me and in turn him for it. So no, I would not be offended. Concerned for our budget, maybe, but I'd welcome the assistance.

He could hire me a personal chef too. I totally don't mind. </hint>
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    absolutely not. especially if they have been trying to focus on their health more

this
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It might be offensive if you weren't trying to lose weight or get yourself into an exercise routine and then all of a sudden they get you a trainer. However, if they know you're trying to lose weight I think it's an awesome gift!

Do you hear me dear boyfriend? AWESOME GIFT!!!!! ;)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I personally would love it.

But I think it would be better as a Christmas/Birthday gift.

I feel like V-Day is supposed to be on the more romantic side of things.
    I would definitely NOT be offended because I actually really want personal training sessions. But I'm not sure I would feel that V-Day is the appropriate holiday for it.

I know it might sound weird, but I would prefer a single red rose on V-Day and then get the personal training sessions a week later, "just because". :blushing:

I enjoy holidays and enjoy the "themes" of the holidays. V-Day is supposed to be romantic. The classics are dinner, chocolate, flowers, etc... I like the classics.
    On V-Day I'm going with 2 other girlfriends for dinner (we are all alone on V-Day) and I bought them each a little heart shaped box of chocolates. I like the themes/traditions. :smile:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    It would be the only reason I'd go to a gym, so great idea!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Yes...but only if it was for a Curves membership.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    not as long as I get to come home to this

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

is this some sort of sociological study?

IT IS!

i know an arm chair sociologist when i see one!!!

...you post this everywhere today....

That's the second time I've seen that turtle. I'm still impressed, and my fiance is threatening to leave me unless I can learn to make food into animals like you. Damn you.

If you've only came across it twice today you haven't spent too much time in the forums
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    For someone who doesn't work out, has low self esteem, is unfit or hasn't asked for it: Yes, they probably would be and should be offended. They need to make healthy changes and not be forced into it especially on a day that you should be telling them how beautiful they are.

For someone who is trying to get fit, has expressed interest in it, is an athlete.: Hell ya.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I probably would be offended unless I had mentioned it in passing that it was something I was interested in beforehand
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Also: Valentine's Day is the sex toy holiday. I try to limit gifts for V-Day to massages, spa things, or naughty gifts. Always good practice.
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    @tripmom02 tri suit is kinda hot, imo :tongue:

LOL I think so too!
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be offended but I wouldn't necessarily like the gift. Health conscious I am, but personal trainer I do not desire.
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    Yes... If the gym sessions were for the couple, I'd love to receive the gift, but if they only for me... suck it, I would punch him in the face. :grumble:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the situation.

If I've never made any mention of being interested in fitness and/or weight loss and this was randomly given to me I MIGHT be a bit offended. "YOU SAYING I'M OUT OF SHAPE?"

But if my boyfriend knew I was interested in fitness and trying to get in shape I'd be happy.

:) So it just depends.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Assuming they know I'm trying to lose weight/tone up or if I was already a gym rat, or they bought a 'couples' session I would not. If they didn't know that I'd kinda want to here their explanation. :) I know I'd be very careful about who I bought a gift like that for.
  • cksoto
    cksoto Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If my partner knew I was taking steps to become healthier and was tyring to lose weight and I shared all this with them, then yes I would totally love this as a gift, would love it, but I wouldn't mind a lil something else to go with it, especially if it was for Valentines Day, maybe some roses. :flowerforyou:

Now the tricky part, if I was overweight, but had not discussed with my partner anything about wanting to lose weight or change my lifestyle, and they gave me this out of the blue for Valentines Day, then I would not necessarily be offended, but I would feel kinda hurt and it would be a slap to my ego, especially if I feel that I look fine and feel fine. It would make me feel that my partner is saying 'you as you are is not good enough for me, this is so you will be'.

It's a sticky situation when it comes to partners doing this for one another. You don't want to chance hurting the person you love the most. I would say talk about it, if you haven't already, feel the waters. If your partner even shows an inkling of self doubt about themselves when it comes to thier weight or being 'good enough', you have to let them come to thier own conclusion and ask for that sort of gift, if you don't you chance hurting them and hurting your relationship. :brokenheart:

Slippery slope, tread lightly. :heart:
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Your girlfriend/boyfriend got you personal training sessions for Valentines day?

Why or Why not?

(MFP if probably a biased place to ask!)

No, but mine knows I want to work out and get in shape. We both complain about our weight.
  • davemeve
    Options
    Hell no! I would be thrilled. I haven't had a personal trainer for 11 months. I used to love it, but that went away with my old job. Sad face.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    only if it was accompanied by a card reading something like:

"because I'd love you more if there were less of you"

But then I ask for workout gear ALL THE TIME. Especially running shoes!