What are You doing for Valentine's Day?

Options

Replies

• mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'll be at the race track. My organization's first event of the season is that weekend so I'll be playing with race cars. Wife doesn't like the track so she'll be at home.
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    no signifcant other (although even in relationships I have always hated valentine's).

I have bootcamp that day so I will be sweating up a storm :)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I'm going to work all day then go home and cry myself to sleep. JK, but oh how I loathe Valentines Day.... :grumble:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wants to take me out for some fancy dinner, but I honestly just want to stay home, take my pants off and eat fried chicken. So that's probably what we'll do.

Seriously, if things don't work out with him call me LOL
  • RagenGBrown
    Options
    Dinner with the hubby and my sister and her husband at one of my fave places, Bonefish Grill!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Im Anti-Valentines Day - so I will be celebrating by watching horror movies. Its seems appropriate.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Contemplating the best way to blow up the Hallmark Cooperation

That's the best response yet!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    In the city there are special offers on clothes and stuff for single people on Valentines Day. So I'll be going there. :D
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Billing like a mofo. Haha.

^ Wait, am I out of touch w/ slang or is your nickname 'Accounts Payable'? :laugh:
    Baller!?
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    V Day is stupid. So, it's just Thursday to me.

exactly
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My wife and I usually don't do much. We haven't gone out on valentines in ages...I got fed up with it all long ago because you go to a nice restaurant and spend a bunch of money and you end up with crap service and crap food because the place is packed to the gills. Plus, even when you have reservations you always seem to have to wait longer...last time we went out I think we were sat about 45 minutes after our reservation.

I will send my wife flowers to her work (this will be a surprise for her because I usually just bring them home) and I will prepare a delicious gourmet meal at home like I usually do for half the cost and the food will be better and the service will be substantially better. I think this year I'm going to do a nice steak au poivre...maybe start off with some nice escargot or muscles in olive oil and garlic or something...couple bottles of nice wine and hopefully the kids will go to bed without a fuss and sleep through the night. We may try to fit in a date the following weekend, but it will depend on if we can get someone to watch the kiddos.
    You are very thoughtful!!!! Yes, I would prefer to have a cheaper and tastier meal made at home. Plus you can cook together and have fun with it. Sadly, my hubby wont be here. he is working out of town but that is what we would be doing. Hoping.......hoping he sends me flowers :( Doubt it! Ha, but one can hope ;) You guys have a nice time!
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sitting at home all alone, if anyone else is in the Kent area alone let me know, we can be alone together :P
  • Itzli
    Itzli Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Since my hubby isn't going to be home, me and the kids are going to the Y.. My son and his friend (aka my other son) are training for wrestling season coming up so they want to work out and hahaha, they got "ideas" for mommy's training... :huh: Two 14 year old personal trainers.. :huh: GULP..
    I'm scared..
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    definitely work - blah, then who knows... curl up on the couch in my sweats with my dog and crappy reality tv, I suppose...
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    going to bootcamp. trying to get into shape. :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Since my hubby isn't going to be home, me and the kids are going to the Y.. My son and his friend (aka my other son) are training for wrestling season coming up so they want to work out and hahaha, they got "ideas" for mommy's training... :huh: Two 14 year old personal trainers.. :huh: GULP..
    I'm scared..

That is awesome, and you are so good for going along with them and their training ideas!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    puke-in-my-mouth-o.gif
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well I'm finally taking down my Christmas tree. Then I'm going to start decorating for Easter. My collection of taxidermied rabbits aren't going to display themselves you know!!
  • tcmulli
    Options
    After you get off work, drive to Charlotte, NC. We'll do something special fo sho.....
  • Jessibear2854
    Jessibear2854 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    cooking these

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg

I think I love you.