Am I the only girl who believes this?

Options
123457»

Replies

• MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well....what did he say that was so horrible? I dislike a lot of women and my husband (of 32 years) will say "she is X" when he clearly knows I am not "X". I am an old woman though so I guess it doesn't bother me, because he is right, she is better at some things--a lot of things-- than I am. But doesn't mean he doesn't love me.

I feel the same way. I'm like "eh...he's right. Oh well, whaddya gonna do?" I think it's also cuz I have kids so I can't really be bothered with that petty crap. I'm too busy trying to figure out when I can fit in a nap but still have dinner ready even if the chicken isn't even close to defrosted.
  • Dave1775
    Dave1775 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also believe you shouldn't share every minor dispute with the internet...

Well said.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    You should write about it in your slam book.

This thread is sooo fetch.

You go Glen Coco!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If my worst enemy was better than my girlfriend at chess, which is not an opinion but a fact, where's the harm in that?
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bah...people and their petty weirdness. If he says any of the following, then consider leaving:

-"I only hit you because you're pretty when you cry."
    -"I caught herpes from a hooker while I was away on business."
    -"Your face is so pretty...it would look so much better stretched over mine."
    -"It puts the lotion on the skin!"

If none of the aforementioned (or something similar) have been uttered, you'll be just fine.

I actually had an ex say the first one to me- how jacked up is that? He never hit me, but he always got turned on when I was crying... made my aunt's funeral really frickin' awkward.

This creased me up! :laugh: (BTW that means had me folded over in laughter)
    The OP seems to have abandoned her thread...
  • MyPsalm63
    Options
    Sometimes we ALL say things we shouldn't. We are human, makes mistakes and do foolish things. Forgiveness is key. Have you told him it hurt you, when he said whatever it was he said?
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt call him my bf after that nonsense. On to the next. Lol

lol. yes this seems like an appropriate response. /sarcasm
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Bah...people and their petty weirdness. If he says any of the following, then consider leaving:

-"I only hit you because you're pretty when you cry."
    -"I caught herpes from a hooker while I was away on business."
    -"Your face is so pretty...it would look so much better stretched over mine."
    -"It puts the lotion on the skin!"

If none of the aforementioned (or something similar) have been uttered, you'll be just fine.

I actually had an ex say the first one to me- how jacked up is that? He never hit me, but he always got turned on when I was crying... made my aunt's funeral really frickin' awkward.

That's hot...just sayin'. He was probably subconsciously wishing for more of your family to die so he could just sit there and stare at you while memorizing for his 'spank bank'.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Unless the worst enemy is hotter. Then a guy should definitely let his g/f know her worst enemy is hotter so that she can try to catch up to how hot her enemy is.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Truth triumphs over lies; If you are worse than something than said person and nobody ever tells you, you will never try to improve: if the opposite is done, I'm sure a significant amount of effort would be put into making yourself better than said person.

I agree
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If he said that then he does not deserve you. You are beautiful. There are lots of guys that will never say those things to you. Don't let any man put you down like that.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    If he said that then he does not deserve you. You are beautiful. There are lots of guys that will never say those things to you. Don't let any man put you down like that.

Spoken like a woman who's man has a weak pimp hand.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    wAuwF.gif

O_O
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl that believes a boyfriend should NEVER tell his girlfriend that her worst enemy is better than her in ANY way?

Probably a childish question, but I'm curious...

Given that I stopped referring to myself as a girl long ago, sometime around the span of my life when I entered adulthood, I am not sure I am qualified to answer your question.

I do not need to be coddled, and my ego does not require incessant stroking. But the answer to your question, unfortunately, is no, I seriously doubt you are the only person who feels that way.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    wAuwF.gif

I am keeping this forever so I can send it to my boyfriend from time to time and make him LOL at work without warning.
    I do not have an arch nemisis for him to compare me to, so will be confident that I am the best at cracking his *kitten* up.
  • Beastx10
    Options
    nvm