Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• ticajules
    Options
    Hi, I am 49 years old and going through pre-menopausal which is making quite difficult to lose weight. I am faily active but enough to offset and lose as oppose to maintain. However it seems like I need another few hours in my day just to exercise. Where does the time go, I don't even have children, just a hubby.
  • kmstieg
    Options
    Hi... Just turned 48 yesterday:) I am down 32#, but have seemed to hit a plateau....Joined MFP in January and would love some motivators, so please feel free to add me
  • jfpOne23
    jfpOne23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Howdy,

I'm 50 and I just joined today. Lost 35 lbs in the last 6 months, and pushing for 45 in the next 6 for a goal of 80 lbs lost to get to my proper weight. It's nice to know there is a great supportive crew here at MFP.
  • nonny2001k
    nonny2001k Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 42, and just joined today. I need to lose about 30kgs for my health, as just have been diagnosis with diabetes and PCOS.
  • Rejuvn8
    Options
    42 and battling as well! I have around 30 pounds to lose.....add me if you are serious and would like to encourage one another!
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    I am 40 and have a lot of weight to loose - but very determined!
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 49 and a newbie to MFP. So far I love it, very easy to manouver through.
    I have lost 64 lbs so far but have about 40-50lbs to go. I live in BC Canada.
    I am determined to win this battle of the bulge once and for all. I keep telling myself 2013 is the year!!
    Hope to get to know some of you on here
  • TLCmommie
    TLCmommie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 lbs and tone up also. Maybe we can keep each other accountable.
  • herminmeeker
    herminmeeker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 48 years old and trying to lose the 10 1bs I have gained in the last 2 years
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    39, do's that count? lol
  • Superchas
    Superchas Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    be nifty at fifty
    good luck
  • shannondore1959
    Options
    Hi all, just over the fifty mark, hope that's ok? Been on mfp for a couple of weeks but started on new years day 2013. I must admit that since finding mfp my weight loss progress seems to be going well. With weight at one point tipping over the twenty stone mark I realised that something had to be done. Anyone that wants to join me in my quest for my life back, please join me. Onwards and downwards people. Jim.
  • dawnemcdermott
    dawnemcdermott Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47. My clothes have got gradually tighter and tighter over the last 4 years and I refuse to buy bigger ones so I decided to do something about it. I've been recording my calories now on here since the 2nd of January and have lost 8 pounds so far, which I'm really pleased with as I've not cut out any of my favourite foods at all. I have the scales out in the kitchen and weigh everything and make sure I add everything I eat as I go along so that I know how many calories I've got left for the evening, when I like a snack.
  • judechalmers
    judechalmers Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Me too , 55yrs old and really trying my best Been on mfp since 01/2013 - getting there slowly , i would love to add you as a friend .x
  • beatingmenopause
    Options
    If you need help and advice about losing weight during your 40's and 50's please feel free to add me :-D
  • Stephanie_Jean
    Stephanie_Jean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to add you. I'm 45 and need to lose 25-50 pounds...(big range, I know...but I'd be so happy if I just lost 25!!!) Please, anyone feel free to add me. I need support and advice from people my age who are also going through the slow metabolism problem of hitting this age!!!
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and have lost 30lbs (since 9/27/12, started at 365lbs!) for bariatric surgery qualification. Now that I have qualified, I don't want the surgery. I am so amazed the relative ease to lose weight if you track what you are eating. Of course, you have to be honest, or you won't lose! For me, I reduced carb intake to 125 gm a day, on a 2020 calorie diet. I have been working out, also, which is great, and necessary for weight loss. Just stick to it, and DON'T eat bread, pasta, potatoes or rice! It also REALLY improves diabetes compliance!:smile:
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is fantastic!:happy:
  • lorgrayson
    lorgrayson Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 next week. :wink:
  • DEE_68
    DEE_68 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and will be 44 in October