Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Arden252
    Arden252 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 - and wanting to get down to a BMI of 20 by my 53rd birthday in a few weeks. I lost 22 lbs last summer, and am now ready for the final push to lose another 8lbs. I've found fasting (the Dr Michael Mosley approach) two or three days a week the most successful method as it breaks the desperate conviction that you need to eat, so you eat less all round and feel more in control.

37169332.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pangelicus
    pangelicus Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 this year and working on losing some weight. I sent you a f/r :)
  • pammilr
    pammilr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ism 59 and just join today and trying to lose weight
  • tobynapalm
    tobynapalm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    41 here. Trying to lose about 20 - 25 pounds. There's a trick to it... hard work. This site, and the iPhone app really make it easy to stay motivated. Best of luck to all of us!
  • BIGDOGDAD1
    BIGDOGDAD1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 46 and have lost 128 lbs in the last year with the help of MFP and cutting calories. good luck to you all.
  • regwinters
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 & have 60 lbs to lose. Don't have much support here (very, very rural) but would like to build an online community of friends.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty-one. I Lost my weight and now i'm just maintaining my healthy lifestyle.

Questions: How long did it take? What was your food regimen? What was your exercise routine?

Congrats on achieving/maintaining!!!

Hi Brooke,
    I have a relatively descriptive profile that includes information about my diet and exercise routine. There are other approaches you can use if mine isn't a fit, but the bottom line is that it is all about consistency and patience.
  • grabenson7
    Options
    im 54 and are going to try to losse 40 pound, lost 5 so far be at it 1 month now so im hope to do at least 30 pound before august has going on hol and would like to a bit more slimer.
  • grabenson7
    Options
    if thats a pic of you at 51 im 54 and hope i can look like that to, how heavy are you there !
  • lotusspark
    Options
    I'm 43 and want to lose 65 more. Lost 114 so far...most of them were before mfp, I lost several here too... Anyone can add me.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Welcome aboard-everyone here is great & very supportive-good luck on your journey
    :bigsmile:
  • numoni17
    Options
    Yes I'm 49 and could use to lose 15-20 lbs.
  • neniplatas
    neniplatas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, Looks like there are quite a few of us! I'm 48 and have about 75 lbs. to lose. So much harder the older we get, isn't it? I have a good feeling about MFP, though. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks now which is probably the longest I've stuck to any system. Feel free to friend me--always good to have support. :smile:
  • jeffro1961
    jeffro1961 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51, 193 cm and currently 105 kg male, since quitting smoking 3 yrs ago I have gradually been gaining kgs, I've been regularly bike riding for at least 18 months but need to step it up as I am losing tone in my body....... legs are great.

I've been struggling to keep motivated. I've been using MFP for a while and find the recording of foods a great way to monitor calories it builds awareness / consciousness of everything you eat.

Thought maybe I should meet a few other people that are struggling the same and share the pain......
  • janberro
    Options
    Hi I am 52 and looking for friends on MFP to stay motivated
  • Kwunilicious
    Options
    Does hitting 40 in April count?
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on your weight loss Westie, thats very impressive
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I will be 46 in a couple of weeks and not far away from my goal..
  • groke101
    Options
    46, getting there, anybody is free to add me
  • ohmygod45
    ohmygod45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    46 and a whopping 60lb to loose, from UK