Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm in the range.... I'm in maintenance after losing 50+ always looking for supportive friends. I'm on every day and will leave you a message almost every day. Looking for the same support in return. I appreciate honesty so if I screw up feel free to tell me. Send mea friend request but include a message.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi - 47 and finding MFP the best way to lose weight ever! Hope you find it as helpful and meet your goals too :) Add me if you wish :)
  • lindylou1957
    lindylou1957 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i sure am..... started two weeks ago...
  • lindylou1957
    lindylou1957 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    morning yall.... im 58.. just... and need to loose three and half stone....would very much like to share this space with you all..
  • bunnyhug3
    bunnyhug3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm 44 and had hysterectomy on hrt and other meds for back pain which limits what activities I can do. Comfort eat too so losing weight is really hard. I really need to lose 3 stone but working towards 1 first as 3 sounds too overwhelming :noway:

Think noting what I eat on this site will help and getting and giving support to others. if we have a bad day now and again though we should not beat ourselves up but must get back on track the next day and not give up.

As you can tell I am trying to be positive at this moment in time as need to lose weight for health reasons and to make me feel better about myself.
  • bunnyhug3
    Options
    Hi

I have type 2 diabetes too diet controlled (when I can manage it). I think I ignore it as I don't have to take meds for it yet so don't think it is too bad. But my daughter keeps telling me how people have lost feet and fingers etc to scare me.

I have seen diaticians and know what I should eat but find it hard. Good on you for doing so well to reverse it that encourages me. I snore really bad so maybe losing weight will help that too.

You've got everyone's support
  • bunnyhug3
    Options
    Hi

I know what it is like having meds that cause weight gain, I have 3 that do! Like you I can't blame everything on them but it does make it harder to lose.

On my first week, had very good days and a couple of not so good. It isn't easy but if we can shift some pounds slowly it will help us.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I will be 56 this year. I have an open food diary and log daily. I have type 2 diabetes (and hardly have to take my meds now). I do eat 6 times a day. 3 main meals and 3 snacks. I put the times I eat and my FBS in my notes. Feel free to add me :)
  • astra1547
    Options
    Hi..:smile: I'm 65 years of age and need to lose weight for health reasons mainly and to look better than i do ( who am i kidding aye??? haha! ) Since January 2012 i have lost 1.st 9.lbs, but got stuck so joined this site. .

I've looked at some of posts and comment on this site and everyone is doing so well....Good Luck to everyone and keep up the good work.:smile: Best Wishes Sarah
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'll be turning 43 in June and hoping to lose70 pounds. One month in and I've lost 12 pounds. MFP makes it easy and definiitely makes me think about how much and what I'm putting in my mouth. Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me!

That's a huge loss fast! MFP makes me conscious of what I'm doing, too. I love the fact that the system automatically warns me if I'm starving myself -- I know I have the possibility of being an all-or-nothing girl, and MFP is helping me with the slow and steady, and that fluctuations during the month are normal, and especially so 'cause I'm a girl. Oddly, I'm at my lowest usually the day before my period starts, and the highest right at the end. This seems counterintuitive to me.

Guys, my apologies if I just squicked you out!
  • Key0970
    Key0970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 42 year old mum of four and grandma, and need to lose about 10 stone, feel free to add me xxx
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 and trying to lose 80 lbs. Anyone feel free to add me - the more support the better I think! I love this site!
  • debmphillips
    debmphillips Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This past week, my job started a Biggest Loser at work program & we have about 80 people signed up :smile: One of the tools we were handed out was a link to this wonderful website. For the next 8 weeks I'll be joining Curves & hoping to lose the 18 lbs I've gained since leaving another weight loss program last fall.

Meanwhile I took the paperwork home & showed it to my fiancee who also signed up here :heart: & we're doing it together :drinker:

My name is Debbie, his is Jim. We're 47 & 51 & live in Upstate New York. We both need to lose over 100 lbs so hoping that we'll stick this out for the long run. If you are too please friend me! :bigsmile:

Looking forward to meeting some new friends & have fun on this great site :flowerforyou:
  • onmyweigh115
    onmyweigh115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose inches more than weight at this point, cleaning up my eating habits, ditching diets and thinking more like an athlete - performance improvements. At 48, it's a bigger challenge every year! Add me and we'll support each other on this journey.
  • felicia2605
    Options
    I am 45 try to lose about 15 pounds, it is hard because I do like to work out . Trying to eat right and gave up soda doing walking.
  • shellz65
    shellz65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm 47 and need to loose 50 pounds. I'm tired of being tired!!! lol
  • Indiglowsky
    Options
    Hi, I am 43 and since starting MFP in Jan 1st, I have lost 13 pounds. Hoping to keep going as I have about 85 more to go. Over the past 3 years I have lost 55 pounds and it has been very slow going....stalled and just broke thru another plateau by...get this...adding breakfsat..LOL Would love the support from others in the same age range as it is indeed harder to loose once over 30 and again even more once over 40...I get the most encouragement and support from my friends on here and would love more :-)
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, am 43 nd need lose 40 lbs...
  • shellykzoo
    shellykzoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    46 and have 39 more pounds to lose. Hope to be healthy and fit by Fall. Wish there was an easy button but since there is not one, gotta tackle it day by day......
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    46, down 14 pounds, about 16 to go.